WHITE HOUSE @ BEECH (THURS NIGHT)

LARRYBIRD33

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Easily" made a 38 yard field goal kicking from a swamp......? Are you kidding me? Don't kid yourself into thinking that was going to be an easy kick.

Porter's initial argument was that they had gotten a first down, which they clearly did not, or at least they should have measured. It was definitely third down when the ball was spiked. I went back and watcehd the replay from my dvr when I got home. Second he argued about the clock. As for the clock, had the roles been reversed and the game had been played at WH, the Beech fans would be complaining that they let the clock run out. Clock keeping in football is an inexact science at best. It's always has been that way and always will.

WH is a very good 4A team and Beech is a pretty good 5A team. This one ended about the way I thought it would. If these two played 10 times, all ten would be about like this with both teams winning their share.

Bottom line...don't you love high school football???!!!

I have no dog in this......But wanted to comment on what a great game this was to watch. This is one of those games you hate to see anyone lose, but wanted to say that the players played with exceptional class during the whole game. I watched players helping each other up from both sides. There was no one acting like the game was about them.....no chest thumping etc. Both teams showed so much class......good lesson for others to learn from....Sportmanship...just plain nice to see. I hated to see it end with questions.....but it doesn't take away from the game the players play. I know the debate will go on about the ending.....but don't let it take away from the class these two teams showed!

Very good game.

In regards to officiating, the losing team is never happy with officiating if it's a close game. However, this game was not won or lost by one call. I was at the game, so was not able to see in replays. With that said, why did there seem to be a couple of questionable calls in regards to late hits on the WH qb and the Beech qb seemed to be getting hit just as late and continually picking himself up of the field, with no flags? There was a late hit called on an incomplete 3rd and 22 play, that set up the last WH score. Not real sure about that, but again I didn't get to see any replays.

In regards to going for two, I think the decision may have been based a little on Dixon not playing the last couple of series. Just a thought...

The other question I have is why are the WH fans always thumping their chests on here, talking about how good they are... 3-2 with those three wins coming from what I believe to be sub-par teams. I'm sure there will be some excuses made, but the facts are what they are. I'm certain there will be a lot of what ifs, again they are what they are. White house has lost two games to teams that are very young. I know I know, they are 5A programs. WH will win it's share of remaining games and do well, but they are certainly not a POWER.

To eers: Speak of young teams, do you realize that most of the line on White House saw very little play time last year? Do you know that we were playing without 4 of our linemen last night? Two of those linemen are out for the rest of the year due to injuries on the field - unsure when the other two will be back. White House lost a lot last year. I believe that someone said that our QB had not thrown in a game to any of the receivers this year that we were starting at 0. White House has a very young team. Many sophomores and some freshman have seen play due to injuries and having to regroup the team.

White House gets on here and thumps their chest because we are very proud of our team. We are proud of who they are both on and off the field. We are proud of what our coaches teach our players and we are passionate about White House football.

I know Beech is proud of their team, and should be. I know Station Camp is proud of their team, and should be. Most Sumner County teams are because they play with passion and their parents back them 100%.

It was one of those games. I disagree with whoever said that the clock is disputable - time is time. Those refs should have made sure that the downmarker was correct. Isn't that what one of the refs gets paid for? Isn't that his job? If it were at White House and the shoe were on the other foot and the roles were reversed, Beech would be claiming that it was home cooking by White House - am I correct? I am NOT saying it is home cooking by Beech. I AM saying that TSSAA refs do not know what they are doing. I don't mind telling them that myself. Matter of fact, I think I just might do that.

Blue Devil Fan - always have been - always will be.

As I stated previously, the losing team will always complain. I agree that with roles reversed, someone would complain.

As far as young, WH is young in some regards, but have several starters that are seniors and some that have been starters or at least sharing time for the last few years. The line is young, but QB and RB have been there for some time and will be very hard to replace. #6 is a very good player and has been a key part of this team for some time as well.

