8 Oak Ridge (Tenn.) 3 - 0 - 0

9 Brentwood (Tenn.) 3 - 0 - 0

10 Jefferson (Shenendoah Junction, W. Va.) 4 - 1 - 0

11 Woodford County (Versailles, Ky.) 4 - 0 - 1

12 Baylor School (Chattanooga, Tenn.) 3 - 0 - 0

13 Independence (Franklin, Tenn.) 3 - 0 - 0

14 Lexington Catholic (Lexington, Ky.) 5 - 2 - 1

15 Bearden (Knoxville, Tenn.) 5 - 1 - 0

Gotta love the fact they have Franklin, with a listed 0-0-0 record as #5.....

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.nscaa.com/hsRes.php?it=1884

1 Archbishop Spalding (Severn, Md.) 2 - 0 - 0

2 Sacred Heart Academy (Louisville, Ky.) 6 - 0 - 0

3 Bishop O'Connell (Arlington, Va.) 3 - 0 - 0

4 Notre Dame Academy (Covington, Ky.) 8 - 0 - 0

5 Franklin (Tenn.) 0 - 0 - 0

6 Good Counsel (Wheaton, Md.) 4 - 0 - 0

7 McDonogh School (Owings Mills, Md.) 0 - 0 - 0

The reason G and all his Coach buddies don't vote is because they were not issued the "offical" crystal ball used only for Eurosportscrewboard predictions. :angry:

But at least they are consistent in their estimating. In DII---- Father Ryan is #2 with 2-3-0 and St. Agnes is in a 3 way tie for #4 at 5-0-1. What if we all make a pledge to not say the E word this season?

http://www.nscaa.com/hsRes.php?it=1884

1 Archbishop Spalding (Severn, Md.) 2 - 0 - 0

2 Sacred Heart Academy (Louisville, Ky.) 6 - 0 - 0

3 Bishop O'Connell (Arlington, Va.) 3 - 0 - 0

4 Notre Dame Academy (Covington, Ky.) 8 - 0 - 0

5 Franklin (Tenn.) 0 - 0 - 0

6 Good Counsel (Wheaton, Md.) 4 - 0 - 0

7 McDonogh School (Owings Mills, Md.) 0 - 0 - 0

The reason G and all his Coach buddies don't vote is because they were not issued the "offical" crystal ball used only for Eurosportscrewboard predictions. :angry:

But at least they are consistent in their estimating. In DII---- Father Ryan is #2 with 2-3-0 and St. Agnes is in a 3 way tie for #4 at 5-0-1. What if we all make a pledge to not say the E word this season?

So THAT'S what that ball was for!!! Shoot, I used it to practice free kicks.

ESPN Top 50 shows Brentwood as No. 34 and Franklin as No. 47.

Two teams from the same district in the Top 50 in country says alot for D 11-AAA. Something will change this week however:

Brentwood at Franklin 9-10-09 at 7:00 p.m.

Brentwood week!!!!

Notre Dame defeats Signal Mountain 3-1. Hard fought physical game. SM took the early lead 1-0 but ND tied it with about 2 minutes left in the first half. It would stay 1 all until ND scored a goal with about 15 minutes remaining and then added another goal with about 10 minutes remaining. First half teams played pretty even as the score indicates. The second half ND outplayed SM and just got more shots off. Maybe we will see a rematch in the playoffs. Guarantee it would be a good game.

I really didn’t realize ND has 5 girls playing that live on SM playing for them. Over time I hope the number drops and more girls stay at their hometown school.

Oh, maybe only getting beat by two by ND will get us in the top ten like it did East Hamilton. :angry:

Notre Dame defeats Signal Mountain 3-1. Hard fought physical game. SM took the early lead 1-0 but ND tied it with about 2 minutes left in the first half. It would stay 1 all until ND scored a goal with about 15 minutes remaining and then added another goal with about 10 minutes remaining. First half teams played pretty even as the score indicates. The second half ND outplayed SM and just got more shots off. Maybe we will see a rematch in the playoffs. Guarantee it would be a good game.

