Oak Ridge vs. Anderson Co.

Space3

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I belive AC will win,but will need a strong showing by their defence.O.R will probably be passing more this week.They played best in the fourth quarter aginst Maryville because of their passing game.Their young q.b looked pretty good.But we have more talent.I am looking foward to this one.A.C by 7 GO MAVS.

This should be a good game. Oak Ridge has seemed to have turned things around since the pre-season. The Mavs showed that they could play some D on Friday night. As far as Oak Ridge throwing the ball, why would they want to. I have not been impressed with the throwing ability of the kid. He does seem to run pretty well. Oak Ridge better keep it on the ground. If AC doesn't show up in all aspects, they will get beat. The more exciting news it the fireworks show planned for the beginning of the game. If you are going to this game, you need to get there before kickoff. The fireworks are suppossed to be even better than last weeks. That's hard to imagine, I know. Pyroshows does a great job. I don't think there is a school that has a better entrance now that AC has fireworks, smoke, fire, etc. Mavs by 5.

I agree this should be a good game. For both teams, this game has huge playoff implications. We continue to get better, but this is a game where we need to step it up a notch, especially on offense and special teams. Unlike Maryville, there will be no good feelings with a loss in this game.

I like very much where we are defensively, even with the injuries. Since the Farragut game, this team doesn't give up very many points. Also, they do a good job of knocking the opposing offenses off their rhythm. Offensively, if we come out the whole game like we came out in the second half against Maryville (less the turnover and punt return), I very much like our chances.

We are facing a quality Anderson county team. They are well-coached and can score some points. Also, it seems like their defense has improved with the Halls game. I don't like that in years past, our teams have had a hard time getting fired up to play the Mavs. That has not been a problem with the Mavs playing us. If we come out focused and limit our mistakes, I think we take this one by 7.

He was 15-19. That is impressive. Though when considering that Maryville was sitting back in a soft cover 2 or 3 most of the night. It doesn't sound as good. When Maryville did start running some press coverage in the 4th, they got a pick six. I'm not saying the kid can't run. Just didn't think he was the most dangerous passer. I have only got to see him minimally.

Another thing to consider is that he's only a soph. Some mistakes are expected from a sophomore, but he will learn from those. He generally makes good decisions and has been an effective runner all season. He's not the fastest kid out there, but he always seems to find a seam and hit it straight upfield. Also, on the pick six, the receiver lost his footing and went to the ground before the ball arrived. It may have been picked either way, but that certainly didn't help.

I hav read all the post and I will have to agree with Space 3; if the mavericks come out ready and the defense can stop the run, this could get pretty ugly for Oak Ridge. However this will be the test for the defense to see if they are consistent. If they play well on Friday night then I think we all can say that AC is a team that can compete in Nashville for a state championship. I am not looking too far ahead. But this offense is impressive, to say the least.

The state championship is played in Murfreesboro. I don't think beating a rebuilding 3-2 Oak Ridge team would qualify anybody as a state championship contender, especially when you will have to win 4 straight playoff games to get their. That would mean beating Maryville once and Clinton twice along the way. That's a bit of a stretch. This game will not get ugly for Oak Ridge. We held Maryville to 7 points on offense and they are pretty darn good. The AC offense is good, but we've already played Farragut and Maryville. We'll have a good game plan for slowing down that offense. Can the AC defense show up, that is the question. If they don't play well, this could get ugly for the Mavs.