MILLINGTON VS. R.E.H.S.

dou

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, I hope Millington does use this game to get better. I think you have one of the good coaches in our area, and the better the area teams are, the better the competition becomes. We all benefit from having quality play out of the public school football teams. And come playoff time, I'd like to see the best team representing West TN actually win something when they head east to play the team representing the Nashville area.

Hard to believe this is even a topic. Ral-Egypt has a few athletes, but that's all they have going for them. Their coaching shouldn't even be called coaching. They have ZERO gameplan. Their QB just throws the ball up in the air and hopes his WR comes down with it. Their RB just looks for somewhere to run and hopes he can just outrun everyone....there seems to be no blocking scheme whatsoever. That being said, sometimes teams like this can be harder to break down and can actually make a team play down to them because of all of this. A team that has a structured defensive and offensive gameplan should have no problem with this tomato can team.....as long as the players stick to the coach's strategy and don't try to play backyard ball with them.

Well, as long as Millington is that team, that's not going to happen. As soon as they play a team that can tackle, the Wing T becomes worthless. And that "good coach" has wasted a lot of talent over the past 10 or so years.

BMACK

You are correct on some points. We have not been successful at making adjustments on the fly as to what is happening to us on the field and it has cost us and it has been frustrating to the fans and players as well. But I don't remember seeing R.E. anywhere near the post season.

FIGHT TROJANS FIGHT

NEVER GIVE UP

well, I hope Millington does use this game to get better. I think you have one of the good coaches in our area, and the better the area teams are, the better the competition becomes. We all benefit from having quality play out of the public school football teams. And come playoff time, I'd like to see the best team representing West TN actually win something when they head east to play the team representing the Nashville area.

Good remarks spartanfan, i hope you guys bounce back big this week, Millington has been outside of their identity in the first few weeks and this is the week they can work hard to perfect what they do, eliminate the mistakes they have been making, and build confidence in their o-line. They are a running offense with a little play action pass that can be very effective if they are running and controling the LOS. The trojans have shown signs of getting into their groove but have remained inconsistent so hopefully they will show good improvement in the little things this week against a team they should be able to impose their will on.

Hard to believe this is even a topic. Ral-Egypt has a few athletes, but that's all they have going for them. Their coaching shouldn't even be called coaching. They have ZERO gameplan. Their QB just throws the ball up in the air and hopes his WR comes down with it. Their RB just looks for somewhere to run and hopes he can just outrun everyone....there seems to be no blocking scheme whatsoever. That being said, sometimes teams like this can be harder to break down and can actually make a team play down to them because of all of this. A team that has a structured defensive and offensive gameplan should have no problem with this tomato can team.....as long as the players stick to the coach's strategy and don't try to play backyard ball with them.

What you say may be correct about Ral Egypt but TSSAA put them in our region and on our schedule and you or us have no choice in playing them so we might as well make the most out of the game. If that is working on weakness such as blocking schemes, passing game, kick coverage, blitz and coverage packages, or whatever, it is a chance to advance your football team for the rest of the season. Call it a scrimmage game if you want but RE will be trying to win so it is not to be treated as a week off.

Heard JV game was cancelled yesterday, partial practice, watched some film. Buddy of mine said team only practiced for about an hour today...not raining just too wet. Said 9th grade was going pretty hard at it though.

9th grade is off to a good start and looking good, i hope the varsity gets some work in before the game this week because there is rain in the forecast. You have to play in so might as well practice in it.

Well, as long as Millington is that team, that's not going to happen. As soon as they play a team that can tackle, the Wing T becomes worthless. And that "good coach" has wasted a lot of talent over the past 10 or so years.

BMACK

You are correct on some points. We have not been successful at making adjustments on the fly as to what is happening to us on the field and it has cost us and it has been frustrating to the fans and players as well. But I don't remember seeing R.E. anywhere near the post season.

FIGHT TROJANS FIGHT

NEVER GIVE UP

Haha...I never said I had anything to do with Raleigh Egypt.

What you say may be correct about Ral Egypt but TSSAA put them in our region and on our schedule and you or us have no choice in playing them so we might as well make the most out of the game. If that is working on weakness such as blocking schemes, passing game, kick coverage, blitz and coverage packages, or whatever, it is a chance to advance your football team for the rest of the season. Call it a scrimmage game if you want but RE will be trying to win so it is not to be treated as a week off.

Very true....gotta play the hand you've been dealt. I don't see us dropping them from the schedule anytime soon even if they weren't in our region because it is the game with the biggest draw for us. The schools are so close together and the kids have known each other for years. Yall should no doubt pound on them because they will more than likely be out of position on the buck sweep just about every time. After running that at them about 15-20 times, they will start to cheat towards it and then....time for sally. They also will probably not be ready for the first play deep pass that Hawkins likes to run. So, it may be 7-0 15 seconds into the game. You are also right about perceiving it as a week off. Our team did that last year and RE almost got us. Good luck Friday cam