DRAMALESS DISTRICT 7 AAA

riverdaleman

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have come to accept the fact that there is no "A" officiating crew in district 7aaa. I think there are 2 "D" crews and 1 "F" crew. We had one of the "D" crews tonight. We had the "F" crew last week in the Oakland game. Again they don't favor any team, there just real bad.

I think maybe we had the "F" crew tonight.... Seriously, are there ANY decent refs in this district? Week after week we seem to get guys that are horrible.

Their performance went downhill as the games went on tonight. They started out decent, but as the girls' game went on their calls were not consistent, and you never knew what it was going to be. I think our boys' game may have set a record for the number of "T's" that were called, and they were called on both teams. Some on players, and at least one on a coach/bench against Smyrna. The fouls were so ludicrous Smyrna's scorekeeper was even rolling his eyes cause so many had been called against LaVergne.

I'm pretty sure it was the "F" crew, absolutely horrible especially in the boy's game...I think I heard the foul count was 27 to 5 in favor of Smyrna in the second half & OT period. A "hot mess"....but back to the girl's game.

I was glad to see our girls play more agressive tonight, pretty good defense for the most part. I think we got a little complacent in the 4th after we got up by 12 & forgot Smyrna could shoot the "3 ball." They made about 4 3's in a row, which evaporated that lead rather quickly. This also gave them the momemtum but give credit to our girls who stayed composed & was able to pull out a victory. Even though the victory was by 3, this has been the best the girls have played in the last few games. I see where we can be come March and it's a matter of the girls staying mentally focus and start back playing like they were the earlier part of the season.

Way to go Lady Wolverines!

Officiating is just one of several facets of the game. In the end, it still always come down to execution. Those teams that do that will win, 100% of the time.

Wow hadn't thought of it that way :thumb: . So lets just do away with the officials and the rules of the game and let it really come down to execution. From the games in 7AAA I've seen this year there hasn't been much officiating anyway. That way the schools can save $160 a week.

Officiating is just one of several facets of the game. In the end, it still always come down to execution. Those teams that do that will win, 100% of the time.

Wow hadn't thought of it that way :roflolk: . So lets just do away with the officials and the rules of the game and let it really come down to execution. From the games in 7AAA I've seen this year there hasn't been much officiating anyway. That way the schools can save $160 a week.

You guys moan and groan about officiating, just showing you how stupid and useless it is.

Wow hadn't thought of it that way :roflolk: . So lets just do away with the officials and the rules of the game and let it really come down to execution. From the games in 7AAA I've seen this year there hasn't been much officiating anyway. That way the schools can save $160 a week.

You guys moan and groan about officiating, just showing you how stupid and useless it is.

I agree it doesn't actually do any good, just makes me feel better to vent a little and to hear that other teams are having the same issues so I know it's just us. I will disagree that the teams that execute will win 100% of the time - every team gets ripped occasionally, where they lose even though they deserved to win. Not saying that was our case tonight, but I have seen it.

JP - I'm with you. The girls did look much better tonight. Still a little slow start, but seemed to hang in there and get kicking a lot earlier in the game. They're looking more like the team we know they can be. Good job Lady Wolverines! (and good game to you too, Smyrna. Your ladies had some beautiful shots!)

It's probably much similar to your post :geek:

JP - I'm with you. The girls did look much better tonight. Still a little slow start, but seemed to hang in there and get kicking a lot earlier in the game. They're looking more like the team we know they can be. Good job Lady Wolverines! (and good game to you too, Smyrna. Your ladies had some beautiful shots!)

Yep, a little slow, but I think that was more of a turnover issue than anything... they will be ok. Quinta is getting stronger & stronger each game. This was probably her best game back. She had ice water in her vein when she stepped up and knocked those 2 free throws down. JB had a strong game on the boards & JD, Kayla & Swope knocked down some all important 3's. Steph is going to have to start using the glass around the basket, once she does that, it's going to make things a lot easier for her scoring wise.

