DRAMALESS DISTRICT 7 AAA

riverdaleman

Rd, did I hear that k-8 or k-12 has been changed this year and from now on its K-5 and 6-8 for lower grades. If thats so, school Districts all over the state should adopt. Ummm, that should stir things up.

dont quite understand your question or statement but yes next year there will no longer ben an elementary league in Rutherford County. With the opening of Oakland Middle School and Whitworth-Buchanan next year the middle school leafue is going to get even more competitive and I think Rutherford COunty has the "POTENTIAL" to be the second best high school basketball area in the state. before anyone jumps down my throat remember I said potential

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IC, with that being said, and I see the potential, I hope there are enough good trained officials to go around. These young kids have been watching the development of the older ones and things likely will move faster than you think in every area. Also great leaders to coach the kids. The one valid point by the frustrated "Chic" is that all of the HS in the Boro are large and each have a lot of students. Fans, realizing this especially if they are school partisons, get very nervous from a support point of view if the schools don't seem to be competitive. They are very patient but don't want to be on the bottom and expect a great show. Administrators have got their finger on the pulse. Oaklands situation does not seem easy right now. but two years from now, you are right, it won't get better.

Let me start by saying I don't know Spurlock, but from what I hear about him is he is a compmetitor. I do know that compared to all of the girls basektball coaches who are currently in 7AAA at this time, Grandstaff is the only one to take a team to the final 4 of the state. Did she just become unable to coach? I don't think so. With this all said, I would say that Spurlock will be doing what is best for Oakland at the conclusion of this season.....just a hunch.

He has already proved he is going to do that. What is comfortable with these schools in Rutherford, there is none there that will not do the same thing. They all have a plan. Part of oakland's plan likely has to do with their Middle School and the compatability even though they are seperate. No excuse now. JG, no question,, is still a very good coach, in fact, tops but Oakland female athletics needs something but the school may be satisfied. Nothing is ever mentioned except when someone like chic shows up.

No offense Hargis, but I doubt it very seriously that any leader of a school is going to come on coach t to address changes. Hey that is what we are for. Anyone know when Blackman is going to make-up their game with Lavergne?

TJ, you are right and the subject should have never been addresssed or acknowledged. From my part the issue is an Oakland issue or a school issue as is your last question that I suppose alludes to makeup games backing up tward the end of the season. Blaze could have an idea.

There is no doubt JG is a very good coach. For some reason, they don't have the talent right now. Oakland in my opinion does not need a new girls coach unless she is the reason the talent does not come or develop there. I don't think that is the case.

I have no idea when the makeup game will be between Blackman and Lavergne as I am just a fan and have no inside connection. Blackman and Lavergne both have games scheduled on the 2nd, 5th, 9th, and 12th. Blackman on the 15th and Lavergne on the 16th. When does the district tournament start? If it doesn't start for a week after the last game then maybe it would be made up on Friday the 19th.

There is no doubt JG is a very good coach. For some reason, they don't have the talent right now. Oakland in my opinion does not need a new girls coach unless she is the reason the talent does not come or develop there. I don't think that is the case.

I have no idea when the makeup game will be between Blackman and Lavergne as I am just a fan and have no inside connection. Blackman and Lavergne both have games scheduled on the 2nd, 5th, 9th, and 12th. Blackman on the 15th and Lavergne on the 16th. When does the district tournament start? If it doesn't start for a week after the last game then maybe it would be made up on Friday the 19th.

While Oakland is not on here for an opinion, its very obvious JG is good and has a good staff but the point Chic is making its been about 4 years since Oakland has made a run at State. There has been obvious reasons given,the major being a consistant MS feeder school. Right or wrong, Oakland would have some thoughts at a later date I'm sure.

Look at the TSSAA Calendar on their site and it will give yuu the dates when Districts have to be finished. School might start Tuesday and if no more snow, a makeup game will not make any problem but more snow might be a problem. There is only one date behind but a big one.