Huntindon @ Camden

mustangs5305

A new feeling for Camden? Are you kidding? Have you been under a rock for the past three seasons? Huntingdon is a little bump on the road to State, get over yourself. Camden has the speed, the skill, the passing game, the defense and the determination. This Lions team will give you all you want and more. See you friday night. :blink:

and when was the last time Camden went to state? have they ever? i would love to know the answer to that question.

State??? Are u serious? Camden? has never happened and won't this year either. Will be a good game friday night. Stangs will get the win in the end.

i wouldn't underestimate the Mustangs. we will come prepared. see you friday night as well :D

Go Mustangs!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A new feeling for Camden? Are you kidding? Have you been under a rock for the past three seasons? Huntingdon is a little bump on the road to State, get over yourself. Camden has the speed, the skill, the passing game, the defense and the determination. This Lions team will give you all you want and more. See you friday night. :flower:

and when was the last time Camden went to state? have they ever? i would love to know the answer to that question.

i wouldn't underestimate the Mustangs. we will come prepared. see you friday night as well B)

Go Mustangs!

I'm pretty sure there's not a kid on Huntingdon's team that's been on a championship team right? None on Camden either so that's even. But there are kids on Huntingdon that have been beaten by the Lions for the past three years so I would hold the "We are (were) the Champs!" speeches to a minimum if I were you. Makes you sound desperate. dry.gif

If I could make a suggestion: There look to be about 3 or 4 comments on this board that look to be from players, coming from both sides. It's fairly easy to tell. Just leave the commentary to the old farts and worry about practice this week. Nothing will be won, lost, or proven on this message board.

Best of luck to all of you on the field Friday night.

As this game draws closer...the chatter seems to be on the increase backed by more emotion and biase than actual facts. Yes..this game will be the most closely contested this weekend ...but i think there are some real concerns in both camps! The Mustangs obviously have a game changer at running back...we all know that...but..the real key is on the opposite side of the ball. Huntingdon has given up twice the points that Camden has in 4 games this season...yes..I realize both teams have played 5 games..but come on...are we really counting Bruceton?? Huntingdon has allowed 108 points to Camden's 49. While Swenson coached teams are fun to watch on offense...Kevin Ward coached teams are tough and physical! I can't promise that Camden can match the speed of the Mustangs ...but Huntingdon will wear down physically from the pounding Camden will administor up front on both sides. Many West Tennesseans are extremely proud that Huntingdon is back on the rise...West TN football is just better when the Stangs are better...however..those who think these are the '03, '04, or '05 Mustangs are sadly mistaken.

On another note..games such as this are so important at this point of the season as to gauge where each team stands as far as quality competition is concerned. How do you respond when your team is backed in a corner? Who can you count on in key situations? Neither team will face competition like this with the exception of 1 district game as the season winds down....Huntingdon goes to McKenzie...and Camden hosts Creekwood. Good Luck to both...I would love to see this one...i can't guarantee a score...but I can guarantee it will be much more exciting than the massacre I will be watching in C'ville!

I go along with you on some of this. Camden is probably better on defense and i'm sure they are physical. But being physical usually comes with physically superior athletes which Camden has had the last few years. On the offensive side of the ball the Camden attack is finesse while Huntingdons is smash mouth. So we get back to what I said before. This one comes down to a physical Camden Defense vs argueably the most physical offense in west tn of Huntingdon. Should be great.

I picked up that the game is at Camden but what time is kickoff?

kick off is at 7 30. ill be there bout 6 45 to get a seat !!!

I'm not from Camden or Huntingdon but i don't think even i could sit through this one! Should be a good one! I would like to see the rain hold off but thats part of it both teams have to play in it! Good luck to both teams!! :popcorneater:

I'm not from Camden or Huntingdon but i don't think even i could sit through this one! Should be a good one! I would like to see the rain hold off but thats part of it both teams have to play in it! Good luck to both teams!!

Me either but sounds like this would be a good one to see. I know I'd be there if I didn't have prior obligations at a game that won't be so great.

As this game draws closer...the chatter seems to be on the increase backed by more emotion and biase than actual facts. Yes..this game will be the most closely contested this weekend ...but i think there are some real concerns in both camps! The Mustangs obviously have a game changer at running back...we all know that...but..the real key is on the opposite side of the ball. Huntingdon has given up twice the points that Camden has in 4 games this season...yes..I realize both teams have played 5 games..but come on...are we really counting Bruceton?? Huntingdon has allowed 108 points to Camden's 49. While Swenson coached teams are fun to watch on offense...Kevin Ward coached teams are tough and physical! I can't promise that Camden can match the speed of the Mustangs ...but Huntingdon will wear down physically from the pounding Camden will administor up front on both sides. Many West Tennesseans are extremely proud that Huntingdon is back on the rise...West TN football is just better when the Stangs are better...however..those who think these are the '03, '04, or '05 Mustangs are sadly mistaken.

On another note..games such as this are so important at this point of the season as to gauge where each team stands as far as quality competition is concerned. How do you respond when your team is backed in a corner? Who can you count on in key situations? Neither team will face competition like this with the exception of 1 district game as the season winds down....Huntingdon goes to McKenzie...and Camden hosts Creekwood. Good Luck to both...I would love to see this one...i can't guarantee a score...but I can guarantee it will be much more exciting than the massacre I will be watching in C'ville!

I go along with you on some of this. Camden is probably better on defense and i'm sure they are physical. But being physical usually comes with physically superior athletes which Camden has had the last few years. On the offensive side of the ball the Camden attack is finesse while Huntingdons is smash mouth. So we get back to what I said before. This one comes down to a physical Camden Defense vs argueably the most physical offense in west tn of Huntingdon. Should be great.

Good post...and I agree with many of the things that you say...that indeed it shoud be a great game. However...Camden has never really seemed finesse to me on offense..of course we generally only see them in 2 qtr. games or JV & freshman games..but the are always well disciplined and physical. Huntingdon seems to always have a quick ball carrier, they seldom throw it down the field, and they always have a head hunter at linebacker...but "Most physical offense in West TN.....interesting!!!....doubt it ....but interesting!!