Dobyns Bennett vs Sullivan South

BatmanDB

Reading some of this stuff is hilarious. What happened in the past doesn't matter Friday night. What happened with Boone doesn't matter Friday night...I will deviate here...at Boone South was emotionally drained. What they didn't lose emotionally during the week after the West game, they left on the field vs. Greeneville. They had nothing left, hence all the mistakes and miscues but regardless they found a way. They were down 21-7 and scored two straight TD's. I thought it funny the Boone coach said they had South but he never admitted it was his coaching guffaws that cost his team the game. They got up and he panicked...and that is SSouth....better coaching. If your team keeps it close, he will still win by outcoaching you...

This is a rivalry and what is on paper doesn't matter.

South has to run the FB. I hadn't heard about #7 playing but if he does, he cannot carry the ball 30 times. There has to be more production from the tailback position than 3.9 YPC. In a way, DB can defend the pass and dare South to beat them running. #12 hasn't really carried the ball much but he has two long runs so he can beat you. He is a good athlete but his playing QB hurts the receiving corps.

DB needs to play good field position. They need to take advantage of SS weak kicking game. #10 is a great linebacker but average punter. If DB can back up South, field the punts they can win the field position game. With that said I like #26 for SS kicking field goals.

DB needs to eliminate the big plays from South. SS has had plays of 78, 63, 58, 40, plus FUM returns and INT return. South likes the big play...

#33 for South and #10 will need big games and I am not forgetting #56. They need to break Sensabaugh down and make Roop beat them. DB hasn't had a decent passer since Burton's senior year. If they can break down Sensabaugh and put pressure on Roop....the DB O may not score. SS has 8 or so sacks this year.

I think South can win a couple of ways...but they lived on the big play last year and are living on it this year...DB has to eliminate them. DB has to keep the South O off the field and win the field position battle. They have to make South impatient and make a young QB starting his 3rd game make bad decisions. If South can run the ball and then mix it up....and then pop a few big plays which is the MO, it will be a long night for DB...

I am guessing here....the ticket to ride is South 28 DB 7

Finally! Somebody that can talk REAL football. His first post and the best info post on the board. If we can talk football instead of teepee burning and Rebel flag burning I might come back. Clinton...what a joke.

Clinton a joke? You just proved what an absolute idiot you are again. The Clinton QB would kill South's defense. You don't have a clue because you did'nt see this team play. They've got an outstanding runningback also. Hey , that QB is not being recruited so greatly for his Academics. I can promise you this, South has never(yes never) seen a QB as good as him. Yes not even Phillips. Your a joke dude. When you actually learn something about real football and talent i will listen. DB 21 South 17. Write it down. The streak continues. Roll Tribe Roll...................

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DBfan91 i agree with you that he is one of the best QB this area has seen i along time but curt is a better over all QB bc of his choices to throw to. clintons QB was fast realy fast and he could do watever he wanted because he had to speed to make up for it plus he has a better overall team then curt had not trying to make any souths fans mad its just the truth

Reading some of this stuff is hilarious. What happened in the past doesn't matter Friday night. What happened with Boone doesn't matter Friday night...I will deviate here...at Boone South was emotionally drained. What they didn't lose emotionally during the week after the West game, they left on the field vs. Greeneville. They had nothing left, hence all the mistakes and miscues but regardless they found a way. They were down 21-7 and scored two straight TD's. I thought it funny the Boone coach said they had South but he never admitted it was his coaching guffaws that cost his team the game. They got up and he panicked...and that is SSouth....better coaching. If your team keeps it close, he will still win by outcoaching you...

South has to run the FB. I hadn't heard about #7 playing but if he does, he cannot carry the ball 30 times. There has to be more production from the tailback position than 3.9 YPC. In a way, DB can defend the pass and dare South to beat them running. #12 hasn't really carried the ball much but he has two long runs so he can beat you. He is a good athlete but his playing QB hurts the receiving corps.

DB needs to play good field position. They need to take advantage of SS weak kicking game. #10 is a great linebacker but average punter. If DB can back up South, field the punts they can win the field position game. With that said I like #26 for SS kicking field goals.

DB needs to eliminate the big plays from South. SS has had plays of 78, 63, 58, 40, plus FUM returns and INT return. South likes the big play...

#33 for South and #10 will need big games and I am not forgetting #56. They need to break Sensabaugh down and make Roop beat them. DB hasn't had a decent passer since Burton's senior year. If they can break down Sensabaugh and put pressure on Roop....the DB O may not score. SS has 8 or so sacks this year.

I think South can win a couple of ways...but they lived on the big play last year and are living on it this year...DB has to eliminate them. DB has to keep the South O off the field and win the field position battle. They have to make South impatient and make a young QB starting his 3rd game make bad decisions. If South can run the ball and then mix it up....and then pop a few big plays which is the MO, it will be a long night for DB...

