Union City @ Obion Central...County Rivalry Time !!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a good game. It will be very interesting to see how Union City comes out after last weeks game. If Union City comes out flat, could be a long game, if not and the Tornadoes get going early...we'll see.

Right now they have issued a Tornado Watch for Troy but may need to upgraded to a "Tornado Warning" by the end of the 1st quarter.

The Rebels will play hard til the end. Union City will have to play til no time is left on the lock. The Rebels have already proved that they will fight til the game is over. That was shown in the Miss. game and Crocket County game.

From what I am hearing, Union City team is dealing with some type of virus right now with several kids out. Even some of the coaches have been sick.

I will say this though, some may or may not agree...why would this be call an "Upset" if the Rebels win. Is it because Union City is ranked in their class and the Rebels aren't. If you go by the school numbers, should be owned by Obion County every year.

Depending on who will play for Union City this Friday will determine how this game unfolds.

If Fare and Barnes has their way, might be a long night for the Rebels on either their passing or running game. Central will throw everything they have into this game from junk plays to anything they can.

Special teams may again come into play. But, with the "short" field goals the Rebels have on Rebel field, ths might hurt Union City's kicker. It has hurt Union City before back in the 80's/

Union City by 10 points and a good game.

i dont think they can make the playoffs this year because the went independent or something. dry.gif

but if they could i believe that they would be 4a or at least 3a

That is a large difference in size of school especially if they are a 4A. So if they are independent what are they playing for fun? I'm not trying to be smart I promise I'm just curious how they get player to play if they have no post season to look forward to.

Should be a good game. It will be very interesting to see how Union City comes out after last weeks game. If Union City comes out flat, could be a long game, if not and the Tornadoes get going early...we'll see.

Right now they have issued a Tornado Watch for Troy but may need to upgraded to a "Tornado Warning" by the end of the 1st quarter.

The Rebels will play hard til the end. Union City will have to play til no time is left on the lock. The Rebels have already proved that they will fight til the game is over. That was shown in the Miss. game and Crocket County game.

From what I am hearing, Union City team is dealing with some type of virus right now with several kids out. Even some of the coaches have been sick.

I will say this though, some may or may not agree...why would this be call an "Upset" if the Rebels win. Is it because Union City is ranked in their class and the Rebels aren't. If you go by the school numbers, should be owned by Obion County every year.

Depending on who will play for Union City this Friday will determine how this game unfolds.

If Fare and Barnes has their way, might be a long night for the Rebels on either their passing or running game. Central will throw everything they have into this game from junk plays to anything they can.

Special teams may again come into play. But, with the "short" field goals the Rebels have on Rebel field, ths might hurt Union City's kicker. It has hurt Union City before back in the 80's/

Union City by 10 points and a good game.

I believe someone here has already been telling the "Greenfields" to quit complaining about school size, the game still has to be played. Obion Central has 141 kids out of school with the flu as of Tuesday.

"Short" field goals might hurt the Union City kicker?? Are you kidding? The ball still has the same amount of space to travel through as the goal post lines extend to the clouds. Besides, as a soccer player, that kid has kicked at smaller targets. From what I've seen, he would not be hampered by what you deem short field goals. And "junk plays"? You mean like Bowlings fake punt? Whatever dude. If I were coaching I'd throw the water jugs or anything else to get the edge. So will Coach Jackson, Bowling, or any other coach worth his paycheck. Ease up on that kool-aid.

Hopefully Worley will be healthy this week as I enjoy watching him play. Hopefully the Rebels will have their injured players healthy as well.

And I don't believe OC is playing independent. Their district was split up due to travel distance if I remember correctly. Someone feel free to correct that if I don't. OC is a 3A school, 4A for playoffs I believe. I think enrollment is still around 1,000 or just under this year.

Safety to all, luck to the Rebels!

Where do ya'll come up with this stuff ??...

OC is NOT independent..The Rebels play in 13 AA.....They play in 4A for the playoffs....It will be hard for them to get into the playoffs because they are in a district that includes Milan, Westview & Gibson County in 3A and Ripley, Covington, Crockett County, Haywood County and Dyersburg in 4A...They do get 3 automatic berths from the 4A portion of 13AA though....OC has an enrollment at or over 1000 kids....

ucdiditagain...OCCHS is dealing with sickness as well...There was close to 200 out yesterday....I don't know how much that has directly affected the football team...

It looks like the game(s) will be altered if not out right cancelled for this friday and maybe next friday nights. The likely winner will be the H1M1 Virus due the rapid spread thru the county school system.

I was told tonight that there will be a meeting of the directors of both school systems and

the health department on Thursday morning to make a decision on cancelling school and all

school related activities!! If school is cancelled by the health department, there will be no games

until school resumes. 3 days or 3 weeks!!!!

None of the county teams can afford forfeits in the new tssaa z-plan. :roflol:

Yes the goal post extend on an imaginary line BUT sometimes when Farmer Fudd is the referee, he can't make the right call whether it was in or not. So yes goal post height makes a huge difference. Thats why all colleges and now alot of High schools are getting 40 ft goal post. And you think it will be hard for OC to make the playoffs THIS year? This year is no different than the last two except they will win a few games... O and the comment about it shouldnt hurt bc hes a soccer player How many pts do u get in soccer for kicking abover the goal?