Union City @ TCA

tcaee

Sounds like TCA made the adjustments they needed and by them scoring before half to make it 14 to 21....that to me was the turning point.

This was just like the Huntingdon game for the exception of turnovers. Union City KILLED themselves last night with turnovers and where they were.

You can see really good when one of Union City main starters is out how much of a difference that makes. We also found out that we can't defend the best of a passing game...wjich most of us knew but had to throw a bluff.

Union City should be ok but if we do not protect the ball any better.....may be a few more "L" on our side than the "W".

Our kids played hard but then again...another player hurt last night in Price. So now we have Price, Nicks, Worley and Parker that are hurt.

You deal with what you have and I thought TCA took Union City out of their game plan on both sides of the ball.

One other thing that was VERY important.....field conditions. The field was muddy by halftime and couldn't make our cuts.

Regroup and move forward Union City....The season is just half over.

Good job TCA....

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Union City... you will def have to find some kind of passing game (defensive and offensive) to win. Your kids played hard all the way to the finish though, but it just seemed like in the second half that TCA's defense knew exactly where you were going.

As far as the field, I think it held up rather nicely considering, that was the 8th game in 8 days all played in the rain... vs. Middleton last friday, JV game on Monday, 5th and 6th grade game, 2 middle school JV, Two middle school varisty games and last night.

I heard on the radio about one game that you could not distinguish at one game who was who.

Jw big swo, has the union city coach considered adapting some screen passes into your offense? The way you guys run blocked that just seems the way to go in my opinion. Especially with the big playmakers and threats you have in the open field. Even if the quarterback isn't great at passing the ball, it seemed to me tonight that he's smart enough to make a short pass game work when you need it.

Thanks for asking tcaee. Yes we do in fact, and we , The fans, were frustrated because there were several of those type plays we didnt attempt. Espcially in the 2nd half when you guys were crowding the line and stopping the run. By the way, That is something no one else has done. My son is #4 he had a great game blocking and on defense as well. There were only 4 passing attempts the whole game. We should have worked in a few more of those in the 1st half to give your coaching staff a lil more to think about. Im at a loss over some of the clock managment and play calls late in the game. Turnovers and penalties plus the great adjustments your caoching staff made was our downfall. We were withiout some key players( josh Nicks the main threat} but graet teams find a way to win when they are down. You guys did. WE DID NOT. Congrats to you guys! Good luck.

A quick refresher on ucdiditagain's posts about this game:

• I'm telling you folks....TCA hasn't played a old school football team/style like Union City.

• Can't stop it....watch it!!!

• I don't think TCA has been hit in the mouth like what will happen tonight..

• Union City By ?????? Several

Hey Bob..... You are a jerk! :shock: I noticed that your post are always negative and condescending. Just wanted to let you know that BUD.