Great post Ticket to Ride...I think we need to get the running game going...thats not been there so far..besides St.Claire,and he want be available friday night by the way.With St.Claire out that takes away our running from the QB position..I know Heath had two long runs against Central but...get real..a middle school player could run on them.Our running backs are going to have to step up..We don't have a Taylor Fletcher at Rb this year..well we might but!!!!thats another story. I think DB can beat us on our special team play alone.If it comes down to special team play...well DB wins.I say Derrick will return a kickoff for a TD maybe two if we kick to him.And Seabolt will be rotating with Roop at QB.Seabolt is a great athlete that can cause us some problems.Look for DB to pass alot and from what I hear look for some tricks, at this point Graham has nothing to lose and he will pull all of his tricks out of his hat. I hope that I'm wrong but I think this game is going to be alot closer than some South people can swallow. I hope we put up 60 points...but I just don't have a good feeling with St. Claire being out.PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG REBELS!!!!!! Roll Rebel Nation!!!!!! :lol::thumb:

Finally! Somebody that can talk REAL football. His first post and the best info post on the board. If we can talk football instead of teepee burning and Rebel flag burning I might come back. Clinton...what a joke.

Clinton a joke? You just proved what an absolute idiot you are again. The Clinton QB would kill South's defense. You don't have a clue because you did'nt see this team play. They've got an outstanding runningback also. Hey , that QB is not being recruited so greatly for his Academics. I can promise you this, South has never(yes never) seen a QB as good as him. Yes not even Phillips. Your a joke dude. When you actually learn something about real football and talent i will listen. DB 21 South 17. Write it down. The streak continues. Roll Tribe Roll...................

Earl Nall rates Clinton 3 pts. under South, 9 points better than D-B. What did they beat you guys by? Oh yea 8 wasn't it? Pretty close. Maybe you are a good judge of talent but when I watch athletes compete I consider who they are competing against before I judge how good they are. Maybe, just maybe , your vaunted, undersized defense made him look better than he was.

I like your confidence in your team but I worry about your post-game emotional health. :thumb:

You should agree, you wrote all this crap. Nobody and I mean nobody writes 12 inches of garbage the way you do...its obvious.

[

Earl Nall rates Clinton 3 pts. under South, 9 points better than D-B. What did they beat you guys by? Oh yea 8 wasn't it? Pretty close. Maybe you are a good judge of talent but when I watch athletes compete I consider who they are competing against before I judge how good they are. Maybe, just maybe , your vaunted, undersized defense made him look better than he was.

I like your confidence in your team but I worry about your post-game emotional health. :thumb:

You always say it so well Crawdad. But more importantly can you confirm RebelRednecks break on the St. I mean RebelRed would probably be as in the know as anyone but I gotta' here it twice for it to really sink in. I know I said 8 weeks minimum but then I was told it wasn't that bad. In spite of Heath's expertice that still changes the game.

This is my prediction 2 days early. If Graham changes his whole game plan, throws everything at South even confuses the home crowd on play calling South 28-13 (missing 1 extra pt) If what a friend said was true today, if GC told a certain sports writer he was going to cut out all the complicated stuff, and go back to the basics, then South 42-13. Our problem will not be on offense, our secondary is giving a 15yrd cushion. Most middle schools could move the ball on our dbs for a while. If you cant throw on them, you're in trouble down the road.

South has the better team this yr. With South turnovers= close for 2 qtrs, without = could get ugly. We simply dont have the horses to run with the Rebs this yr, but every 15 yrs or so I can take it , they deserve it. Dang that hurt.

Great post Ticket to Ride...I think we need to get the running game going...thats not been there so far..besides St.Claire,and he want be available friday night by the way.With St.Claire out that takes away our running from the QB position..I know Heath had two long runs against Central but...get real..a middle school player could run on them.Our running backs are going to have to step up..We don't have a Taylor Fletcher at Rb this year..well we might but!!!!thats another story. I think DB can beat us on our special team play alone.If it comes down to special team play...well DB wins.I say Derrick will return a kickoff for a TD maybe two if we kick to him.And Seabolt will be rotating with Roop at QB.Seabolt is a great athlete that can cause us some problems.Look for DB to pass alot and from what I hear look for some tricks, at this point Graham has nothing to lose and he will pull all of his tricks out of his hat. I hope that I'm wrong but I think this game is going to be alot closer than some South people can swallow. I hope we put up 60 points...but I just don't have a good feeling with St. Claire being out.PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG REBELS!!!!!! Roll Rebel Nation!!!!!! :lol::thumb:

This post concerns me rrn. I hope you aren't regretting the decision that you guys made. Patience is a virtue.