As an outsider looking in, the talent is there to win, but it appears that some on the team don't hold the program in as high of regard as the community. Is there a lack of leadership? The winner of next week's game with Goodpasture will win what appears to be a very week region. They should win a playoff game, but I don't believe this will live up to the preseason expectations, with Greenwade and Dixon returning from a team that went deep last year.

WH is a "good" team, with a few really good players,but as a team they are far from great...

To eers: Speak of young teams, do you realize that most of the line on White House saw very little play time last year? Do you know that we were playing without 4 of our linemen last night? Two of those linemen are out for the rest of the year due to injuries on the field - unsure when the other two will be back. White House lost a lot last year. I believe that someone said that our QB had not thrown in a game to any of the receivers this year that we were starting at 0. White House has a very young team. Many sophomores and some freshman have seen play due to injuries and having to regroup the team.

White House gets on here and thumps their chest because we are very proud of our team. We are proud of who they are both on and off the field. We are proud of what our coaches teach our players and we are passionate about White House football.

I know Beech is proud of their team, and should be. I know Station Camp is proud of their team, and should be. Most Sumner County teams are because they play with passion and their parents back them 100%.

It was one of those games. I disagree with whoever said that the clock is disputable - time is time. Those refs should have made sure that the downmarker was correct. Isn't that what one of the refs gets paid for? Isn't that his job? If it were at White House and the shoe were on the other foot and the roles were reversed, Beech would be claiming that it was home cooking by White House - am I correct? I am NOT saying it is home cooking by Beech. I AM saying that TSSAA refs do not know what they are doing. I don't mind telling them that myself. Matter of fact, I think I just might do that.

Blue Devil Fan - always have been - always will be.

Please explain to me where the downmarker being incorrect played into the controversy at the end of the game. In watching the replay of the end, (as I stated in an earlier post) the play where they attempted to spike it was third down, the refs said the clock ran out...game over. We can debate whether it actually did or not, but I don't see what difference the downmarker made.

I agree. Downmarker, scoreboard, no relevance. Time, you can debate, but there is no replay in HS FB and that becomes a mute point as well.

I hate that there was question at the end of the game, as it was a good game to watch.

It was a little closer than I thought it was going to be and I disagree with going for two in the situation that was presented. I feel that in doing so, you are telling your team we can't win in overtime. I know you can debate that you are telling them that you believe they can get the conversion to win. However, I hate to see it some to that... Tough decision, I just disagree with it.

I agree. Downmarker, scoreboard, no relevance. Time, you can debate, but there is no replay in HS FB and that becomes a mute point as well.

I hate that there was question at the end of the game, as it was a good game to watch.

It was a little closer than I thought it was going to be and I disagree with going for two in the situation that was presented. I feel that in doing so, you are telling your team we can't win in overtime. I know you can debate that you are telling them that you believe they can get the conversion to win. However, I hate to see it some to that... Tough decision, I just disagree with it.

Kick the extra point at home, go for the win on the road.... Strategy used by many coaches. Too easy to 2nd guess....If we make it, he is a hero...

It was nice to see WH finally getting the passing (catching) game going. I don't believe people fully understand how much talent WH lost off of last years team, it was loaded at the skill positions 2 or 3 deep. The receivers on this team are inexperienced and it looks like they started to step up last night. Trox is an incredible talent and I'd like to see him finish out the year playing at the same level as he did last night, which is dependent upon the guys continuing to make catches on balls that are catchable.

WH has lost 2 games now because of special teams, which is usually a strength of a bluedevil football team. I think there was a second left and it was 3rd down and they should have got one more shot. However, I'm sure the coaching staff would be the 1st to tell you the game was not lost on that call but rather mistakes made on special teams cost them a 2nd game this season. There is still a lot of football left and I think this group has an opportunity to step up and play with a little more desire and finish strong. I'm sure the coaches will continue to work on special teams and get some of this worked out as the season goes on.

Beech played a great game last night and made big plays and that is what it takes to win. It was a fun game to watch and both teams represented their school and community well.