Farragut vs West

Knoxbball3

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they use Van Dyne at QB I hope they leave Browning in at WR, and go on a quick count so the defense doesn't have time to adjust. Since Van Dyne's throwing ability is questionable, if you pull Browning the opposing coaches can make sure that they use a run stopping scheme. I agree with the screens as well. I can remember a time when the use of the "jail break" screen was not a matter of if, but when. I hope that Farragut has used the off week to shore up the pass defense. With the veer coming this Friday re-routing the receivers is more impartant than ever. Those quick slants off the dive are all timing, so they really need to be physical with those WR's.

If they use Van Dyne at QB I hope they leave Browning in at WR, and go on a quick count so the defense doesn't have time to adjust. Since Van Dyne's throwing ability is questionable, if you pull Browning the opposing coaches can make sure that they use a run stopping scheme.

I agree. This is one of the primary reasons I would get Van Dyne some snaps at QB AND RB. With Browning at QB, a quality passing threat must be respected, but now with TWO homerun hitters in the backfield that must be respected as well. They could break the huddle with Van Dyne at RB, or use shift/motion. Both backs would be dangerous on screens, as well as wheel routes, from that alignment.

Maybe against a weak West team, FHS can work in the Van Dyne wrinkle. Maybe not politically correct, but would it be the "VD Gun"?

As a West fan I sure hope the Admirals have this attitude going into the game. West is not weak. They came off an emotionally draining week with the Jake Logue situation and the HVA game and walked into a hornets nest with an 0-1 Maryville. They played uninspired in the first half but in the second half they ended up tying Maryville. I'm not saying West will win, but if Farragut is thinking like that they may be in for a wake up call.

Maybe against a weak West team, FHS can work in the Van Dyne wrinkle. Maybe not politically correct, but would it be the "VD Gun"?

As a West fan I sure hope the Admirals have this attitude going into the game. West is not weak. They came off an emotionally draining week with the Jake Logue situation and the HVA game and walked into a hornets nest with an 0-1 Maryville. They played uninspired in the first half but in the second half they ended up tying Maryville. I'm not saying West will win, but if Farragut is thinking like that they may be in for a wake up call.

Boot,

I didn't mean any disrespect, just my observations. I saw West against south, and was less than impressed. I saw Farragut against Catholic, and was impressed with offense, but not impressed with their D. I dont think West has an "identity" offensively, and given that they historically are around 5-5, i see this one going Farragut's way pretty easy. Just my opinion.

With Browning and Lee not getting the numbers they had last year at this time I can see Browning trying to get the ball to Lee more. They better be careful there and keep Allen in the game of things. Allen had a real good game against OR and nothing in the other games. Plus West is a team I would not over look. Played South a good big team and Maryville and we all know about Maryville. Farragut has played a weak DB and OR teams and played a very good Catholic team that really hurt them selves in that game. West will be physical and sometimes Farragut O-line don't like that and it seemed when Purty gots hit pretty good he don't like that. If West can throw the ball well it could be a interesting game.

fsunoles, I'm not sure what's going on with the Freshman. I've only seen the game against Catholic, and they looked bad. I heard two of their better linemen were moved up to the Varsity and they had a couple of starters hurt and may be out for the season. I had heard that they were supposed to have a really good QB, but the one I saw against Catholic looked lost. Maybe the one I heard about was one of the kids that got injured. Their numbers looked down a little bit. Maybe 25-30 players when they usually have more like 40-45.

so, Farragut ended up winning 18-11. I must say, I think these slow starts by Farragut need to stop.. otherwise it is eventually going to bite us... Don't know too much about the game, listened to parts on the radio. I think DeAndre had 2 tds? Also, I thought I heard Montre's name called, which is good to hear. Glad he can get back out on the field and play.