Morristown West v.s Morristown East?

number10

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one remembers. Who are leonard's losers?

Not so many years ago, Late '70's early '80's, Leonard had a weekly article in the local papers, I believe he was out of Kingsport. Instead of "predicting" the winners of each contest, he would list who was going to lose and by how much. It was different and usually well written from what I can remember, I guess it was just a twist on the normal prognostications and he did it with flair. Everyone couldn't wait for the paper to come out just to read his amusing opinions... sort of like reading some of the funny things written on here. SO......Leonards Losers----West by 7.

Not so many years ago, Late '70's early '80's, Leonard had a weekly article in the local papers, I believe he was out of Kingsport. Instead of "predicting" the winners of each contest, he would list who was going to lose and by how much. It was different and usually well written from what I can remember, I guess it was just a twist on the normal prognostications and he did it with flair. Everyone couldn't wait for the paper to come out just to read his amusing opinions... sort of like reading some of the funny things written on here. SO......Leonards Losers----West by 7.

I like it.

Let me take a shot at one...Leonard's Losers---ShadeTreeCoaches, by any measurable unit of success in life.

And enough already with the phrase 'beast from the east.' East is 2-8 in the last ten years of this game.

East will not score 35 points in this game. Period!

Trust me, this will not be a high scoring game.

West 24, East 14

Big daddy, if I may call you that, What exactly would you classify as a "high scoring game" ? 24 points is not "high scoring"? How about 25? 26? 27? what? You stated that East would not score 35 points, Period. Well my good man, may I please inform you that, just like your opinion on what a high scoring game is, your opinion on East's ability to score is at best questionable. Now with that said, East may not score 35 points tonight, but I will say that they will be ready to play. After listening to Tee and Coach Hatcher on T.V. last night...West had better be ready also. :lol:

Mr.T, what on earth did I say to invoke such wrath from a man of your caliber? You asked a simple question and I gave you a simple answer. Then you turn around and attack me personally? I'm astonished and possibly even hurt by this unwarrented attack. OMG, I don't know if I'll ever be able to show my face in this town again. Oh, wait,...are you still upset about last year? I tried to tell you that the tide was changing but you wouldn't listen. Oh BTW, just FYI, I have 3 wonderful children in college, a good paying, steady job,and fairly good health. If thats not being successful in your opinion maybe you need to grow up a little and quit living your life through teenagers on a football field.

Mr.T, what on earth did I say to invoke such wrath from a man of your caliber? You asked a simple question and I gave you a simple answer. Then you turn around and attack me personally? I'm astonished and possibly even hurt by this unwarrented attack. OMG, I don't know if I'll ever be able to show my face in this town again. Oh, wait,...are you still upset about last year? I tried to tell you that the tide was changing but you wouldn't listen. Oh BTW, just FYI, I have 3 wonderful children in college, a good paying, steady job,and fairly good health. If thats not being successful in your opinion maybe you need to grow up a little and quit living your life through teenagers on a football field.

Ha, I love it. No, not upset about last year. I would rather West had won, obviously. It would be easier to be obnoxious then. And you are right, kids and jobs are measurable units of success. Spelling ability, also. But two out of three isn't bad.

How will you show your face in this town again? In Morristown? I assume you'll just show your face the same way you always do: hidden by the cloth cow costume you wear as you advertise Chik-Fil-A on the sidewalk on AJ highway. An enviable position, particularly in this economy.

Lets just hope that there are no serious injuries and that both teams will play up to their potential so that West has no excuses when they get beat AGAIN by the Beast from East... Go Canes.

Ah, don't get offended. Quote above is from his first post on this thread. He starts out by implying that West supporters make excuses, and that West's football team will lose to East's tonight. And we're supposed to be polite?

Now don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of the guy. People need to know about Chik-Fil-A; he's doing the Lord's work. Great milkshakes.

Lets just hope that there are no serious injuries and that both teams will play up to their potential so that West has no excuses when they get beat AGAIN by the Beast from East... Go Canes.

Ah, don't get offended. Quote above is from his first post on this thread. He starts out by implying that West supporters make excuses, and that West's football will lose to East's tonight. And we're supposed to be polite?

Now don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of the guy. People need to know about Chik-Fil-A; he's doing the Lord's work. Great milkshakes.

Great ice cream too. :lol:

So ready for this game.

The tempature is soooooo good outside,it's football weather!

Maybe a little rain, but hey the field will be fine.

I hope Tee Howell is fine and ready to go, pretty nice guy.

Good luck to East.

BUT.....

My good friends and former teammates at West got my support 100%!

If there was one game I could come back for, it be tonights!

I see this has one of the better East/West games in awhile.

Anyone out there got any great classic East/West game favorites???

Mine has to be East vs West 2006, not the play-off game, but the regular season game.

Alot stands out in my mind from that great game.

How will you show your face in this town again? In Morristown? I assume you'll just show your face the same way you always do: hidden by the cloth cow costume you wear as you advertise Chik-Fil-A on the sidewalk on AJ highway. An enviable position, particularly in this economy.

Mr. T...dude if you only knew...rofl :roll: Actually, if you will go back and look at some of the old copies of the Citizen Tribune, you will see a very nice article about the Chik-Fil-A cow and how he is the number 1 mascot in Morristown. And yes I remember it very well because, you see, when the article was written, it was my SON doing that job. And just so you know, he'll have his bachelors degree in computer engineering and electronic technology before he turns 21. So the next time you look at that cow on the side of AJ highway, just think to yourself about how much smarter than you he really is, and he makes people happy. We should all be that lucky. Go Canes.

Ah, don't get offended. Quote above is from his first post on this thread. He starts out by implying that West supporters make excuses, and that West's football will lose to East's tonight. And we're supposed to be polite?

Lord forbid that I try to be biased towards East and at the same time get under someone's skin. Maybe I should have been like one of those people that just says stuff like, "may the best team win", or "as long as its a good game", or, never mind you get the idea...now that just wouldn't be me now would it... BUT, you have to agree... you are a little more fired up about tonights game now. :roll:

Hey 72 hope to talk to you soon. Good luck tonight if I don't get to see ya.