Oakland v. Riverdale

MidTennFootball

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched Oakland tonight. We better not make ANY mistakes because if we do we will pay for them. I watched a rushing performance tonight against a Ron Crawford team like I have never seen before. We cannot afford to play catch up football with Oakland as they will NOT let you. They got up on Brentwood and it forced Brentwood to make mistakes. One of which Oakland took to the end zone.

People can say what they want about the WingT but it is NOT a catch up type offense. I think the Hendersonville vs LaVergne game tonight proved that. Speaking of which how did LaVergne do that to Hendersonville after we lost to Hendersonville but destroyed LaVergne? That tells me we are NOT playing consistant football!

I watched Oakland tonight. We better not make ANY mistakes because if we do we will pay for them. I watched a rushing performance tonight against a Ron Crawford team like I have never seen before. We cannot afford to play catch up football with Oakland as they will NOT let you. They got up on Brentwood and it forced Brentwood to make mistakes. One of which Oakland took to the end zone.

People can say what they want about the WingT but it is NOT a catch up type offense. I think the Hendersonville vs LaVergne game tonight proved that. Speaking of which how did LaVergne do that to Hendersonville after we lost to Hendersonville but destroyed LaVergne? That tells me we are NOT playing consistant football!

That is why I love High School football. Stats, Records and Predictions do not matter. This Oakland & Riverdale game will be the same, it will be an all out battle. Good Luck Pats

I think you give us too much credit LOD. We played pretty good, but we got some nice breaks to go our way as well. I think that is the big difference in this year's defense is that the secondary has improved. Brentwood has a good lil qb when he decides not to lock onto his receivers. On Buddy's INT TD, he might as well just given him the ball. I like how Thomas used our playmakers tonight, he is starting to his his stride as a playcaller...........

OP, I have been watching Coach Crawford defenses for 10+ years. Normally teams can't rush on them. Y'all rushed at will on Brentwood tonight. Yes, granted y'all also caught a couple of good breaks. For instance one no no hit by Oakland was not called by the Zebras and it was right in front of him. I even saw it in the stands with no problem. If it had been called it would have severely set back y'alls first scoring drive.

BTW who ever is cooking the dogs is turning them into a burnt offering, so I had two of them! :roflolk:

OP, I have been watching Coach Crawford defenses for 10+ years. Normally teams can't rush on them. Y'all rushed at will on Brentwood tonight. Yes, granted y'all also caught a couple of good breaks. For instance one no no hit by Oakland was not called by the Zebras and it was right in front of him. I even saw it in the stands with no problem. If it had been called it would have severely set back y'alls first scoring drive.

BTW who ever is cooking the dogs is turning them into a burnt offering, so I had two of them! :twisted:

Also, keep in mind their defense is a little down from years past. But Thomas did a great job of coming up with different ways to attack them: wildcat, traditional dead I, quick passs, etc. Its hard to key in one particular thing Oakland does on offense when they are executing well like they did tonight. Shame that Buddy's Punt Return and Jarrod's Catch and Scamper both got wiped out by penalties. Id like to see us run some more of that naked bootleg to the weak side that worked well against Ensworth. Christian may not look like it, but when in space, he can make some nice plays with his feet. I am loving the move more and more in stick Matthew Schaller back there at Safety, he has been great for us in the secondary. Too good of an athlete not to play somewhere. Im proud of him for handling his adversity the way he has.