who has the best fans.....?????

SuperMatt

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest caligula

Maryville has (had) the best fans man they used to destroy stadiums (broke to bleacher sets) get in trouble with cops and other schools. They were bad! The parents are still crazy! West has a crazy section the will tick you off fast. Melrose gets crunk!

AE fans are loud and crazy, but nice and respectable too. Notre Dame fans don't exist. McCallie fans make the Civil War Cemetary seem lively. :rolleyes:

[Edited by caligula on 9-16-02 10:28P]

I have been reading for awhile on here, and I have seen more than one post referencing Maryville's pre-disposition to destruction. Maybe I am just missing something here, but I don't understand why destorying things and getting in trouble with the police equate to having good fans. What is the rationale here? "Hey, we won, let's break stuff!!" or Hey, we lost, let's break stuff!" I come from a school where basketball is much bigger than football, so most of the great crowds and fan support I hace seen have been in a gym, and believe me, I have seen some amazing crowds. As a general rule though, we all had a good time with out the pointless, mass destruction. Someone else here has to agree with me?!?

Posted by caligula:

Maryville has (had) the best fans man they used to destroy stadiums (broke to bleacher sets) get in trouble with cops and other schools. They were bad! The parents are still crazy! West has a crazy section the will tick you off fast. Melrose gets crunk!

AE fans are loud and crazy, but nice and respectable too. Notre Dame fans don't exist. McCallie fans make the Civil War Cemetary seem lively. :x

[Edited by caligula on 9-16-02 10:28P]

I will agree with you completely. Being proud of your fans because they are destructive is disgusting. Guys, this is high school sports. I am addressing this to the posters from Maryville.

When your team plays an away game, you are the visitors. Just like you are when somebody invites you into their home. Hosts should treat their guests(visitors) with respect. Guests should treat their hosts with respect including the facilities where the game is played. Respect goes both ways. Just because you disagree with the way you are treated dosen't give your the right to be destructive. Is that a foreign concept?

[Edited by Bighurt on 9-17-02 4:47P]

Being a Powell grad and all, most fans from Powell and other schools just consider Maryville fans rednecks, especially the students. I mean I guess you would think that breakin' stuff would be considered the greatest accomplishment of your entire teenage lives! I guess that would be something to be proud of considering you fly a Rebel flag at your football games. You wanna' brag about something? Go brag about how good your team is, not how stupid your fans can be.

I think Collinwood has the greatest fan. We are always supporting our team. When we have home games there's hardly anyone on the vistiors side. When Collinwood has an away game there's always lots of fans in the stands. For a little town we always have the stands full not counting all the ones standing around. We're proud of our team here and show it.