10A Hows it looking?

justafan09

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NC should be pretty competetive this year. they didnt lose anyone from last year's team so they have a lot of experience on the floor. CA will be very good and are probably the favorite but i'm just sayin... dont sleep on NC. This district has proven that anything can happen at any given time so dont count anyone out.

CA is for sure the front runner...Nashville Christians three point shooters if they are on and hitting will be hard to handle...Houston county has two of the biggest boys in the district and absolutly the best point guard in the district.If anyone can handle the twins it will be houston county...They have a new coach with a new attitude, and he comes from a AA state championship team he should be able to get the most out of Houston County...Their two post players should be as dominant as the twins..Looks like an interesting year in 10a...

10A should be a very competitive district this year, with alot of exciting games. CA will definitly be the team to beat, the twins have played AAU ball all summer and will only have grown in skills. NC's 3 point shooters will be hard to handle, it will take some very good defense to stop them, HC, as said earlier, has a new coach that comes from a very very good team, he will bring new life to them, I think that they will be very competitive this year. I have heard thru the grapevine that McEwen has lost 2 players to injuries, and they will be out for the first part of the season..... can anyone confirm this?? I don't really know anything about any of the other teams, ER will be in the mix I think, as will McEwen but I do think HC will be the one to watch. They have strong post players in Skelton and Monroe, with Roper and Witherspoon as backups, and I agree they have the best point guard in the district with the Cooksey boy. The Barnes boy will be returning and he is one of the best defensive players in the district, and always gives 110% in any game. The younger Featherstone boy is a shooter, Hammond too. I think it will be a good year with great games. Can't wait.

• 2 weeks later...

Clarksville Academy will run all over everyone. NC can handle most other teams. Anderson outcoaches most other teams in this district. NC won first round last year by outcoaching ER in last few minutes of game. Houston County could surprise some people. All in all, except for CA, pretty weak district this year.

10A should be a very competitive district this year, with alot of exciting games. CA will definitly be the team to beat, the twins have played AAU ball all summer and will only have grown in skills. NC's 3 point shooters will be hard to handle, it will take some very good defense to stop them, HC, as said earlier, has a new coach that comes from a very very good team, he will bring new life to them, I think that they will be very competitive this year. I have heard thru the grapevine that McEwen has lost 2 players to injuries, and they will be out for the first part of the season..... can anyone confirm this?? I don't really know anything about any of the other teams, ER will be in the mix I think, as will McEwen but I do think HC will be the one to watch. They have strong post players in Skelton and Monroe, with Roper and Witherspoon as backups, and I agree they have the best point guard in the district with the Cooksey boy. The Barnes boy will be returning and he is one of the best defensive players in the district, and always gives 110% in any game. The younger Featherstone boy is a shooter, Hammond too. I think it will be a good year with great games. Can't wait.

While I didn't see every returning PG in this district, from what I saw of Cooksey, if he is the #1 PG in 10A then either the rest are very poor or he improved vastly over the summer.

Just my .02

:thumb:

Cooksey is a good point guard but Travis Russell from Clarksville Academy would have to be the best point guard I've seen. I've played defense against both of them and I'd definately say that Travis Russell is the best point guard in the district. I'm not taking anything away from cooksey he is a good point guard but I definately think Travis Russell is the better of the two.

From what the Clarskville paper said today, CA couldn't handle a press... doesn't say much for the point guard. They were beaten pretty badly. HC scrimmaged Dickson County last night and the game ended in a tie, coaches said not to play it out. HC looked very good, coming back from a deficit, against a school that should of blown them out of the gym. Cooksey handled the press and the traps, and I will say, Dickson Co can trap! Very hard playing and aggresive ballteam, but the boys played with them and gave them all they wanted.