Oakland v. Riverdale

MidTennFootball

2P you got a little long with that post, I thought you were going to turn that thing into a short story. I will agree that Oakland's D is one of the better ones around, but SHS and BHS are both pretty dang good. I think this one will be a surprise to O Zoners. Closer one than you think.

LETS GO DAWGS

have seen all 3. oaklands D is in a league of it's own. they dominate the line and just grind you down. with all due respect to smyrna, and blackman. i have followed this game since 1975. oakland is one of the 2 or 3 best D's i have seen.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This just in.....Weinergate has been solved. B)

As we suspected, wrong dogs were ordered and wrong man was operating the untensils (sorry, Son B) ). All will be corrected by Friday night so come :hungry: !

Thank You for helping to fix this. That is the best news I have heard in the last couple of months. B)

While the rest of the body is falling apart the taste buds is not one of them.

This game has the possibility of getting me in hot water in so many ways in the U Pick Em this week. I may leave this one and the LaVergne vs Blackman off and go with the alternates this week.

This should be a great one! I agree that OHS's defense is in a league of their own. (BHS has no argument there, please go play somebody good!) But I also believe RHS's defense is also very solid. And OHS's offense isnt exactly racking up points. IF RHS can hold on to the football, I could see them winning this game. But I just dont see them getting through this one without a few turnovers. Ill take OHS in a CLOSE one!

OHS 13

RHS 7

This should be a great one! I agree that OHS's defense is in a league of their own. (BHS has no argument there, please go play somebody good!) But I also believe RHS's defense is also very solid. And OHS's offense isnt exactly racking up points. IF RHS can hold on to the football, I could see them winning this game. But I just dont see them getting through this one without a few turnovers. Ill take OHS in a CLOSE one!

OHS 13

RHS 7

Oakland may not be putting 48 points on anyone, but they have made a lot of progress in regards to the season opener. Thomas has done a good job of getting the ball to his playmakers in all sorts of different ways, and Christian is starting to get back to that level of play that he performed at the end of last season. With a defense like this, they do not have to be great, just solid and effecient, which they have been the last 2 games. I hope Buddy and Jarrod starting to get the ball more on offense, like they did against Brentwood, they both can do great things with the football.

I have not seen Oakland this year, but I have heard good things about them. Same for Riverdale I think this game has great potential. Being that I have never been to an Oakland vs. Riverdale game I was wondering what the crowd and the atmosphere is going to be like, will the stands be packed full?

I have not seen Oakland this year, but I have heard good things about them. Same for Riverdale I think this game has great potential. Being that I have never been to an Oakland vs. Riverdale game I was wondering what the crowd and the atmosphere is going to be like, will the stands be packed full?

Electric and Standing Room only. You will be glad you came

Thanks OP I think I will make the journey over to check this one out I like a good atmosphere and sounds like this one is going to be good.

I believe last year drew anywhere from 8-10,000, and I am sure more were discouraged from coming given the lack of size at either stadium. Friendly piece of advice:Get there VERY EARLY

Oakland vs Riverdale.....the "Battle of the Boro"!

This is the game that has had the BIGGEST crowd in MTSU's stadium and the State Championship since it came to the Blue Raiders Stadium!

Throw out all the records and get ready to RUMBLE!

Know that if you are not there at least an hour early you will have to walk at least a mile and that it will take at least an hour to get out of the parking lot after the game.

This one could rival some HS games I have seen in Texas.