WHITE HOUSE @ BEECH (THURS NIGHT)

LARRYBIRD33

Who knows why? Scoreboard said one thing and sideline said another apparently? Who knows? Refs walked off with no explanation. Beech players walked off and left their coach on the field. Who can explain?

Slimshady - you seem to know it all - why don't you tell us what happened so the rest of us will know. Thanks.

You don't go by the scoreboard...you go by the down marker. I thought Greenwade spiked the ball with 1 second left. If it was 4th down...it's moot. It it was 3rd down WH got ripped.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure that when you go back and watch the film...it was 4th down when the ball was spiked. The mistake was made by NOT KICKING THE EXTRA POINT! How stupid was that?

I don't think it was stupid. A lot of teams will go for 2 especially on the road. Your great sideline heckling former coach did the very same thing just about every time.

Understand all that, why did refs walk off the field with no explanation. Shouldn't the scoreboard read the same. They reset clock if the time is off, shouldn't the downs match? Any school could try to screw the opponent by putting whatever down they want to up there. Correct? Should not have relied on that one play - I know that. But....refs should step up and do what they get paid to do. Two players for WH were put out last week because of chopblocks against Greenbrier. No calls. Happened more than twice - same two players. Refs didn't lose this one for WH but I still question. It was a good game and we still have improvements to make before next week.

Who knows why? Scoreboard said one thing and sideline said another apparently? Who knows? Refs walked off with no explanation. Beech players walked off and left their coach on the field. Who can explain?

Slimshady - you seem to know it all - why don't you tell us what happened so the rest of us will know. Thanks.

You don't go by the scoreboard...you go by the down marker. I thought Greenwade spiked the ball with 1 second left. If it was 4th down...it's moot. It it was 3rd down WH got ripped.

Understand all that, why did refs walk off the field with no explanation. Shouldn't the scoreboard read the same. They reset clock if the time is off, shouldn't the downs match? Any school could try to screw the opponent by putting whatever down they want to up there. Correct? Should not have relied on that one play - I know that. But....refs should step up and do what they get paid to do. Two players for WH were put out last week because of chopblocks against Greenbrier. No calls. Happened more than twice - same two players. Refs didn't lose this one for WH but I still question. It was a good game and we still have improvements to make before next week.

On my TV I coulda swore i saw the officials point Coach Porter to the down marker, while he was pointing at the scoreboard.

The referee held up the ball. That signals that the clock ran out. I don't think he even checked to see what down it was. It could be that one of the other officials told him it was 4th down after the fact.

They did have a fairly long discussion before he held the ball up again signalling game over.

As for the scoreboard thing...it happens all the time. You don't pay attention to the scoreboard.

The referee held up the ball. That signals that the clock ran out. I don't think he even checked to see what down it was. It could be that one of the other officials told him it was 4th down after the fact.

They did have a fairly long discussion before he held the ball up again signalling game over.

As for the scoreboard thing...it happens all the time. You don't pay attention to the scoreboard.

Twan should know he's a referee....in KY.

Solve that problem - just don't have a scoreboard - no time - no score - no nothing. Sorry - just a little bitter against TSSAA ref's right now and it has nothing to do with this game.

Nah...that's just in Trousdale County. Their scoreboard goes out in every big game. :thumb:

The down marker is what counts.

Twan should know he's a referee....in KY.

Yep...and I can't wait 'til Cheatin' County comes back up next year. I'll be waiting. :thumb:

I may be wrong, so someone feel free to correct me.

After White House got the onside kick. The first down play was thrown down field and pass interference was called. That moved the ball to the 30 yard line. Then their was incompletion. Then the 9 yard completion when White House ran up and spiked the ball with 1 second left. I may of left out a play as I was falling in and out while trying to stay up and watch it.