Smyrna vs. Ensworth

JMRANGER

I assume you are a Smyrna fan,and maybe you miss :flower: my point . Tell me which top rated 6A school has beaten a top rated Private school.

You didn't address this question to me . . . but here goes: I'm not sure what you mean by top rated but a very average Ravenwood beat Brentwood Academy last year. Independence just beat MBA. Didn't Whitehaven just throttle CBHS in your neck of the woods? Oakland had every opportunity to take out Ensworth but came up just a little short.

Smyrna is a good team and should represent 6A well. Good luck.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We do have a good chance at winning this game. We have enough talent on both sides of the ball. We have to play nearly flawless football. No turnovers and play with discilpline. Not just to avoid penalties but to operate with percision and good technique. You can't get caught up in the score. You have to win one play at a time. We have to put points on the board at the begginning of the game and often. We can not give Ensworth extra opportunities to score through turnovers. We have to stop the run. We will see the best running back we have seen yet. If the defense continues to show up, like they have all season, and stops the run then that will even the playing field. The attitude was good and loose at practice today. Something you would see with a team who has gained some confidence. Tomorrow will be a much more physical practice. Expect a big crowd friday night. This game will tell us a lot about our football team. A win here and that will finally get this team some respect around the county maybe around the state. Go Bulldogs!

You make some good points but I do not think Smyrna needs to feel they need to "play nearly flawless football" to win this week. You can't go into a game afraid to make mistakes and if this is what the kids believe, then Smyrna is already in trouble. I think they need to clean up some fumble issues, yes but come in Friday Night, knowing you will win if you execute.

Lastly, who cares about respect? Just win........Smyrna had respect to start the year off and did that get them W's? Go win and things will take care of itself. This football team should not care what others think. I think that is a big issue for a young football team. Just get better every day. They need to worry about more productive things, like beating one of the best teams in the state, one of the best team in any state. Rival has them 70th in the nation as of today.

That would get my juices flowing if I was playing in this game. I always wanted to play the “best” when I was playing. I hope the Smyrna kids have the same felling.

Go get’em Dogs!!!

Great post Bulldog86! Especially the last part! And I bet they do have that same feeling! Good luck Friday! :mrgreen:

We do have a good chance at winning this game. We have enough talent on both sides of the ball. We have to play nearly flawless football. No turnovers and play with discilpline. Not just to avoid penalties but to operate with percision and good technique. You can't get caught up in the score. You have to win one play at a time. We have to put points on the board at the begginning of the game and often. We can not give Ensworth extra opportunities to score through turnovers. We have to stop the run. We will see the best running back we have seen yet. If the defense continues to show up, like they have all season, and stops the run then that will even the playing field. The attitude was good and loose at practice today. Something you would see with a team who has gained some confidence. Tomorrow will be a much more physical practice. Expect a big crowd friday night. This game will tell us a lot about our football team. A win here and that will finally get this team some respect around the county maybe around the state. Go Bulldogs!

You make some good points but I do not think Smyrna needs to feel they need to "play nearly flawless football" to win this week. You can't go into a game afraid to make mistakes and if this is what the kids believe, then Smyrna is already in trouble. I think they need to clean up some fumble issues, yes but come in Friday Night, knowing you will win if you execute.

Lastly, who cares about respect? Just win........Smyrna had respect to start the year off and did that get them W's? Go win and things will take care of itself. This football team should not care what others think. I think that is a big issue for a young football team. Just get better every day. They need to worry about more productive things, like beating one of the best teams in the state, one of the best team in any state. Rival has the m 70th in the nation as of today.

That would get my juices flowing if I was playing in this game. I always wanted to play the “best” when I was playing. I hope the Smyrna kids have the same felling.

Go get’em Dogs!!!

Bulldog good points. They should not be afraid to make mistakes. they should not even be thinking about mistakes. When i said flawless, i was talking about the fumbles and the penalties. Especially the procedure and personal fouls. One thing is true, and this can not be disputed, they have and will play their heart out. I don't think they think about the respect. But you can't overlook the comments like "they are one year away" or "this is rebuilding year". As parent with a player on the team, this baffles me. Look at the talent on this team. It is all starting to come together. I ask this question. Do you not want a team to peak towards the end of the season. Yes dominant all year long would be better. But very few teams start that way and end that way. We are getting better everyday. Go Dawgs!

Oh yea.......they will fight and play fast, hard hitting football. Ensworth will know they were in a battle when 00:00 is on the clock.

As far as your peaking question...........at the end of the year is the best time for sure. Starting out fast mean nothing if you don't finish. Hot team at the end of the year is always a good thing.

I agree with you milo and 86 peaking from here on out is the way to go. The 06 and 07 Championship teams finished strong and ran thru the playoffs. But i don't know if this is the year for this team to make that run. milo i agree that there is A LOT OF TALENT on this team but they have got to put the whole package together in the next few games to make that run. And we all know that the offense is still subject to tank another one at any given time.

mrdonkey ALL GAMES MATTER THIS SEASON due to the new playoff system we are now under, the whole thing is very confusing. When it was initially announced it was said that teams with a 6 team district would get 3 spots in the playoffs, but your overall record could dictate that the district only gets 2 or as many as 4 teams. go check the instructional video at www.tssaa.org

Has anyone heard if the tailback for Ensworth is playing this week? Heard he was injured in last weeks game, but didn't know how bad. I hope the kid gets to play heard he is the real deal, would like to see if Meadows and Garner can run him down. Bulldog fans better bring your gortex it looks like it may be another wet homecoming night.

LETS GO DOGS!!!

Having watched the webcast of the McCallie-Ensworth game, my biggest concern is -talented as Ensworth is-they can't help but get tired late in the game. They jusy don't have enough bodies with only 210 males in the high school. Too many guys have to go both ways. Smyrna is tough, has a good defense, and will have many more fresh players to sub. I think this may be very close, or a loss for EHS, as much as I love 'em.

the webcast can be found at www.ensworthlive.com. I think it'll be closer than people think. Ensworth has a strong running game, but when they face a big strong line against Oakland the rushing game was slowed down and they eventually had to turn to their passing game. However, the passing game this week will be hampered by the fact that EHS's best WR, Jacob Carter, is out. Not to mention the fact that the homecoming turn out for the smyrna could create a hostile situation for a somewhat unsuspecting tiger team. I think EHS will pull it 21-17