I really didn’t realize ND has 5 girls playing that live on SM playing for them. Over time I hope the number drops and more girls stay at their hometown school.

Oh, maybe only getting beat by two by ND will get us in the top ten like it did East Hamilton. :angry:

Never heard of someone whipping for votes so much on a blog site. wow. Does being on the outside looking in of mjuhb's rankings bother you that much. The only thing that matters is the playoffs, Smeagle. Not a bad result, though it was ND coming onto your own turf and winning by that two goal margin you mentioned.

ND and CCS will come out of that district (district 7?). They are the teams to beat.

SM played a much better game than East Hamilton, so I agree that SM should be ranked higher. SM also has a better record, though EH has played far superior competition.

Given how weak the district is, it seems probable the two teams will meet again. I thought SM let their emotions get the best of them, but can't say I blame them after the constant attacks in the second half. SM was also way to content to clear the ball versus keeping possession.

Notre Dame attracts students from all over the region. Every school district in town could make the comment about playing for the home town school. How many Baylor and GPS girls live on the mountain? As long as Hamilton County runs the schools, I doubt the private schools have much to worry about. I think all of their math teachers are certified to teach, too.

Never heard of someone whipping for votes so much on a blog site. wow. Does being on the outside looking in of mjuhb's rankings bother you that much. The only thing that matters is the playoffs, Smeagle. Not a bad result, though it was ND coming onto your own turf and winning by that two goal margin you mentioned.

ND and CCS will come out of that district (district 7?). They are the teams to beat.

I agree with almost everything you said except for the part that you think all their math teachers are certified. Well that isn’t true. Teachers at the private schools don’t have to have the state certification. I know several qualified and competent teachers from private schools but they don’t have the certification from the state of TN.

As for the EHSoccer comment, I really dont care about rankings they dont mean anything. Like our football coach said last week you can't put a paper on the field and win a game....... Everything will play out by the end of the season and the best teams will still be playing while others will be watching. I think it would be great if EH can make a run into the playoffs.

Whew....I enjoyed the game...especially the 45 seconds my daughter got to play at the end...I was hoping she would get more time, but Signal Mountain came out hard,and this was certainly no repeat of last year's high score shutouts....SM looks to be still evolving and seems to have many young players...Possession seems to be their biggest weakness, and their physical aggression( in a good way) is their strength..they were first to the ball most of the time until the third goal late in the game seem to deflate them somewhat...

D :thumb:

I agree with almost everything you said except for the part that you think all their math teachers are certified. Well that isn’t true. Teachers at the private schools don’t have to have the state certification. I know several qualified and competent teachers from private schools but they don’t have the certification from the state of TN.

As for the EHSoccer comment, I really dont care about rankings they dont mean anything. Like our football coach said last week you can't put a paper on the field and win a game....... Everything will play out by the end of the season and the best teams will still be playing while others will be watching. I think it would be great if EH can make a run into the playoffs.

smeagle- I hate message boards. I was typing in jest. Sorry if it was not received as such. We would love to make a run. I do think that you can get a second chance at ND. It will depend on how CCS and ND plays out. When and where will that game be played. Could play to other teams advantage if ND hosts district at their place.

As for East Hamilton, Coach M is doing a great job and am thrilled we have him. but I think even he wold say that our girls have a lot to work on if we want to get out of districts. Our youth shows in games against the elite (ND and Baylor, for instance - though I still wish we had been at full strength in those games).

Well it all has to do with reputation. ND has the reputation of being physical and not always in a clean way. But that’s just because you are winning and everyone else needs an excuse. Unless Red cards are flying the words shouldn’t mean anything.

I must say I was shocked at how many girls on the ND sideline were in some sort of leg brace. Did they all get hurt in games?