State 4A Payoffs

airraid09

The way that I see it so far is as follows:

District 1 - Only has Sullivan East and I don't think they will qualify. (0 qualify)

District 2 - Has 3 teams. Probably will be Greeneville and either Claiborne or Grainger if they qualify. (2 qualify)

District 3 - Has 4 teams. One of the stronger districts in the East. Will get 2 in for sure and maybe a third as a wildcard. My guess would be Fulton and either Gibbs or Carter. (2 qualify + a wild card)

District 4 - Has 2 teams and neither are very good. Flip a coin between Scott and Stone Memorial. (1 qualify)

District 5 - Only has Sequoyah and they probably won't qualify. (0 qualify)

District 6 - Has 6 teams and three will qualify automatically. My guess would be Red Bank, Chat. Central and either Brainard or East Ridge. (3 qualify + a wild card)

District 7 - Has only Notre Dame and they should qualify if they win one more district game. (1 qualify)

District 8 - Has 2 teams. Livingston should qualify and Dekalb might. (1 qualify + maybe 1 more)

I'm looking at roughly 12 to 13 teams that would make the playoffs from the east.

:thumb:

Looking at the AA Districts across the state; it looks like only 10 4A teams in the East will have a chance to make the playoffs, meaning 6 4A teams in the midstate area will be put in the bracket of 16 out of the East; which 6 teams from Middle TN will be put going East??? :oops:

Anyone as far west as District 10 has a chance to be placed in the east side, I believe. District 5 and 7 likely won't have a 4A qualifier which could spread things out more. Right now I'd call Greeneville, Fulton, Gibbs, Claiborne, Carter, Scott, Chattanooga Central, Brainerd, Red Bank, East Ridge, Livingston, Lipscomb, Page, Whites Creek, Maplewood and White House as making up quadrants 1 and 2. Out of that bunch I'd say Fulton vs Red Bank, Maplewood or Whites Creek in a state semifinal.

The way that I see it so far is as follows:

District 1 - Only has Sullivan East and I don't think they will qualify. (0 qualify)

District 2 - Has 3 teams. Probably will be Greeneville and either Claiborne or Grainger if they qualify. (2 qualify)

District 3 - Has 4 teams. One of the stronger districts in the East. Will get 2 in for sure and maybe a third as a wildcard. My guess would be Fulton and either Gibbs or Carter. (2 qualify + a wild card)

District 4 - Has 2 teams and neither are very good. Flip a coin between Scott and Stone Memorial. (1 qualify)

District 5 - Only has Sequoyah and they probably won't qualify. (0 qualify)

District 6 - Has 6 teams and three will qualify automatically. My guess would be Red Bank, Chat. Central and either Brainard or East Ridge. (3 qualify + a wild card)

District 7 - Has only Notre Dame and they should qualify if they win one more district game. (1 qualify)

District 8 - Has 2 teams. Livingston should qualify and Dekalb might. (1 qualify + maybe 1 more)

I'm looking at roughly 12 to 13 teams that would make the playoffs from the east.

:roflolk: Notre Dame will not be in the top 2 of the district they got beat week 4 53-0; no 4A will qualify in that district. Dekalb may be a wildcard but it is a long shot. only one team will make it from District 2 with a slim chance of a wildcard. :thumb:

Here in middle TN your playoff teams (locks) will be as follows:

Livingston Academy

Creek Wood

Whites Creek

Maplewood

White House

Greenbrier

Giles County

Page

Spring Hill

David Lipscomb, DeKalb County, & Sycamore could all be playoff teams when all is said and done at the end of the season but right now all of these teams still have some work to do before I would lock any of them in the field :roflolk:

Livingston Academy

Creek Wood

Whites Creek

Maplewood

White House

Greenbrier

Giles County

Page

Spring Hill

David Lipscomb, DeKalb County, & Sycamore could all be playoff teams when all is said and done at the end of the season but right now all of these teams still have some work to do before I would lock any of them in the field :roflol:

Agree except the winner of the Page vs SH will be the lock. (I think Page). DL as we know will continue to improve because of their coaching and tradition. Just can't see them not making at least a wildcard. I think them folks up east are going to start realizing the quality of the new coaching staffs in middle Tennessee. A level playing field has emerged.

:roflol:

Livingston Academy

Creek Wood

Whites Creek

Maplewood

White House

Greenbrier

Giles County

Page

Spring Hill

David Lipscomb, DeKalb County, & Sycamore could all be playoff teams when all is said and done at the end of the season but right now all of these teams still have some work to do before I would lock any of them in the field :thumb:

Agree except the winner of the Page vs SH will be the lock. (I think Page). DL as we know will continue to improve because of their coaching and tradition. Just can't see them not making at least a wildcard. I think them folks up east are going to start realizing the quality of the new coaching staffs in middle Tennessee. A level playing field has emerged.

:roll:

I think Lipscomb will get it turned around in the last half of the season. I just can't fathom them not making the playoffs. Page and Spring Hill can both make it to the playoffs. One of them will have to be a wildcard though, and i'm not sure how that works.

Look for Greeneville to make a deep run in the playoffs. They just moved down from 3a. They made it to the quater finals of 3a two years ago and made it to the semi finals last year against Maryville. I look for them to make as deep or even make it to the state title game... :thumb:

Go Devils

They will have to play one of the Knoxville area teams, in either the 1st or 2nd round. That gives them a slim chance of getting past those two rounds.

Livingston Academy

Creek Wood

Whites Creek

Maplewood

White House

Greenbrier

Giles County

Page

Spring Hill

David Lipscomb, DeKalb County, & Sycamore could all be playoff teams when all is said and done at the end of the season but right now all of these teams still have some work to do before I would lock any of them in the field :lol:

:thumb: If Page can win the next 4 games and Spring Hill can win the next 3 both teams would be 6-3 and 7-2 going into week 10 both teams should make it. :roll:

:?

Look for Greeneville to make a deep run in the playoffs. They just moved down from 3a. They made it to the quater finals of 3a two years ago and made it to the semi finals last year against Maryville. I look for them to make as deep or even make it to the state title game... :roflol:

Go Devils

They will have to play one of the Knoxville area teams, in either the 1st or 2nd round. That gives them a slim chance of getting past those two rounds.

Most likely Fulton or Gibbs, and if they somehow get past them, then Red Bank will be waiting for them.