Dobyns Bennett vs Sullivan South

BatmanDB

My point exactly CAP1. At least CSC used CP. He used him all the way to a full ride at Wisconsin and I'm betting UT wished they had gone at him a bit harder. Stubbs should do the same with Shepard...

TTR, Shephard is currently the best RB in the conference with his sidekick Talman at #2. But neither has the resilience that CP had. Next time we see an athlete with stones like his you can bet Kiffin won't allow him to leave the state.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey comp,

Just to stir things in good fun, ya reckon the freshly painted "Tribe" on your Pactolus powerplant will effect anything? :roflol:

Thats an old school fire up technic..we've used it many times, againt you, Oakridge etc. yea it works, but we didnt do it i promise. If we were 5-0 i'd say h--l yea we did it.

I can't take this crap. I mean just when it looks like you're about to start to circle the wagons you wanna' smoke the peace pipe and admit that we might be pretty good this year. I'm sorry, I've got my mason jar and none to soon. Honkylips, 91, homeyd...I mean I've been carrying my gun all week and now you want to bond? What's the neighborhood coming to? I can't get Josef Throp, Cody Sensabaugh, Andrew Pappas out of my head. 2006...I watched you play THS and they took you to the wire in the first quarter. Then the talent kicked in. They had you...I mean they had you then in the second quarter...I don't know...Josef Throp turned into the Devil himself. By halftime it was bad and at the end of the 3rd it was nasty. You had so much talent that year...it was all over the field. We so wanted to know what that was like. And now I feel bad for you. And I hate myself for allowing that. It's like you are Densel Washington in Training Day. You would leave us for dead like he did his partner in East LA and we would expect it and now after so many years we got you at the stop light with Uzzis' all around and nobody can pull the trigger. What's up? Yall ain't supposed to be weak. It ain't right! We desirve to see your beeotch arse cry and suffer and struggle and beg for no more the way we've had to do. And now you gonna' say truce! Yall win, erbydy knows yall got the goods. Just chill and get ready for Tennessee High. BS! Why so next year we get to hear you say, "Hay you should've put it on us when you had the chance!" Hunt ugh! I say burn em'...burn em' and every last one of em'...'cause they'd burn us and wouldn't even think twice about it. Then sit down and have supper while we burned right beside em'...all the while making jokes about us and our flag. Nope, I don't buy it. Scalp em' the way they would scalp us. They'd burn our houses down and steal our animals. I say bury them. Alive...dead...it don't matter! When you got the hammer...then hammer down!

Run it up coach! Run it up! Leave no Doubt! In the Valley of Death...we are...The Rebel Nation.

Are you off your meds or something? Eat it up fellas like you're walking that Green Mile and its your last supper, 'cause for most of you with kids playin, they're kids will be playin the next time this happens (hows that Comp?) now that gives you reason to fire back. Come on lets get it for the next 24 hrs anyway. You're pretty hard core yourself, and still on here after the son has graduated, me too..and I'll be on here when my next one goes through D-B. Been thrown off twice back in the day, cause i lost my head on here and got really bent outta shape! haha..BUT most wont be on here only the hardcore fans...I can mention names,but wont, cause at my age, I can only fight one at a time.

So the next hit's yours. ..thats what its all about. :roflol:

Well, all I got left is a female roundballer who will be around for a bit. She played on the Gridiron and the Diamond back in the day. She is relegated to the Track and the hardwood now and has the flat out speed her brother did not have. Now if she can just get his Hades bent for forever attitude we will be in business.

But one thing all who know me on here know is that I'm all for the proliferation of NET. We've come a long ways in 4 years in all classifications. We are finally getting some good coaches. All I truly want is for us all to emulate the tradition of the Tribe. You should be proud that we are trying to live up to your measure.

As far as medication...well we got yours! If you saw "Saving Private Ryan" then remember the scene in the bell tower...Sshhhh...go to sleep little one...sshhh, go to sleep... :flower:

Hey comp,

Just to stir things in good fun, ya reckon the freshly painted "Tribe" on your Pactolus powerplant will effect anything? :roflol:

Thats an old school fire up technic..we've used it many times, againt you, Oakridge etc. yea it works, but we didnt do it i promise. If we were 5-0 i'd say h--l yea we did it.

