Millington fans and players

BARTLETTHSGRAD04

In a perfect world you are right, but if you have ever played the game you understand that emotions are very hard to control sometimes especilly by kids. This is not an issue, besides we are getting ready to play a team who was involved in a very severe incident . What happened there?

Trust me! I have played the game once or twice!! If you saw the game the other night, that same young man speared the same kid for Bartlett twice. Directly in the back. As a matter of fact he cost Millington two 15 yard penalties! As for the severe incident, I am curious to see what happens. Munford, I'm sure is having a rough time. I've been in there shoes before with a player passing! It's not easy. Good Luck to both teams!!

In a perfect world you are right, but if you have ever played the game you understand that emotions are very hard to control sometimes especilly by kids. This is not an issue, besides we are getting ready to play a team who was involved in a very severe incident . What happened there?

Dou(g),

Just thought I would provide some insight on the "severe incident". The practice game was being filmed and was reviewed by all concerned. There was clear evidence (supported by the Referees) that Munford did not instigate the "incident". Not a great day for any of us and not something that the coaching staff wanted in any way.

I know there was some messages posted on this board with a slant regarding the start, etc... Its not something I would even typically respond to but thought it should be noted based on this post. Since I don't know what happened at the Millington/Bartlett game (heard stuff only), I don't feel like it is my place to pass judgement or comment.

Football is an emotional game that is tied to controlled violence, it sometimes gets out of control and it is critical that referees, coaches and fans do our part to help.

I talked to a coach at the school involved in this "incident" with Munford and he said it was blown way out of proportion. Said it was just a little pushing and shoving and really not that big of a deal. This is the first I had heard about any incident between Bartlett and Millington, but from what I have gathered the refs should have gotten this game under control long before this incident. If it did indeed get to a point where a player threw a punch, that is proof enough that they did not do their job. That being said, there should NEVER be a time when a player throws a punch. We all saw what happened to LeGarrette Blount when he let his emotions take control. He has gone from a potential 2nd round draft pick to being more than likely undrafted. He threw his career away after letting his emotions get the best of him. Anyone involved in coaching needs to take the time to bring this up to their team and use it to learn from Blount's mistake.

I talked to a coach at the school involved in this "incident" with Munford and he said it was blown way out of proportion. Said it was just a little pushing and shoving and really not that big of a deal. This is the first I had heard about any incident between Bartlett and Millington, but from what I have gathered the refs should have gotten this game under control long before this incident. If it did indeed get to a point where a player threw a punch, that is proof enough that they did not do their job. That being said, there should NEVER be a time when a player throws a punch. We all saw what happened to LeGarrette Blount when he let his emotions take control. He has gone from a potential 2nd round draft pick to being more than likely undrafted. He threw his career away after letting his emotions get the best of him. Anyone involved in coaching needs to take the time to bring this up to their team and use it to learn from Blount's mistake.

Can't believe i am paying complements to a Chiefs fan, Ha Ha, but this is an excellent example you have provided, so i leave with this "Go Chiefs".