Oliver Springs vs. Coalfield

soilder383

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what film you are watching but if it is that bad then if I were you it would already be in the mail to the TSSAA. I got a copy of the channel 12 broadcast and sat down and watched it last night, unless they missed alot of the action I don't see what you are saying. Yes OS had a few personal fouls one was from a player that was tackled (while on defense) because he complained of the no call. Another was after a play where the player thought he was being held and retaleated. And yes they did deserve those penalities, the third one I didn't see it from the stands or on the tape. And that is something that has to be addressed, but in the second one I mentioned, during the scuffle there might have been a punch thrown by the Coalfield player. I'm not saying he did but it could have iterpeted as one. I'm sure there was alot going on out there that neither of us know about but 10 personal fouls? I just didn't see it. Let me ask you this, did Coalfield not do anything to deserve any penalities? I just didn't see the difference in the calls that you are saying. You know last year y'all put it on us, not the refs it was y'all, and i'll give you that. I didn't enjoy it but that was the way it was. I just don't understand why when we beat y'all friday night its the refs, 7 personal fouls that should have been called and a bunch of other things, why can't you just give our kids a little credit? They had a hard week of practice and played a pretty good game. Am I saying we did nothing wrong as far as penalities, NO, but neither did you. Am I saying the refs didn't miss some calls against us, NO, but they also missed some calls against y'all. Like I said at the first of my post, if it was as onesided as you say it was then send it to the TSSAA. But I'm telling you, you had better make sure that second personal foul that I mentioned is not on there because they might interpet that as a punch and I don't know how they would deal with that. I know Coalfield is a better team than we saw Friday but it just wasn't their night, sometimes stuff like that happens. Good luck to y'all the rest of the year, you've got a young team that is only going to get better with time, if you keep your heads up and keep working hard.

i never said the game would have been won by coalfield,but it would have been a better game had the refs called it equal,not in coalfields favor, but equal. and talking about cheap shots,I believe oz had at least 3 personal fouls and could have been called for at least 10.... just watch the film.

The more you posts, the more I'm convinced you either were not at the game or you watched the film of another game. I have watched the game tape twice, the Coalfield TD called out of the end zone, was correct, his left foot hit the ground first and it was on the line, good call. The interception by OZ, there is no way of telling from the replay if the ball hit the ground or not, but the ref was standing right on top of that play. NONE of the 3 personal fouls on OZ were for late hits. You keep watching that film, maybe in your own mind, at some point your team will win. The TSSAA rep and the refs were notified of a player on YOUR team, by somone you've aready played this year, because of dirty play, this same player was going around all week prior to the OZ game talking about taking out the knee's of one of our best linemen. Pre-season all-state, yea right, he spent most of the game on his backside!

i never said the game would have been won by coalfield,but it would have been a better game had the refs called it equal,not in coalfields favor, but equal. and talking about cheap shots,I believe oz had at least 3 personal fouls and could have been called for at least 10.... just watch the film.

The more you posts, the more I'm convinced you either were not at the game or you watched the film of another game. I have watched the game tape twice, the Coalfield TD called out of the end zone, was correct, his left foot hit the ground first and it was on the line, good call. The interception by OZ, there is no way of telling from the replay if the ball hit the ground or not, but the ref was standing right on top of that play. NONE of the 3 personal fouls on OZ were for late hits. You keep watching that film, maybe in your own mind, at some point your team will win. The TSSAA rep and the refs were notified of a player on YOUR team, by somone you've aready played this year, because of dirty play, this same player was going around all week prior to the OZ game talking about taking out the knee's of one of our best linemen. Pre-season all-state, yea right, he spent most of the game on his backside!

I never said anything about any particular play but it seems like you exactly the ones they were.so maybe you have some doubts about the calls also.

No doubts, from my vantage point in the stands, there was no way I could see either one, but, after watching the tape (your suggestion), those were the only two plays that I thought that Coalfield may have had a problem with. OZ had more penalty yards than Coalfield, I don't see how you could possibly think that the refs had that much bearing on the outcome of the game.