HONKYLIPS,

Not sure what technique you are referring to. Plus, I seriously doubt you have "used it many times" against me :flower: , as I am not from the TRI area originally and do not have an loyalty to any school. I also assure you, as I don't like hearing this kind of cr*p from either side, and not being on either side, the new paint is certainly there my friend. And if it says "TRIBE" and the Southers are p*ssed about it, who do you really think came over and added the paint scheme change? See, I work with some South faithful and I do hear how much they put into their field and paint as a group throughout the year. in all honesty, they do not have the masive funds that your city programs have. But we all know that. IF you are saying the paint is self inflicted, do you really think the Rebels need that motivation. Nah. I'm sure it was just some city youngins that didn't have their thinking caps on tight. It's happened both ways before, in different ways. At the end of the day, not a huge deal as it will be painted over I'm sure, but I assure you it will add fuel to the fire. Had it happened to the new DB fieldhouse or J. Fred's pressbox, don't you think it would fire up the Indians? Of course. It is... what it is.

My point exactly CAP1. At least CSC used CP. He used him all the way to a full ride at Wisconsin and I'm betting UT wished they had gone at him a bit harder. Stubbs should do the same with Shepard...

Couldn’t agree with you more...and I was thinking the same thing at the very beginning of the season!! But the way our OC has used the play book based on our opponents strengths and/or weaknesses… not just Shepard, but at least two more seniors all have the potential to sign mid-major to D1!! Harmon has silenced all speculation and has a legitimate shot if he can get the looks at this point. And Talman's size and speed alone will get him looks if he has the opportunity to shine a little. Sending a player D1, and having him not only play but graduate will be a BIG feather in Stacy’s hat as far as I’m concerned.

Wouldn’t that have been a thriller… Tebow against Phillips in what would have been (IMO) a thriller had Curt gone to the Vols. Had the current coach been in place at UT, I think we would have seen CP in the orange and white… what you think?

Couldn’t agree with you more...and I was thinking the same thing at the very beginning of the season!! But the way our OC has used the play book based on our opponents strengths and/or weaknesses… not just Shepard, but at least two more seniors all have the potential to sign mid-major to D1!! Harmon has silenced all speculation and has a legitimate shot if he can get the looks at this point. And Talman's size and speed alone will get him looks if he has the opportunity to shine a little. Sending a player D1, and having him not only play but graduate will be a BIG feather in Stacy’s hat as far as I’m concerned.

Wouldn’t that have been a thriller… Tebow against Phillips in what would have been (IMO) a thriller had Curt gone to the Vols. Had the current coach been in place at UT, I think we would have seen CP in the orange and white… what you think?

No Cap, IMO, Kiffin wouldn't even look twice at Curt. Not his style. Curt made the correct choice both from a football and academic point.

I hear that Black Devil Train is leaving Greeneville this evening after the fog rolls in. It'll be making it's way up to the train station in Kingsport. It should roll in quietly but the stench will wafte all the way up the river tomorrow night. That Black Devil Crowe mixed with the vomit from Greenevillians makes for a taste hard whiskey nor sweetwater can wash away. Woe be unto the inheritors of this raging black delicacy. Only Touchdowns can apply the brakes to this inhuman machine...and only Touchdowns can fuel the fire to send it on up the tracks! Heath Haden...your quest is upon you. :roflol:

Looking forward to this one. Thought I'd toss in a few random thoughts and observations as I have seen both teams this year and am not a Homer or a Playa Daddy:

First I want to address the rebel poster (cant recall his name here) that said something like the South players arent taking DB seriously or think they are going to win easily. (said something like that - you know what I mean). You're nuts. Those Rebels were there the night at J. Fred for the Indian war party. They know. I guarantee you they are not overlooking DB, nor even thinking about a 1-4 record. All that is out the window.

