South Pittsburg vs. Central

powerp

According to the latest AP Polls...looks like we are now playing the #10 Class 4A team in the state!! The stakes just keep getting higher!!!

Now wait a minute young un. According to my book Murphy does not list Central in the top ten 4A teams. They sound like they are getting better and according to my book have 19 starters back this season. My book says they have a Robinson boy that is 6-2 220 that plays linebacker. Murphy says that he made all region as a linebacker so he will be a good one. Does anyone know if he is kin to the Robinson boys at South Pittsburg? My book says they have alot of big ole boys like 220, 270, 245 and 275 pounds. That is over 1000 pounds of big ole boys trying to knock a hole in the SP defense. Those boys at SP better not get too cocky this week or we might just get beat. These boys at SP dont need to know what some of you are saying on here. They better not listen to it. My book sounds like Central will be good so SP better be ready.

Put down that useless book and read the newspaper, it's more current!! and also, if I am still a young un, you must be pretty dang old!!! :popcorneater:

I do not need no book or paper to tell me how good South Pittsburg is. I have seen it with my own eyes when Cascade tried to play them. And no I am not from Signal Mountain. I was so impressed I think I want to move my kids just to play football or a Job at VolksWagon would help also. There will be no one that will get in their way this year. 2009 State Champs.

SP 52 -0 (They READY)

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not need no book or paper to tell me how good South Pittsburg is. I have seen it with my own eyes when Cascade tried to play them. And no I am not from Signal Mountain. I was so impressed I think I want to move my kids just to play football or a Job at VolksWagon would help also. There will be no one that will get in their way this year. 2009 State Champs.

SP 52 -0 (They READY)

SE09, Old Pirate says come on over. Figure Yous won't be the only dad to ever feel thata way. The Pirates do have a rep and the SP folkes really support them fellers. Recon the SP folkes like to see a good ear holing as much as a TD. The Pirates last game against them city fellers from SM the Pirates really came together as a rockem-sockem-ear holing bunch of youngons. Right proud of them fellers for doing such a great job. Least ways thats how OP sees it. The Pirates have showed 4 teams that have perfected the art of ear holing. OP says yous might want to sees how the middle school has done and the youth leagues. SP youngons start to learn early how to play the game. :popcorneater:

I think this is going to be a good game I will just tell you. Let me ask you something. Isnt Central the big school that looks like a dome? I heard this game was on television does anyone no if it is? I was reading in my Murphy Fair book and it says Central has not made the playoffs since 2003 against Maryville. With a 4-0 record this year they should end that streak. I predict a good game but my SP fellers will win the game by 14 points. Im telling you though that Central has some big ole boys that are going to give SP trouble so SP better be ready. I was watching the channel 3 last night and they were talking about this game. That runner #11 looked real good on tv last night but Grider will have the boys ready.

Defense wins championships and that is one thing that the pirates have for certain! Our offense is clicking right now and we look very good...I expect this to be a 2 td game a half with SP pulling away in the second half...Like I said in my first post on here...Sp hates the color purple so they will be all over Central Friday Night!

All right now Pirate fans. Am I the only one that thinks ya'll are gettin just a wee bit cocky? This game still has to be played. See ya Friday night!

That is just how we are...We are confident in our team and we back them...They play with Swagger on Friday nights and we get on here during the week and encourage them and talk them up...I just do not think that Central will be much of a problem...Boyd by far is the Pirates biggest obstacle...but that is a few weeks away and we have to concentrate on Fridays game!

All right now Pirate fans. Am I the only one that thinks ya'll are gettin just a wee bit cocky? This game still has to be played. See ya Friday night!

Old Pirate says some of these here SP fellers found them rose colored glasses round the Pitt area last year after them Jasper folkes threw them down on the way out the gate. Recon theys still a wearing them alls the time. OP says the Pirates do have a right powerful amount of pride. Exspect theys would be confident theys were going to win against anybody. Now that is the difference that SP has that most teams really struggle with. Each game and opponant is jest another rung on the ladder and another opportunity to compete. Figure theys do most of the times. You city fokes have a hard time understanding the closeness the small SP community has with the football team. Anyhows OP figures you will have respect for the Pirates whether they win or lose FryDay nite. They will bring it for sure.

Old Pirate says some of these here SP fellers found them rose colored glasses round the Pitt area last year after them Jasper folkes threw them down on the way out the gate. Recon theys still a wearing them alls the time. OP says the Pirates do have a right powerful amount of pride. Exspect theys would be confident theys were going to win against anybody. Now that is the difference that SP has that most teams really struggle with. Each game and opponant is jest another rung on the ladder and another opportunity to compete. Figure theys do most of the times. You city fokes have a hard time understanding the closeness the small SP community has with the football team. Anyhows OP figures you will have respect for the Pirates whether they win or lose FryDay nite. They will bring it for sure.

Well put Old Pirate...Well Put :D

Why has people stopped talking about this game. I was watching tv last night and they said it was the game of the week. According to the news Central is going to be missing one of the players for the game. I was looking at my book and Central has alot of games left that they can win. I hope they dont beat SP but wish them luck the rest of the year. The final score will be South Pittsburg 35 and Central 14.