Halls - 22

Greenfield - 49

South Fulton - 37

Lake County - 64

Peabody - 33

Humboldt - 60

Bradford - 45

Finals

I don't mean to sound like a butt and certainly mean no disrespect to the Bradford program! What has happen to the Lady Red Devils? Taking nothing from the Lady Vikings it really is not a surprise that they beat Bradford! I agree with several posts that Humboldt is a very dangerous and is capable of pulling a upset any night! But it seems like the Lady Devils have just fell apart! I hope they can get it togather before tourament time! Good Luck!! :roflolk:

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What has happened to the Lady Devils is that they only have 1 player that can score, Molly Wallsmith. Teams have learned that, and if you put your best defensive player on her, you can hold her down. The other ones cannot score very much. Also, they dont have a bench. Once you get past the starting five, things get slim...fast. They are really missing Jasmine Morgan who moved to Jackson. If she'd have still been on the team, they would've been a whole lot better.

Come tournament time, you'd better still come ready to play them. They will still bite you if you dont come ready to play.

Well, on another note....someone please tell me how everything finished...or has it finished. Greenfield just has a non district game with Dresden left on the schedule. How did everyone finish from 1 to 8?

Bigster, Trenton is playing without Harper44 right now. I'm almost sure that was her sitting on the bench at Greenfield the other night with her ankle wrapped, and with crutches by her side. If that is her, then Trenton is not playing at full strength. I wonder if she'll be back for the district tourney?

I don't mean to sound like a butt and certainly mean no disrespect to the Bradford program! What has happen to the Lady Red Devils? Taking nothing from the Lady Vikings it really is not a surprise that they beat Bradford! I agree with several posts that Humboldt is a very dangerous and is capable of pulling a upset any night! But it seems like the Lady Devils have just fell apart! I hope they can get it togather before tourament time! Good Luck!! :roflolk:IT IS A LACK OF BALANCE SCORING. LAST NIGHT COMBS LEAD SCORING WITH 16, THEN BRATTON WITH 14. WALSMITH HAD A OFF NIGHT WITH 9 AND STREET HAD 1. I SAID IT WHEN BRADFORD WAS BEATING THE TOP TEAMS AT THE START OF THE SEASON, YOU NEED BALANCE SCORING. THE BRADFORD D-FENSE IS DOWN A LITTLE. THEY ARE ALLOWING MORE POINTS NOW. AFTER LAKE CO. CAME FROM BEHIND TO WIN AT LAKE CO. THIS TEAM HAS NOT BEEN THE SAME. THEY STILL HAVE TIME TO GET IT TOGETHER, BUT TIME IS RUNNING OUT. :geek::geek::D

I don't mean to sound like a butt and certainly mean no disrespect to the Bradford program! What has happen to the Lady Red Devils? Taking nothing from the Lady Vikings it really is not a surprise that they beat Bradford! I agree with several posts that Humboldt is a very dangerous and is capable of pulling a upset any night! But it seems like the Lady Devils have just fell apart! I hope they can get it togather before tourament time! Good Luck!! :roflolk:IT IS A LACK OF BALANCE SCORING. LAST NIGHT COMBS LEAD SCORING WITH 16, THEN BRATTON WITH 14. WALSMITH HAD A OFF NIGHT WITH 9 AND STREET HAD 1. I SAID IT WHEN BRADFORD WAS BEATING THE TOP TEAMS AT THE START OF THE SEASON, YOU NEED BALANCE SCORING. THE BRADFORD D-FENSE IS DOWN A LITTLE. THEY ARE ALLOWING MORE POINTS NOW. AFTER LAKE CO. CAME FROM BEHIND TO WIN AT LAKE CO. THIS TEAM HAS NOT BEEN THE SAME. THEY STILL HAVE TIME TO GET IT TOGETHER, BUT TIME IS RUNNING OUT. :geek::geek::D

On any given night........I hope you get drawn for the LC side of the district...it could be a rough ride