I also guarantee you both teams have done their homework and have done plenty of "scouting". The South staff is certainly an Offensively thinking squad with former QB Carter at the helm. DB's strength, IMHO, is Watson and Christian with the line play. We'll all miss Watson when he retires.

I am looking forward to see how both defensive backfields adapt. DB needs to change something, but cannot play the South receivers tight on the line. Without cushion, way too much quickness in Zenoni (sp?) and burner speed in Waterson (sp?). Not sure how DB can cover the spread from what I have witnessed so far this year. The South defensive backfield has been all jumbled up so far this season due to injuries, so past game film may be of little use at this point. Depends on who is out there.

The DB running game is very interesting. Not sure anyone will have continued success vs South's D-line and LBs. Chris will test them. As far as the South backs go, B. Taylor is due to bust out and has showed signs of flash when he runs north and south. He does have a bit of a history with this city group, as he attended middle school there. Phillips brings another look to rb when he comes in. After these two, there seems to be a good drop off in speed at RB with the underclassmen. Same for DB. I havent seen much, SO FAR, after Chris.

At QB, I actually thought Haden did a good job of deciding when to tuck and run in the two games I have seen him play in. He was a little off to start the Gate City game, but got more accurate as the night went on. I had never seen him before that night in VA. Wow, he throws a pretty ball. I don't think the VA Blue fans sitting around me had ever seen the ball actually in the air either. No clue if St. Clair will be back. The Rebs are better overall with St. Clair at QB and Haden giving them a third big play WR option. As far as DB's QB goes, my gut tells me that Roop may not want to run the ball so much. I hope all us adults can back off of him a little though, regardless of how he does on a Friday night. Just a kid.

I also hope, after this is said and done, regardless of who wins, Coach Clark backs off on all the little cute quotes to the media. It's tolerable when you are 5-0, but at 1-4... well...

I also want to tell the South poster whe stated something to the effect that South was going to establish itself as the top team in the area for years to come. Well, my friend, hate to tell you, you could be off a bit. I get to catch allot of games in the TRI, and IMHO, after this extrodinary Rebel class leaves (along with 4 or 5 great classes before them), I look for the Rebs to drop off a bit. Don't get me wrong, I think they'll be good next season. They just won't achieve this level of success. They'll drop a few next season. Then the following season, we will all get the opportunity to see how good the coaching is on Pactolus, as they'll dip in talent somewhat. But, just my opinion. So, relating this paragraph to this year's DB at South game.... Rebels, you better get 'em this year and enjoy it.

Oh, by the way, I had a coworker (a South dad) just pass along to me that someone (assumed and most likely from DB) painted a bunch of DB stuff on the visitor's side and on the press box last night. Wow, that's throwing gas on the fire there. Not good.

One last note, Tennessee High is quietly waiting on both the Indians and the Rebels. Expecting a couple more classics later in the season. I wish there were more of me so I could see more that one game on Fridays! But you can't clone pudding.

Pudding, you get the "Best Post of the Thread" award. :roflol: everything you just said is true. Some of it painfully so.

I'm with you Cap1. That sure would have been cool seeing Curt in Orange and White. No clue about Kiffin and QB recruting...yet. If Curt was there though, the Vols would have been able to play offense with 11 players on Saturdays, instead of playing with only 10.

Pudding, you get the "Best Post of the Thread" award. :flower: everything you just said is true. Some of it painfully so.

VolMan - Thanks. Sometimes we all get lucky I guess. It certainly does help not having the influence of being a parent or being die-hard fan. I agree with (some) of comp's comments. I confess I am confused on the black train thing. But, I detect a desire there for all of NET to rise to the consistent competiveness and success level as other areas of the state. I'm with you on that one. I'd love to see a couple of NET teams in the championship game every year. Maybe a 5A and a 3A this year (you know who you are).

By the way Volman, just wondering since CP was brought up with Cap and comp, which Rebs are getting looks for athletics at the next level? comp? On the DB side, I gotta believe Chris will have opportunities, although I think I would try him at LB in college. :roflol: