Oakland v. Riverdale

MidTennFootball

I have not seen Oakland this year, but I have heard good things about them. Same for Riverdale I think this game has great potential. Being that I have never been to an Oakland vs. Riverdale game I was wondering what the crowd and the atmosphere is going to be like, will the stands be packed full?

Electric and Standing Room only. You will be glad you came

Weather isn't looking good, so seating shouldn't be a huge issue, hopefully it will be a nice evening.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yall are killing me. I love it when no one gives a team any credit even though 3 outta 4 teams that we(BLACKMAN) have played were all playoff teams last year. So please keep on doubting how good Blackmans Defense is and how good Blackmans Offense is. That will just make it that much better to watch your BIG HEADS get poped. And as any High School Football fan in TN can tell you never under estimate Bobby Wells, as a Head Coach he still has some learning to do but as a Defensive Cordinator he is in a very small group at the top of the line. Ensworth showed ev1 how to beat Oakland, run the ball straight at there so called big man and watch him collapse to the pressure as he did in the first half. We will see what happens but I'm looking for the upset Riverdale by a TD............WE ARE BLACKMAN!!!!!!!

Yall are killing me. I love it when no one gives a team any credit even though 3 outta 4 teams that we(BLACKMAN) have played were all playoff teams last year. So please keep on doubting how good Blackmans Defense is and how good Blackmans Offense is. That will just make it that much better to watch your BIG HEADS get poped. And as any High School Football fan in TN can tell you never under estimate Bobby Wells, as a Head Coach he still has some learning to do but as a Defensive Cordinator he is in a very small group at the top of the line. Ensworth showed ev1 how to beat Oakland, run the ball straight at there so called big man and watch him collapse to the pressure as he did in the first half. We will see what happens but I'm looking for the upset Riverdale by a TD............WE ARE BLACKMAN!!!!!!!

Dude, what in the world are you talking about??? Who was talking about Blackman? The last time I checked this was a RHS/OHS thread! Go click over to the Blackman vs which ever JV team they are playing this week thread and talk about this... And as for Ensworth showing how to beat OHS... All they showed was that they had better players than Oakland. I would hate to see what they would do to Blackman, but we wont because Blackman refuses to play anybody good out of their own district... Maybe we can get them to schedule Ensworth's JV team?

Little bit of little man syndrome eh? Enlighten me, if its so easy to run at Oakland, then how did they hold Brentwood to 43 yards on 25 carries? Ensworth is the 2nd best team in the state and has probably the best tailback in the state. Im sure Independence, Siegel, and Brentwood would have wished that beating Oakland would have been that easy. I dont think any Oakland regulars on here have a big head, weve been to the top, and weve been to the bottom, and we know how it feels to fight for respect. Oakland-Riverdale is a rivalry game, and anything can happen. I usually like the guys on the field to do the talkin for me as far as any kind of prediction, but I am pretty sure the Oakland staff is going to put all the energy they can into preparing for this game, considering the numerous ties our staff has to Riverdale.

OP, I think the reason this person is on the RHS/ OHS thread is because there is nothing going on with the BHS/ LHS thread. One thing that I have learned over the years being a Bulldog fan is you have to earn respect thru your teams actions on the field. It took Riverdale coming to play at SHS before WGNS ever covered a smyrna game and I can't tell you how many times Josh Ezell with the DNJ told me they don't sell enough papers in the north part of the county to cover LHS ans SHS. Granted BHS has some good athletes and a new coach (and the seniors that coach wells was waiting on to turn the corner with). But until you play somebody (and yes you did beat my Bulldogs) you can't expect everyone in the county to flock to BHS just because the Blaze fans type WE ARE THE BLAZE at the end of their postings. Tell you what beat everybody in the district BHS and then you'll command respect or what ever it is your looking for out of this.

Good luck to OHS and RHS on friday night hope you have a sell out crowd and sell lots of those hot dogs you all keep talking about. I was more impressed with the chicken sandwich at Brentwood to be honest.

2P I am starting to ramble just like you.

Why are you on this thread. This thread says Oakland and Riverdale. You want to know why you get no respect? It is because you can't read.

OP, I think the reason this person is on the RHS/ OHS thread is because there is nothing going on with the BHS/ LHS thread. One thing that I have learned over the years being a Bulldog fan is you have to earn respect thru your teams actions on the field. It took Riverdale coming to play at SHS before WGNS ever covered a smyrna game and I can't tell you how many times Josh Ezell with the DNJ told me they don't sell enough papers in the north part of the county to cover LHS ans SHS. Granted BHS has some good athletes and a new coach (and the seniors that coach wells was waiting on to turn the corner with). But until you play somebody (and yes you did beat my Bulldogs) you can't expect everyone in the county to flock to BHS just because the Blaze fans type WE ARE THE BLAZE at the end of their postings. Tell you what beat everybody in the district BHS and then you'll command respect or what ever it is your looking for out of this.

Good luck to OHS and RHS on friday night hope you have a sell out crowd and sell lots of those hot dogs you all keep talking about. I was more impressed with the chicken sandwich at Brentwood to be honest.

Look here goober... It's "We Are Blackman" if you gonna quote at least have the intellect to get it right. Speaking of being in somebody else's backyard, what are doing here.? As far as Riverdale vs. Oaktown. To quote The Nature Boy... "to be the man you gotta to beat the man" I say Oaktown, but the game will be interesting. Anytime you go up against a Wing T style offense the defense has to be soooo disciplined. Does Oakland have that kind of discipline? That will tell the tale. If you can't stop a running team it puts much more pressure on your possessions.

Look for the winner to be the one that avoids the turnovers!

I agree the Blackman/Lascurge thread is lame. I guess that dial up internet has not made it that far yet. But which way is he talking about?

Look here goober... It's "We Are Blackman" if you gonna quote at least have the intellect to get it right. Speaking of being in somebody else's backyard, what are doing here.? As far as Riverdale vs. Oaktown. To quote The Nature Boy... "to be the man you gotta to beat the man" I say Oaktown, but the game will be interesting. Anytime you go up against a Wing T style offense the defense has to be soooo disciplined. Does Oakland have that kind of discipline? That will tell the tale. If you can't stop a running team it puts much more pressure on your possessions.

Look for the winner to be the one that avoids the turnovers!

I agree the Blackman/Lascurge thread is lame. I guess that dial up internet has not made it that far yet. But which way is he talking about?

Case Study in regards to Oakland defending the Wing-T: Independence. Just 131 yards of total offense, less than 30 in the 2nd half. Not a whole lot of difference IMO.

OP, put the pipe down and hang onto the wheel.... it's ok your not driving, I was just messing wich ya :roflol:

Please don't ever compare Indy to Riverdale. Reason being is there is no comparison. I'm not saying that the outcome may not be similar but the athletes on the field aint even close and probably never will, at least in our lifetime.

Riverdale is Big, Strong and Fast. Indy is in Spring Hill, not Franklin. Nuf said.

Holla, Holla Back!