What has happened to the Lady Devils is that they only have 1 player that can score, Molly Wallsmith. Teams have learned that, and if you put your best defensive player on her, you can hold her down. The other ones cannot score very much. Also, they dont have a bench. Once you get past the starting five, things get slim...fast. They are really missing Jasmine Morgan who moved to Jackson. If she'd have still been on the team, they would've been a whole lot better.BRADFORD HAS OTHER SCORERS. COMBS AND STREET CAN PUT UP 15 TO 20 POINTS ON ANY GIVEN NIGHT. BRATTON CAN ALSO SCORE 12 TO 15 ON ANY GIVEN NIGHT. THE PROBLEM IS THE GIRLS DO NOT ALWAYS TAKE THE OPEN SHOT. WALSMITH HAS BEEN IN A SLUMP OF LATE, BUT SHE WILL COME OUT OF IT. AND IF AND WHEN SHE DOES BRADFORD COULD BE HARD TO HANDLE IF WALSMITH, COMBS, STREET, AND BRATTON ARE WORKING AS A TEAM. WALSMITH AND COMBS ARE BOTH AVERAGING DOUBLE FIGURES IN SCORING. STREET AND BRATTON ARE NOT FAR BEHIND. IF THEY CAN ALL GET GOING AT ONCE THEY ARE TOUGH. RIGHT NOW IF WALSMITH LEADS IN SCORING COMBS SCORES LITTLE, WHEN COMBS LEADS IN SCORING WALSMITH SCORES LITTLE. :roflolk::geek::geek:

On any given night........I hope you get drawn for the LC side of the district...it could be a rough ride

THE LAKE CO. SIDE IS WERE ALL TEAMS SHOULD WANT TO BE. TO BE THE BEST YOU MUST BEAT THE BEST. HOPING TO PLAY A TEAM LATER IS A TEAM WITH FEAR. IF YOU ARE A GOOD TEAM THEN IT WILL SHOW. IF NOT YOU ARE GOING HOME ANYWAY. WHY DELAY IT. :roflolk::geek::geek:

What has happened to the Lady Devils is that they only have 1 player that can score, Molly Wallsmith. Teams have learned that, and if you put your best defensive player on her, you can hold her down. The other ones cannot score very much. Also, they dont have a bench. Once you get past the starting five, things get slim...fast. They are really missing Jasmine Morgan who moved to Jackson. If she'd have still been on the team, they would've been a whole lot better.

Come tournament time, you'd better still come ready to play them. They will still bite you if you dont come ready to play.

Well, on another note....someone please tell me how everything finished...or has it finished. Greenfield just has a non district game with Dresden left on the schedule. How did everyone finish from 1 to 8?

Bigster, Trenton is playing without Harper44 right now. I'm almost sure that was her sitting on the bench at Greenfield the other night with her ankle wrapped, and with crutches by her side. If that is her, then Trenton is not playing at full strength. I wonder if she'll be back for the district tourney?

Volfan..She may not have played against Greenfield but she started last night and played just about the whole game..I had my eye right on her..She came out late in the 3rd quarter I believe because she picked up her 4th foul..But I was watching for her because was familiar with her name on here..And yes..She was #44..Trenton just had no answer for Carnation Hart last night and Mariah Matthews in the second half..Harper is a very good player as is # 10 for Trenton.!

I agree with you about Bradford..They can bite you at any time..Just hope they dont bite us tomorrow night..You ask about how things have shaped up..I didnt realize yall were through..Right now then..Lake Co is the number 1 seed but if Bradford beats Lake Co Monday night ,then Greenfield and Lake Co would tie for 1st place with a coin toss deciding the number 1 seed..So if it ended tonight..Lake Co would play Halls at Tiptonville..Greenfield would play South Fulton at Greenfield...Humboldt would play Union City at Humboldt..and Trenton would play Bradford but not sure yet about the site..It may come down to how Bradford does against Lake Co and could end up in a coin toss..Then Lake Co-Halls winner would have Trenton-Bradford in the semifinals while the Greenfield-South Fulton winner would play Humboldt-Union City winner at Trenton.!So really..Not much difference in Lake Co or Greenfield finishing 1st or 2nd..Both teams will be pretty heavy favorites in the first game..And if things go to form..would depend on whether yall had rather play Humboldt or Trenton or Bradford..Probably not a lot of difference but Trenton would have their home gym and fans.!

