Cumberland Gap vs. Gibbs

veerman8133

The panthers are coming off two straight losses. Gibbs is coming off of two overtime losses. Both teams are looking to right the ship come friday. CG looked like they played harder this past friday, but there are still way too many mental errors and busts going on. The offense looked as if it was really going to start clicking and then a drop here and a missed block there and wham...it's like it died. Defensively, they looked a lot better. But it seemed like everytime they had the chance, West Greene would convert a 3rd down or CG would give up a big play because of a missed assignment or poor angle or whatever the case may be. Gibbs from what ive read or heard can be very explosive with their flexbone attack. Missed assignments this week and they're gone...no ifs ands or buts about it. CG has got to have better 2nd qtrs and 2nd halves. I don't know what the answer is, but Im sure the CG staff will have them ready to play on friday. CG gets the chance to play a pretty good 4a team out of knoxville. A win here would be good exposure for them. If our defense holds and the offense gets something going, i think CG can pull out the win. If not, then it could be a long night for the panthers. Best of luck Panthers...keep on keeping on boys...good things are bound to happen for you eventually! :roflol:

CG - 21

Gibbs - 14

Possibly in overtime!!!!

Let's get things goin CG!!!!!! :thumb:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please no more overtime! Gibbs is a 5-0 team with a 3-2 record. Gotta get the ball in the hands of the right people when it counts,even when the opponent expects it. Aint nothing wrong with winning right up the middle. GIVE IT TO HIBBETT!!Great game last week War Eagles!!! I said it before, there is no quit in this bunch! Gibbs by 20.

Grace handled CG without too much difficulty in a summer scrimmage. Grace beat Gibbs, but in overtime. Therefore, I believe Gibbs gets this one. Flawed logic, but the only info I have to go by. :blink:

Summer scrimmages mean absolutely nothing at this time of year. CG better know that they better bring it or they will get blown out. I heard the Gibbs/GP game was a barnburner. Didn't get over til after midnight??? Wow. I just hope the Panthers canfind it in themselves to play a complete game Friday. Someone said above the Gibbs was tough in the 4th qtr. That worries me because the panthers have struggled toward the end of games. Youth...lack of depth...i dont know...but whatever it is...i hope they can get it fixed and in a hurry. I still got a lot of faith and hope in the boys though and believe they can pull off an upset win this week against a good Gibbs team! :D

CG - 21

Gibbs - 14

I hope not overtime either!!! :D

The claiborne gibbs game was one heck of a game... if this game comes down to the wire like that it will be worth the price of admission. grainger game... not so much... and i hear that all the games that gibbs has played have been close. if they will put 4 quarters together they will be REAL hard to take down. i think gibbs comes ready to play and will pull away in the third quarter... just a prediction... 35-14 gibbs...

pray for no rain delays or ot in this game.... predict Gibbs to win 42 -14... after last weeks loss probably some changes going to be made in Eagles offense.Not sure about #8's leadership skills not impressed with his attitude when he got pulled out after a very rough 1st half.... #5 is a smooth qb (definitely better than a 3rd string qb) can be a big threat cause he has good arm & great legs to run it.. I think the Eagles will come out charged up and ready to win another game before 3rd quarter that way it doesn't go into OT.. but you have to admit you definitely get your $$$'s worth when you go to their games. :mrgreen:

Well obviously i hope you are wrong!! I'm hoping that the panthers can get their offense charged up to where it was the first two weeks of the season. They were rollin! Then everything started going south. Very inconsistent. The word i'm hearing is that there are several players with the flu or flu-like symptoms. Can anyone tell me if that is true? If it is...gasp...just another bad break for CG! But anyway back to the game...if CG can get their o rollin and their d to step up, i truly believe they can pull out this win at home against Gibbs. Like you bigmomma...im hoping no rain too!!! It should be a fun week and can't wait to see Gibbs come to the Panther's Den. I'm really liking this new schedule...getting to see teams we aren't used to seeing. Makes things a lot more fun. It'll be even more fun if we win!! Hope you guys from Gibbs have a safe trip up and we are looking forward to having you. Look for a hard hitting fast paced game! Go Panthers!!!! :ph34r:

CG - 21

Gibbs - 14