Preseason Rankings for TN HS.

AsicTiger

I know it's early, but what does the field look like in TN for the 2009-2010 season? Combined poll predictions? This is what I'm thinking.

1) Baylor School

2) Soddy Daisy

3) Bradley Central

4) McCallie

5) Cleveland

6) Father Ryan

7) Brentwood Academy

8) Christian Brothers

9) Independance

10) MBA

What are you guys thinking?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's early, but what does the field look like in TN for the 2009-2010 season? Combined poll predictions? This is what I'm thinking.

1) Baylor School

2) Soddy Daisy

3) Bradley Central

4) McCallie

5) Cleveland

6) Father Ryan

7) Brentwood Academy

8) Christian Brothers

9) Independance

10) MBA

Soddy ahead of Bradley? I don't see it. Even with Soddy getting Taylor and Henry, Bradley still #1.

1) Baylor School

2) Soddy Daisy

3) Bradley Central

4) McCallie

5) Cleveland

6) Father Ryan

7) Brentwood Academy

8) Christian Brothers

9) Independance

10) MBA

Soddy ahead of Bradley? I don't see it. Even with Soddy getting Taylor and Henry, Bradley still #1.

you mean number one....right behind baylor. right?

1) Baylor School

2) Soddy Daisy

3) Bradley Central

4) McCallie

5) Cleveland

6) Father Ryan

7) Brentwood Academy

8) Christian Brothers

9) Independance

10) MBA

Just to add in a couple of my somewhat biased thoughts.

On the DII side:

You are far too high on Brentwood Academy. They lost a ton to graduation (I don't think that they have a returning starter above 140). I believe they lost 8 to graduation.

Don't know how you get McCallie ahead of Father Ryan and Christian Brothers who both beat McCallie last year. McCallie didn't graduate a lot but have lost Henry and rumor is potentially another may not return to the team (not putting a lot of stock in that yet). CBHS only lost 2 to graduation, both of which will be replaced fairly easily (one with a returning state runner-up). I think Ryan loses 5 to graduation but should also be able to back fill easily. Baylor loses 3 to graduation but should also refill well as usual (and still return a ton of firepower). I think MBA loses around 6 to graduation but still have a good core to build around and has athletes as well. BA and MBA have the most to prove in relation to getting a solid team together with what they graduated.

On the DI side:

Soddy will be much stronger with the 2 move-ins and the addition / improvement of some young talent. However, with the line-up Bradley Central has returning (I believe Bradley lost less to graduation than Soddy, they definitely have more returning state qualifiers) I don't see how Soddy would leapfrog them, without some results to back that up. As they say, to be the man you have to beat the man.

Cleveland looks like they will have some holes to fill with graduation but they had a solid middle school group last year that should help fill some of those, not to mention whatever non-starters they had.

Independence also returns as good core but did graduate a lot so they will have to develop some solid replacements.

How DI and DII mix:

If I had to come up with a mixed ranking right now I think it would be somewhere around the following:

1) Bradley Central / Baylor

3) Father Ryan / CBHS (would have liked to have seen that dual last year, Ryan hit on all cylinders at state individuals... impressive performance to pass Baylor)

5) Soddy Daisy / Cleveland (could argue this group for the 3 slot, think Ryan and CBHS having more returning keeps them on top)

7-12) not sure how it shakes out... could be a host of teams including MBA, BA, Clarksville, Blackman, Independence, and possibly some other DI's I didn't take the time to research (forgive me I am a DII guy :roflolk: ).

Not sure that is how the season finishes up but I think the pre-season team poll would look something like that.

I think ghouse has it about right as he almost always does, except for maybe Father Ryan, they lost some good wrestlers. Ryan will still be good with some great upper weights and a couple down lower. Bradley is still right below Baylor over all with alot of great wrestlers returning from top to bottom, maybe heavy is a weakness for them but it would just be speculation. Soddy will be fine at the end of the year when it matters the most maybe not so much at the beginning. Campbell Lewis 130 has had shoulder surgery and want return until the state tournament, Blaike 160 has had two surgeries since April with alot of missed time that you cant make up over night, We do have Jonathan 140 returning state champ , Jake Gamble 125, Jacob Stevens at 103, Darren Smith(Turbo) will be one to deal with at 135 and Jamarcus Mobley 152 may make a return to action at some point. I believe our heavyweight will be a big surprise also but in my opinion to much youth and not a lot of depth for Soddy to leap frog Bradley, but the boy's are happy to be wrestling together at Soddy Daisy with Coach Henry and Coach Yost. Its time to get it going men,for all our wrestlers I hope everyone gets healed and stays healthy.

CHATTWRESTLING

It sounds like Soddy Daisy may be the team to beat when everyone gets healthy.

Jacob Stevens

Ryan Gardner

Jake Gamble

Campbell Lewis

Turbo Smith

Jonathan Taylor

Jamarcus Mobley

Blaike Henry

Billy Swanson

Alex Seeley

All these kids could be state placers and could have 4 or 5 state champs. Congrats to Henry, Shane, Rabbit, and Yost for getting all the guys together. Should be tough if everybody gets in the right weight and they all stay healthy.

It's going to be tough on the Bears just to keep up! Graduated Biddy (2X), Graham (3X), Disney (2nd, 3rd), Murphy (qual), and Taylor not returning. Soddy didn't lose that kind of quality, has a great young class and then picks up not one, not two, but THREE studs from other schools! Yikes! :thumb:

It's going to be tough on the Bears just to keep up! Graduated Biddy (2X), Graham (3X), Disney (2nd, 3rd), Murphy (qual), and Taylor not returning. Soddy didn't lose that kind of quality, has a great young class and then picks up not one, not two, but THREE studs from other schools! Yikes! :thumb:

where's Taylor going?

If your talking about Jonathan, it will be 40 or 45-depends.

where's Taylor going?

If your talking about Jonathan, it will be 40 or 45-depends.

I was wondering where jt was going, but my question was directed at Randall Taylor it said he was not returning and he didn't graduate did he?