I have come to accept the fact that there is no "A" officiating crew in district 7aaa. I think there are 2 "D" crews and 1 "F" crew. We had one of the "D" crews tonight. We had the "F" crew last week in the Oakland game. Again they don't favor any team, there just real bad.

I think maybe we had the "F" crew tonight.... Seriously, are there ANY decent refs in this district? Week after week we seem to get guys that are horrible.

Their performance went downhill as the games went on tonight. They started out decent, but as the girls' game went on their calls were not consistent, and you never knew what it was going to be. I think our boys' game may have set a record for the number of "T's" that were called, and they were called on both teams. Some on players, and at least one on a coach/bench against Smyrna. The fouls were so ludicrous Smyrna's scorekeeper was even rolling his eyes cause so many had been called against LaVergne.

To bring this in perspective, what were the reasons for the technicals. Was it players mouthing to the referee or to each other? Was it rough play? Players play, coaches take care of the officiating issues. Coaches have a right to write up anything unusual. A supervisor can observe the game. If players keep getting technicals, they can be asked to leave the game. It is the players and coaches job to adjust the play of the game the way the game is being called.

As you realize, I am totally for 7AAA having the best of everything, officials included. Coach's can help as to who is assigned. While most of the officials the past year were assigned out of Cookeville, I am un sure where the officials are assigned this year. That could be the reason.

2-09 Siegel/Riverdale@Riverdale

lavergne/oakland@lavergne

Blackman/Smyrna@Blackman

2-12 Siegel/Blackman@Siegel

lavergne/Riverdale@Riverdale

Smyrna/Oakland@oakland

1-29 Lavergne/Blackman@BlackmanCancelled to be rescheduled. rescheduled 2-15-2010(Bri)

I may have missed the reschedule date of Lavergne/Blackman but likely it will be one day this week, Wed., Thurs., or Sat, 10-11-or 13. if it has been rescheduled, someone post the date. Jazzy. Bri???

I pulled the District Tourney Schedule off of the TSSAA Web site and it is below. It is supposed to be in stone.

AAA District 7

District Tournament

Feb. 18-20, 22-23 LaVergne H.S. Gary Miller LaVergne High Schoo

AAA Region 4 Feb. 26 (G), Feb. 27 (8-) @ Higher Seed Feb. 26-27, Mar. 1-4 Shelbyville H.S. Whit Taylor Shelbyville Central High School

All sectional games for girls will be Saturday, March 6, 2010, 7:00 p.m. local time

GIRLS CHAMPIONSHIPS - MARCH 10-13

Wednesday

10:00 A.M. - Class A Quarterfinal

11:30 A.M. - Class A Quarterfinal

1:00 P.M. - Class A Quarterfinal

2:30 P.M. - Class A Quarterfinal

4:00 P.M. - Class AA Quarterfinal

5:30 P.M. - Class AA Quarterfinal

Thursday

10:00 A.M. - Class AA Quarterfinal

11:30 A.M. - Class AA Quarterfinal

1:00 P.M. - Class AAA Quarterfinal

2:30 P.M. - Class AAA Quarterfinal

4:00 P.M. - Class AAA Quarterfinal

5:30 P.M. - Class AAA Quarterfinal

Friday

10:00 A.M. - Class A Semifinal

11:30 A.M. - Class A Semifinal

1:00 P.M. - Class AA Semifinal

2:30 P.M. - Class AA Semifinal

4:00 P.M. - Class AAA Semifinal

5:30 P.M. - Class AAA Semifinal

Saturday - Championships

2:00 P.M. - Class A

4:00 P.M. - Class AA

6:00 P.M. - Class AAA

All of this was pasted off of the TSSAA Webb Site and can be found , along with a lot of other important information, on that home page. As you can see the rescheduling of Blackman/Lavergne District game may need to be done this week. It may already have been rescheduled.

Hope all do not mind. As I was doing this, I went ahead and completed the schedule thru the State since there would be questions. RDMan, if you see anything wrong, please post.