Oak Ridge vs. Anderson Co.

Space3

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great win for the Cats tonight. They came out ready to play and did a great job of containing ACs high scoring offense. The defense came through again for us. We got great pressure up front that really made a difference down the stretch. I counted 7 sacks, 4 tipped passes and a pass interception. As I wrote before, our defense does a great job of knocking the opposing offense off of their rhythm, and they did it again tonight. I would still like to see us play more consistent on offense, but we got the job done when we needed to. I thought the Mavs defense played an inspired game and kept us in check most of the night.

We now look forward to the Karns game and I hope we keep improving week to week. Go Cats!!

New to coach T here wish the kids had heart like we did in 1996 and 1997.Are D was the best in my opinion.

I agree with you about the heart. The defenses in 2001 and 2002 were the best imo. Defenses in 2007 and 2008 were a lot like 01-02 but they weren't quite as mean. Just as talented, not as mean.

I would love to get film and grade the Defenses just to see who was the best. Cause in 01, was that the price brothers year? They had great offense. But all in all 96,97, 01,02, was the best team imo.

I agree, Space3. This debate about whether the 96-97 defensive team was better than the 01-02 defensive team seems to be the topic among a lot of people lately. Yes, 2001 was the Price brothers year. Their offense that year was great but their defense was awesome. THEY WERE TOUGH!!! Ask any player or coach on AE's or Fulton's teams that year, that played or coached against them.

well its the truth Their D is really good but this is about the only game that i don't think AC will put as many points on the board i mean i could be wrong by OR D played tough against Maryville

kidd, apparently you were correct. I was, quite honestly, very surprised. I must admit I have not had the opportunity to see OR play this year previous to this game, but Coach Blade seems to have things going back in the right direction.

I think tonight gave us a better look. Anderson County just are not ready yet. This should be a good learning device for the Mavericks. But the offensive line did not come to play. I will give it to the defensive they held their own but the offensive line is the real loser. The mavericks just as I said in the beginning will have to have an offensive line. This poor quarterback ran for his life all night. That is not acceptable when he really has the best receivers in the state. I seen this when I went to the CCHS game but was not a good example. But you know if they cannot improve well it is what it is. If they can improve then they need to do what they need to do. For a first time Coach, he has really done a Great job with what he has to work with. The coaching aspect is really good. But the offense line is the only problem they have. They have all state receivers and quarterback so they need to capitalize on these assets

Oh give me a break on the offensive line thing. Yes, there's room for improvement there but just EXACTLY HOW LONG DID YOUR "ALL STATE" QB EXPECT THEM TO HOLD OR OFF??????? :roflol:

As I've stated before. This offensive system Gillum runs can make an "average" qb look "all world". However, there are certain skills one must expect from that position. Athleticism is always a nice commodity. Not always necessary, but definitely a plus. Even a "pocket passer" or "this poor quarterback" HAS TO GET RID OF THE BALL. As of right now, IMO, there's only one, maybe two (?) receivers that should receive All-State honors. (A little early in the season for either of us to speculate on, don't you think?)

"With what he has to work with"........that's what has got this team this far so far.

kidd, apparently you were correct. I was, quite honestly, very surprised. I must admit I have not had the opportunity to see OR play this year previous to this game, but Coach Blade seems to have things going back in the right direction.

Yeah were all wrong every once in a while oppressed...I hate it for AC i was hoping that AC would beat OR and continue to win and Clinton would beat OR(which will be a really tough game in a couple of weeks) and the rest of their opponents so it could be a battle of undeafeated teams in district in the last game of the year hats off to OR i knew blade was gonna bring you all back and it seems he is working towards that

This debate about whether the 96-97 defensive team was better than the 01-02 defensive team seems to be the topic among a lot of people lately. Yes, 2001 was the Price brothers year. Their offense that year was great but their defense was awesome. THEY WERE TOUGH!!! Ask any player or coach on AE's or Fulton's teams that year, that played or coached against them.

I think the best team is whichever had Coleman on it! He was the difference maker on that defense and could have been on the offense if they would have turned him loose. Coleman could stack up with any of the lineman on the 96 team.

This debate about whether the 96-97 defensive team was better than the 01-02 defensive team seems to be the topic among a lot of people lately. Yes, 2001 was the Price brothers year. Their offense that year was great but their defense was awesome. THEY WERE TOUGH!!! Ask any player or coach on AE's or Fulton's teams that year, that played or coached against them.

I think the best team is whichever had Coleman on it! He was the difference maker on that defense and could have been on the offense if they would have turned him loose. Coleman could stack up with any of the lineman on the 96 team.

Sean Mounts, Chad Deal (heck of a DB), Frank Phillips, Miller, Travis Jacks, Bradley Allen, Hatmaker twins, Drew Burrell, Surface, Coleman, Maxey, Purkey, Walker. I would match any of these guys up with the 96 team. And probably some more I've forgotten.

Sean Mounts, Chad Deal (heck of a DB), Frank Phillips, Miller, Travis Jacks, Bradley Allen, Hatmaker twins, Drew Burrell, Surface, Coleman, Maxey, Purkey, Walker. I would match any of these guys up with the 96 team. And probably some more I've forgotten.

Jason Pack was a Linebacker on that '02 defense. No Doubt one of the Smartest Players to ever wear the navy and silver. His character was top notch. Jason always played with an unbelievable effort. He played lights out his Senior Year, Especially in the big games. :flower:

I think Oak Ridge fans owe the Anderson County powers to be a BIG THANKS, for scheduling your homecoming game for the Oak Ridge game, I was told at the UT game last night that Coach Blade was not told about this being AC HC until they showed a few minutes late at the field for pre-game warm ups. Then he was told that the warm-ups would be cut short due to HC activities. It doesn't take a brainy-ake, to figure out that this would fire up the Oak Ridge players. Which it did, and it showed on the field, with Oak Ridge dominating the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Again Thanks!