CAK vs Sequoyah

FootballDad

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CAK by however many they want it to be.

Nice compliment, but CAK must stay focused. Honestly, the Warriors starting 11 on both sides are pretty good, but several players are banged up, and they were already thin to begin the season. So thin that we can't play a JV schedule and we don't have a freshman team. I'm sure Sequoyah will get on the bus and come to the game. :wacko: They may even snicker when they see our little guys trott out onto the field. I'm sure CAK will have to earn their respect before Sequoyah concedes anything. I hope the Warriors realize that and come out and play like they are capable.

Defensively, Sequoyah will face a college style passing attack that is difficult to defend. Rainy weather may slow the air attack some, but rain normally only has a minimal effect on CAK's pass attack unless it's one of those "frog chokers". Offensively, the Chiefs will face a small to average size defense that is very quick and persues the ball very well. The DB's aren't getting many chances to make plays because the DL & LB's have been very active & effective. When teams have chosen to pass the Warriors have been lurking, as they already have 3 pick 6's to their credit this year.

This game should go in CAK's favor, but this is high school football with teenagers out on the field, so anything could happen. :roflol:

nice stuff footballdad. As long as CAK comes out focused and ready to take care of buisness, they should be fine. If the starters are ready to play then they'll hopefully dominate the first half and then the younger guys will get the playing time that they havnt had since we've had no jv games. But the starters hafta take care of buisness to begin with. Lets not have a USC type game.

Hey Folks,

After the off week (in which we needed in a bad way), the Chiefs are looking for alot of positives coming out of this game, before heading into more district play. Been battling the injury bug a bit down this way also. The Warriors beat a good Loudon team last week (dont let Loudons record fool ya folks), we know we are going to have to fight for every inch and look forward to the challenge. Havent been to CAK, you folks got some good fixins up there or should we stop and grab something before we get there?

Hey Folks,

After the off week (in which we needed in a bad way), the Chiefs are looking for alot of positives coming out of this game, before heading into more district play. Been battling the injury bug a bit down this way also. The Warriors beat a good Loudon team last week (dont let Loudons record fool ya folks), we know we are going to have to fight for every inch and look forward to the challenge. Havent been to CAK, you folks got some good fixins up there or should we stop and grab something before we get there?

I wasn't thrilled that we had to move up to 3A this year (just 400 students at CAK), but its interesting getting to see new teams that we haven't faced before. :D Like Sequoyah, we are battling the injury bug as well. I believe you will observe a CAK team that is small to average in size but quick. The offense will be a no huddle, "air raid" style with a sprinkling of runs to add flavor. Very good passing team, efficient & effective on the limited number of running plays we use. Defensively, we are solid. The entire unit persues & gang tackles very well. This unit plays much bigger than they are. The Warrior kicking game has been very good as displayed last week with 4 of 5 kick offs landing in the end zone, a 46 yd field goal that had plenty of room to spare, and nice punting with good coverage.

Hopefully you will find Warrior Stadium cozy (its not big) and the people friendly. One unique aspect of the stadium is that our elementary playground is right behind the visitors bleachers, so any little brothers or sisters making the trip that don't want to watch the game will have a very nice time swinging and sliding. We just added a new field house, so we have nice locker rooms, restrooms, and a newly expanded concession stand. Parking is not so good, but not terrible. Come hungry, we do have some good food. Freshly grilled hamburgers and hot dogs, boneless BQ chicken wings (Warrior Wings), pizza, popcorn, candy, and homemade desserts like bananna pudding & strawberry shortcake. :blink:

Tell us about Sequoyah.

CAK will be able to play a lot of 2nd team and 3rd team players.

CAK 49

Sequoyah 0

A score like that would indicate that the Warriors are remaining focused and still improving. It would also indicate that our 2nd & 3rd team players are pretty good. Only problem with that is CAK doesn't have enough players to have a 3rd team :flower: Especially with platooning. Our second team already looks like a freshman team, age wise, and a middle school team, size wise. Now Alcoa, ya'll probably have a 4 deep depth chart B)

I don't think the score will be like your prediction, but I do expect CAK to win. You know we will be passing right up til the end of the game, because that is our offense, regardless of if we're winning or losing.

CAK will be able to play a lot of 2nd team and 3rd team players.

CAK 49

Sequoyah 0

I know nothing about Sequoyah so I can't speak to how difficult of an opponent they will prove to be, but it's very hard to score that many points, regardless of the competition, with the mercy rule. In addition, the Warriors have several starters that I don't expect to play. It remains to be seen if the guys that step in for them can step up and prove to be ready to play at the same level, which is asking alot IMO, as the injured guys are outstanding. #16, Howell has shown in the last couple of weeks that he is ready to contribute in a big way as a freshman. #7 Scott, and #11 Richie also appear to be ready to play. Still, for a pass oriented team like CAK, having 2 WR starters out with injuries is significant. I do think that WR may be the deepest position on the team. I think #3 Pardue and #5 Murchinson have alot of ability too and I hope they see substantial PT this week.

Hey Folks,

We look forward to hosting the Chiefs this week. Footballdad summed it up well. I will tell you that IMO the concessions are outstanding. The honey BBQ "Warrior Wings" are great, and the homemade grilled burgers are as good as I've had at any stadium. The home made desserts are fabulous if you've got a sweet tooth! The stadium, while small, is a fabulous atmosphere. The kids love the first class playground, and the parents can feel comfortable sending them there as it is enclosed and fenced off from the parking areas and directly adjacent to the visitors section. The playing field is one of the best in East TN, and handles the rain well. I do hope we have a dry night Friday as it makes for a much more enjoyable night for the fans. Will the Chiefs bring a pretty good crowd? Tell us a little about the Chief's style of play.

The chiefs are struggling Offensively this year. We lost a good portion of our offense to graduation. We are very young and not very big. Defensively we are solid against the run. I think your passing attack will give us problems. Good luck chiefs play hard and see how things turn out.

We will bring a medium size croud!

We certainly understand "young and not very big" around here. Almost everyone we play is bigger, deeper and more experienced. While that's usually not a good combination, you can overcome those things if you catch a few breaks, have at least a few really good football players, and are coached well. We are excited to see Sequoyah, yet another "new" team on our schedule this year.

A medium crowd to you may seem like a big crowd to us. Bring'em by the bus load, and bring'em hungry :popcorneater: Have a safe trip :popcorneater: