Henry Co vs Northeast

kp150150

by this logic, let's just put Farragut and Riverdale in 1A and see if they mind.

a school shouldn't be forced into another classification because of the actions of another. period. if a school has an enrollment which places them in 5A, that's where they should stay. follow the rules or don't play.

I agree, but appealing the decision is saying "we have a better chance to win a state title in 5A than we do in 6A, so thats where we want to be". I am not arguing your reasoning; just stating that the bottom line is they didnt want to compete in the 6A play-offs or they would have just left it alone. (Waits silently for someone to post about forcing to do something b/c of actions of another team).....lol

HC wanted to play where they were placed according to enrollment...5A. They did not want to be "bumped" into 6A by the actions of other schools. They prefer to be a large 5A instead of the smallest 6A. What's wrong with that? Who wouldn't want that? Why don't you take your anti-HC attitude and go to the thread about YOUR team? You have made your jealous point. What more do you want to say? If you are wanting HC to feel badly for playing in the classification where our enrollment placed us, that will not happen, and you are wasting your time.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Henry is a good team, and will never doubt Coach Gaddis. However, this match up may be a little more surprising to the Patriots than you think. Northeast is running the ball well, and seem to pass better now than in recent memory. Plus they are much faster than Henry County. Let me guess, all the Patriot fans have seen the Eagles play this year! They beat West Creek pretty badly with over 300+ yards of offense. If you think this Clarksville team will lay a goose egg and come to Paris and just show up. Well, you have another thing coming. Not saying the Eagles will win, but they will make it a fight. Very even matched game, and the offenses are pretty much identical. Defense they are a 3-3 stack. Number 44 and 42 at defensive ends are going to show you what speed and size do at that position. The line backers are big and fast. To correct many of the Patriot fans, the Eagles two platoon in all but 4 positions. They have gotten better week by week. Just dont think that Henry County fans are giving these boys credit, and they just may surprise you this week.

Scores based on similar teams they have played!

Springfield 35 - Northeast 34 on last second blocked punt that rolled 30 yards into the endzone.

Springfield 13 - Henry 37 on a beat down.

West Creek 0 - Northeast 43 in a beat down, 300+ yards offense.

West Creek 12 - Henry 49 on only 150 yards offense.

This game is a better match up than people are giving credit for! :bored:

Henry is a good team, and will never doubt Coach Gaddis. However, this match up may be a little more surprising to the Patriots than you think. Northeast is running the ball well, and seem to pass better now than in recent memory. Plus they are much faster than Henry County. Let me guess, all the Patriot fans have seen the Eagles play this year! They beat West Creek pretty badly with over 300+ yards of offense. If you think this Clarksville team will lay a goose egg and come to Paris and just show up. Well, you have another thing coming. Not saying the Eagles will win, but they will make it a fight. Very even matched game, and the offenses are pretty much identical. Defense they are a 3-3 stack. Number 44 and 42 at defensive ends are going to show you what speed and size do at that position. The line backers are big and fast. To correct many of the Patriot fans, the Eagles two platoon in all but 4 positions. They have gotten better week by week. Just dont think that Henry County fans are giving these boys credit, and they just may surprise you this week.

Springfield 35 - Northeast 34 on last second blocked punt that rolled 30 yards into the endzone.

This game is a better match up than people are giving credit for! :bored:

So your basing your opinion about this game one how many yards each team had against West Creek? What a joke! So if your special teams give you EXCELLENT field position and/or even score, then that makes you a lesser team than had your offense drove 90 yrds on every posession? That's rediculous. You are thinking that 49 pts. "on only 150 yards offense" is a weakness? You seriously need to try and come up with a better comparison.

BTW, I personally would not even consider ANY, ANY, ANY stats against West Creek.

This game is a better match up than people are giving credit for! :popcorneater:

I would be surprised if they stay in a 3/3 stack on D. We will see Friday night.

What about NE offensive unit?