Humboldt,Trenton and Bradford could bite both Lake Co. and Greenfield come tournament time..Since the Greenfield win.Lake Co has looked very good..Have beaten the last 4 teams,Dyersburg,Union City,South Fulton and Trenton by 30 points and since Christmas..Greenfield is the only team to stay within single digits..I just hope it keeps on going good..Never know on that 1 certain night !

I meant to say I hope you DON'T get drawn for the LC side. LC is the favorite from this Region...the 2nd best team is yet to be determined. Gleason will probably fall early due to their regular season schedule..once region play begins. The 3 of the top 4 teams in the region are in 14A---the 4th team and the Gleason team are a toss up.

I meant to say I hope you DON'T get drawn for the LC side. LC is the favorite from this Region.I KNOW YOU DID. WHAT I WAS SAYING IS YOU NEED TO PLAY THE GOOD TEAMS FIRST. IF YOU ARE A GOOD TEAM YOU NEED TO TAKE OUT THE BETTER TEAMS AS SOON AS YOU CAN. NOT SAYING BRADFORD WILL WIN A GAME, JUST SAYING THEY NEED TO STEP UP OR STEP OFF. WHEN THEY WORK AS A TEAM THEY ARE SOLID, WHEN THEY DON'T ANYONE CAN BEAT THEM. BEST OF LUCK TO ALL 14A TEAMS. I HOPE ONE OF THE 14A TEAMS BRINGS THE GOLD BALL BACK TO WEST TN. :thumb::D:D

Volfan..She may not have played against Greenfield but she started last night and played just about the whole game..I had my eye right on her..She came out late in the 3rd quarter I believe because she picked up her 4th foul..But I was watching for her because was familiar with her name on here..And yes..She was #44..Trenton just had no answer for Carnation Hart last night and Mariah Matthews in the second half..Harper is a very good player as is # 10 for Trenton.!

I agree with you about Bradford..They can bite you at any time..Just hope they dont bite us tomorrow night..You ask about how things have shaped up..I didnt realize yall were through..Right now then..Lake Co is the number 1 seed but if Bradford beats Lake Co Monday night ,then Greenfield and Lake Co would tie for 1st place with a coin toss deciding the number 1 seed..So if it ended tonight..Lake Co would play Halls at Tiptonville..Greenfield would play South Fulton at Greenfield...Humboldt would play Union City at Humboldt..and Trenton would play Bradford but not sure yet about the site..It may come down to how Bradford does against Lake Co and could end up in a coin toss..Then Lake Co-Halls winner would have Trenton-Bradford in the semifinals while the Greenfield-South Fulton winner would play Humboldt-Union City winner at Trenton.!So really..Not much difference in Lake Co or Greenfield finishing 1st or 2nd..Both teams will be pretty heavy favorites in the first game..And if things go to form..would depend on whether yall had rather play Humboldt or Trenton or Bradford..Probably not a lot of difference but Trenton would have their home gym and fans.!

I did not play against Greenfield, because of a one-game suspension...the girl with her ankle wrapped was our other starting post player besides me. Im healthy 100%. We will be ready when tournament time gets here. Thanks for the compliment Bigster.

I did not play against Greenfield, because of a one-game suspension...the girl with her ankle wrapped was our other starting post player besides me. Im healthy 100%. We will be ready when tournament time gets here. Thanks for the compliment Bigster.

You're welcome and it was really meant..I think you have a lot of talent as well as #10..And Trenton is liable to bite somebody in the tournament..Good luck in the tournament as far as you individually...lol..!