Gallatin Hosts Wilson Central

Verb58

Or maybe Wilson Central might win a game if they fire Traye Aric. I predict Wilson Central losing 45-0

You gotta do the best with what you have. Talent level changes every year!

The ball is rolling now, I suggest you hang on for the ride.

You really dont believe that firing the coach would help WC win. Take ownership

of the loss. The coach doesnt win, he just coaches the kids. The kids play the game.

Im sure that the coaches are doing everything they can. They dont want to go an entire

season without a victory! The players dont want to lose either. It is what it is.

Yes the offense has changed. BUT what about the defense. What happened to it?

I suggest that you take a minute to reflect. The only difference is that last years

studs (seniors) have graduated. I dont know the specifics, but I am sure that many

of the starters who played most of the games last year are no longer @ WC.

I think that you just sound completely retarded right now. You are backing up a coach that calls out his kids on the front page of the newspaper. What a joke for a head coach. If you have a problem with your kids then you keep that between you and the kids. You do not let that get into the media. I've never heard of any other coach in TN. Call out his kids like that. It is just messed up. So maybe you should sit down and reflect about what it means to be a head coach of high school football in charge of kids that are 14-17 years old. You don't call someone out like that. Especially if you are 2 1/2 times their age. So I'll let that rest on your mind for a while

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wc07, have you ever thought that maybe he's tried every other option possible to motivate these kids and get them focused? Personally I think its the players who are missing practice that are at fault. If they really wanted to play football then they would be committed. You are either all in or not in at all when it comes to the idea of a team. I know it may seem quite brash for the coach to say something like that, but maybe its his last hope at motivating these young kids.

Gallatin wins this one 33-0. Gallatin made several mistakes which cost the Wave a lot bigger score. Several highlights. Fields had a big game running and catching the football. Perry had a great return on the kick after the safety. Satterfield had a beautiful 50 yard fieldgoal and a great scramble on a botched punt. The radio said it was around a 40 yard run. As for Wilson Central....ya'll could move the ball but always seemed to shoot yourself in the foot. The center to QB exchange was shaky at best. The playcalling was not the best either. Why are you running the football when you are in obvious passing situations. Just didn't make sense to me. One thing Wilson Central did do is stop the run up the middle. Gallatin on the other hand looked pretty good except for the dumb mistakes. Hopefully those can be corrected cause it gets a lot tougher next week.

WC,

I am not backing up anyone. Just stating my opinion. I didnt see you debating

any of the facts. I dont care who is coaching those kids. They will still have a

losing season. I think the Elrod thing was a mistake, but I suspect that it wasn't

the head coaches call????? Maybe he should give them all a piece of candy or a

sticker everytime they make it to practice? I don't think that calling meetings @ WC

will help the teams success either. Maybe WC will have a better load of athletes next

year? Good Luck!

I was impressed by how the Offense was able to pick up the slack after WC was keying on Perry. They refused to let him do anything. He had a few good runs 1 was a TD called back for holding. He also had a great punt return that set up a drive at the WC 4. Satterfield on the busted punt play was very nice too bad it had to come to that though. Overall I was pleased to get the win but we still have lots of work to do but are heading in the right direction. Fields is starting to really impress me with his play as well.