This game is a better match up than people are giving credit for! :popcorneater:

So let me get this straight. This is an even game according to you and therefore NE is as good as HC. Is that what you are saying when you say that this is an even game? My guess is that their passing game is not that strong although they will have some athletes who are dangerous. They will be quick on defense for sure with many weapons on offense. Their kicking game will be average at best with possibly very dangerous return guys. I will agree with an earlier post about the lack of HC yardage last week. That was because the punting game of West Creek gave HC two scores and the ball inside the ten twice. The HC offense rarely took the field and when they did they had less than ten yards to go. Upon what do you base this to be an even game? Is it because they have speed? Are they better coached? Are they more physical? Are they more fundamentally sound? Is their kicking game superior to that of HC? Are they better up front than HC? Please elaborate.

So your basing your opinion about this game one how many yards each team had against West Creek? What a joke! So if your special teams give you EXCELLENT field position and/or even score, then that makes you a lesser team than had your offense drove 90 yrds on every posession? That's rediculous. You are thinking that 49 pts. "on only 150 yards offense" is a weakness? You seriously need to try and come up with a better comparison.

BTW, I personally would not even consider ANY, ANY, ANY stats against West Creek.

I agree. We could have easily gotten 400+ yards on west creek. They just fumbled 2 punts, had a punt blocked and returned and an int return all inside the 15. To tell you the truth I was hopin they would get a couple punts off just so I could see our offense on the field. Oh well they should be well rested friday night. Anyone know what our offense is averagin. It had to be around 180 passin and over 200 rushin before friday nights game. I thought I read in the jackson paper shonte has 742 yards passin and he didn't complete a pass last game.

Why do you think Henry County hung the moon? Just said that after seeing both teams they are pretty equally matched. Both are big, strong, but Northeast is a little faster. Henry is better coached, but comparing athletes, Northeast has more.

By the way 3nout, does that stand for 3 state semis and out. Just wondering! My son has friends at Northeast, and watched you on film and vs. West Creek. Anything can happen, and obviously you do not remember the last 3 years week 14 do you. If Henry was so good, they would be champions. But at least they have 3nout!

Fans are the greatest, since they coach from the stands!

Are you kidding me, comparing offensive yards, Henry county played their starting offense approximately 12 plays, 8 on the first drive, of around 75 yards, and the other four produced 3 tds and about 15 yards, the starting offense did not even get muddy. In your comparison it is left out that Springfield scored on Henry Counties jv late for their last score, Springfield was not in the same class with Henry county and Springfield beat NE, souds like an easy game if common opponents mean anything but they do not. Henry County must take care of the football and they win, if they turn the ball over, it could be a dog fight. NE is not as good as Henry county period. They can indeed beat Henry county if the payers for the Patriots do not respect NE. Being an avid Henry COunty fan, it is an insult to me to say that NE is even with Henry county, WE are better and we would beat them 9-10 times,we are more disciplined, better fundamentally, better offensively, better defensively, better special teams, and better coaching. With all that being said, if we allow NE to get happy, it could be a long night. Better athletes, I am not sure, better football players, probably goes to Henry County due to the better coaching. Great athletes make plays but a lesser athlete put inthe right position does too. I am looking forward to a good ball game from both sides. What is NE's winning percentage over the last 6 games, 16 games, 26 games, i am sure it is not worth the time to look it up, HC is 6-0, 15-1, 24-2--------- even with NE?

three straight semi final games and lost to three pretty good football teams, you are right they dont care, that is not very respectable, and if you were a coach on a team that went 13-1 and lost in the semi finals to last years Hillsboro team, it would be obvious to you that you just were not that good, you are an idiot you have been under everyone of your screen names and you are under this one coach chris. how many teams in the state have made it to the last three state semi finals, us and Maryville and alcoa, no we did not reach our goal of a state title but those teams were pretty good, and the consistency has been great, where have you been in the fourth round the last three years, in the stands watching other schools play, or on the basketball threads. Melrose has been knocked out of the playoffs the last three years, two times in the quarter finals and one time in the second round and I guarantee that they were pretty good each time. Has your team even won a playoff game in the last 3 years, yes i know that you have been at three different schools counting your latest move. Maybe there is a little correlation between your presence and the lack of your schools presence in the second round, well Henry county over that stretch you mentioned is a combined 9-3 in the playoffs and you do not remember the last time your team was 9-3 in any stretch much less playoffs