Notre Dame vs CCS game is AT Notre Dame

CHAMPDDS

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What can I say, Can I call 'em, or can I call em.... :roflol: (ND 2-CCS 1)

Kudos to ChatCannon on his keeper factor....I'll let him handle details...

D :bored:

This game was by far the best game I have seen this year. Very few shots on either side, with each team dominating possession at different parts of the game. The first Irish goal was result of the CCS keeper not maintaining angle on the near post. I am still not sure how the ball found the net. CCS goal in 2nd half was a mistake by the Irish keeper. Mishandled ball on a long cross from 35 yards equaled easy CCS goal. Second Irish goal was a brilliant cross to our star senior forward. I swear I heard the net go "swish" after her header found the back of the goal. Though both keepers made mistakes, both keepers made very difficult saves to keep their teams in the game.

i am very proud to see my girls are still a force to be reckoned with :bored: actually extremely happy. a future prediction for their next game against one another, (probably in district, and then hopefully again in regionals) i would say an overtime game with notre dame coming out on top. no score prediction though.... last time notre went into overtime with CCS it came down to PKs.

Wasn't it the last 2 times the two teams went into overtime that it went to PKs?

Both in 2005, both at CCS.

ND won districts on PKs, CCS won regionals on PKs (identical scores?).

It was 2005, and they actually met 3 times that year (like most years). CCS won 2-4 in regular season, then ND won the district on PK's, then CCS won the Region on PK's

In 2006, ND won the regular season 1-0, then Distict 4-0, (CCS lost to Sweatwater in the Regional Semis, so they didn't meet a 3rd time that year)

In 2007, they tied 0-0 in regular season, then ND won the district 1-0 over CCS, then won Regions 3-0.

In 2008, ND won regular season's game 2-0, the won District 2-0, then won Region 3-1.

Always a very competitive game... and these two teams are likely to meet again...