Columbia@Independence

lion99

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Columbia does this every year that they go down a division. They are playing well this year, but they are one of those teams that is right on the line between 5A and 6A. I remember back in 2002 when they dropped to 4A they went 10-0 then lost in the second playoff game if I am remembering correctly. They always play well the year they drop a division.

I still think that Columbia will take this one in a close game by 3-7 points. Indy has done nothing to impress me this year.

Well jrpfhs21, since you are from Franklin, please share what Franklin has done so far this year to impress anyone. They lost to the one team on their schedule that is worthy of discussion (Ooltewah).

Independence has played a much tougher schedule than the Rebs have and survived thus far. The Eagles should easily be 5-1 right now if they had closed out Brentwood several weeks ago, and yes bruin faithful, you know you got lucky that night. I guess jr have you seen enough of the eagles to be impressed or not is the question.

As for the game this week, I will go with my eagles. The lions of Columbia have had a great season so far, but all good things must come to an end sometime. Columbia is the class of their district this year and pretty much have a playoff spot locked up in their district so does this game mean a whole lot to them? While the eagles on the other hand need to win them all the rest of the way to secure a spot, or hope for a wild card slot. Get it done eagles! :roflolk:

INDY supporters watch out for this game 3 things here

1. Looking past CHS to next week

2. Homecoming distractions

3. CHS - yes team is in lower division, really has not played a notable team, but this team has scored points ,alot of points and I am sorry i am still not sold on the INDY defense.

will be a shootout, Indy 38 - CHS 36

INDY supporters watch out for this game 3 things here

1. Looking past CHS to next week

2. Homecoming distractions

3. CHS - yes team is in lower division, really has not played a notable team, but this team has scored points ,alot of points and I am sorry i am still not sold on the INDY defense.

will be a shootout, Indy 38 - CHS 36

a shootout??? are you forgeting that the lions have only 12.4 a game on them. thats great Df!!

Columbia does this every year that they go down a division. They are playing well this year, but they are one of those teams that is right on the line between 5A and 6A. I remember back in 2002 when they dropped to 4A they went 10-0 then lost in the second playoff game if I am remembering correctly. They always play well the year they drop a division.

I still think that Columbia will take this one in a close game by 3-7 points. Indy has done nothing to impress me this year.

They lost in the first round. I think to Springfield.

lion - yes a shootout..... first as much as i still hate to say, i am not sold on the INDY defense, they have been playing better but last week a struggling offense in Hillsboro put some points on the board...

AS for CHS and your 12.9 average, you have yet to play a quality team this year that has some weapons and I do think INDY can move the ball on you....

I would not be surprised to see you walk away with the win...

I am an IHS supporter but I don't see how they played a tougher schedule than FHS so far. Yes on paper it looks tough but all except for one of Indy's wins comes against teams that have losing records (MBA is 4-3) FHS's loss is to #1 Ooltewah. The 2 KY schools are historically 7-4's or 8-3 type teams too & so far Memphis Fairley is 4-3. If IHS can beat a talented Columbia team & a dangerous Lavergne squad (as well as FHS on the 16th) more will become believers in 2009 IHS football.

INDY is going to win somhow somway on homecoming friday night enough said. Idk weather its going to be a defensive battle or shootout but i do think indy has to much pride to loose to a hot 7-0 Columbia team. I personally think indy would be better off throwing the ball a little more especially on 1 or 2nd down when the defense isnt expecting it. Becuase last wk when they were down vs hilsboro in the 4th quarter heckmen looked really good slinging the ball around to different recievers in the last 3 to 4 min. Just my opionion any1 agree?

I am an IHS supporter but I don't see how they played a tougher schedule than FHS so far. Yes on paper it looks tough but all except for one of Indy's wins comes against teams that have losing records (MBA is 4-3) FHS's loss is to #1 Ooltewah. The 2 KY schools are historically 7-4's or 8-3 type teams too & so far Memphis Fairley is 4-3. If IHS can beat a talented Columbia team & a dangerous Lavergne squad (as well as FHS on the 16th) more will become believers in 2009 IHS football.

I don't quite understand how you go from a tougher schedule to Indy's wins? Indy is 4-2 with wins against a very good hillsboro team that is underrated, centennial, i know not very good, a disappointing siegel team and MBA, but IHS played a very very close game against brentwood and were leading against Oakland at half. Indy has the toughest schedule in the state no doubt. Could easily be 5-1 and really should be 6-0.

futbol20 wrote " don't quite understand how you go from a tougher schedule to Indy's wins? Indy is 4-2 with wins against a very good hillsboro team that is underrated, centennial, i know not very good, a disappointing siegel team and MBA, but IHS played a very very close game against brentwood and were leading against Oakland at half. Indy has the toughest schedule in the state no doubt. Could easily be 5-1 and really should be 6-0."

okay-- massey state rankings has INDY schedule as # 2 in 6A while Franklin is at #9

you say INDY could easily be 5-1 or 6-0 AND I CAN TELL YOU THAT INDY could easily be 1-6 or 2-4

Seigal - had to hand on and get a very late TD to win 15-14

MBA- thier starting QB was out, how many PATS and field goals did MBA miss and IHS escaped with a last minute field goal

Hilsboro you say underated i say they suck- my gosh until they played INDY the most points they put up on any team all season was 14

this is not a bash on INDY and a win is a win and says alot that they are winning the close games

Well jrpfhs21, since you are from Franklin, please share what Franklin has done so far this year to impress anyone. They lost to the one team on their schedule that is worthy of discussion (Ooltewah).

Independence has played a much tougher schedule than the Rebs have and survived thus far. The Eagles should easily be 5-1 right now if they had closed out Brentwood several weeks ago, and yes bruin faithful, you know you got lucky that night. I guess jr have you seen enough of the eagles to be impressed or not is the question.

As for the game this week, I will go with my eagles. The lions of Columbia have had a great season so far, but all good things must come to an end sometime. Columbia is the class of their district this year and pretty much have a playoff spot locked up in their district so does this game mean a whole lot to them? While the eagles on the other hand need to win them all the rest of the way to secure a spot, or hope for a wild card slot. Get it done eagles! :popcorneater:

The Rebels haven't done too much to impress me. But, I feel that they can win against Indy.