Where is Darkwa going to college?

nosidj

Heard this talented player was injured last night and left the field with a neck collar. Does anyone have any details on his injury? I hope he will be alright and that this was just a precaution.

Understandably they are talking every possible precaution. They are pretty sure it is just a stinger, but he is getting X-rays in the next couple days. Im pretty positive that he will sit out next week against BGA then the bye week then play in the playoffs that way he will have ample time to shake it all off.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Darkwa is not seriously injured and recovers quickly. That young man is one fine football player and I hope he gets to finish out his season.

I'm also pretty certain both MBA and Ensworth offer fine educations however different they may be in their approaches. That's why there are different schools for different needs and wants.

Now.....back to Football!!!

That is a really funny post.

I am a country boy who sends his kids to public school. My sister married well and her son goes to MBA. I have never been called pompous before but I kind of like the sound of it.

I don't know what the Swan Ball is, but if you can't wear overalls, I would have to turn down the invite.

As I said, my nephew has nothing but good things to say about Ensworth. He just finds the academic environment at the 2 school very different. I am sorry if I offended someone--but I was just giving a viewpoint for the benefit of folks who may not be familiar with either school.

I'm glad you liked my post. You sound like a nice fellow. I have gotten the feeling since MBA is not doing as well at football this year, that some of the posters are attacking Ensworth's ability to academically prepare their students for college. It borders on nasty, because it seems as if the MBAers suggest that Ensworth has compromised academics for football. This might be translated as some of the Ensworth players who are really making a difference couldn't make it academically at MBA. This does offend me for some reason, and I think if MBA had ever had a chance to have Darkwa as a part of their program, they should have jumped on it. It seems that he would be a credit to any school because he is a gentleman, athlete and scholar. You don't really sound all that pompous, but lordy mercy, some of the other posters from MBA must walk around with it stamped on their foreheads.

There is a big adjustment period between 8th and 9th grade. I know a lot of guys that have done what your nephew did and the work load is brutal but I know kids from different schools that say the exact same thing.

MBA's junior school without a doubt is more difficult that Ensworth's upper school, no question. In high school it evens out, the classes are about the same, teachers may assign more homework than others but that doesn't necessarily make a school "better" or give it higher academic standards. In 11th grade students can take electives so it's up to the student to decide how they want to be challenged. I don't know what electives MBA offers, I know they a few "senior classes" but it doesn't really matter. It's the students decision if they want to take a "senior class" or a more challenging class or an AP if they have the grades. If EHS's academic standards are to pass a bunch of easy courses in your final two years then fine. Those kids are wasting a $20,000 education but they are meeting the academic standards and trust me athletes are not the only ones in those classes and plenty are in AP's.

Even though gocat's post was out of line why even bring up a pointless issue in this stupid argument. Darkwa obviously is smart enough to make it through EHS like any other student. If he wouldn't make it through MBA fine, EHS isn't MBA.

In what way was my post out of line? On one hand, it is a stupid argument but in your last line, you joined in the same stupid argument. Perhaps I didn't understand you correctly. What is the implication of "EHS isn't MBA? Do tell.

If ya'll are debating about whether or not Darkwa could survive at MBA, that is an absurdly insignificant argument. Let's get to the bottom line. Darkwa is too humble to fit in at MBA.

They are going to ask you to leave this thread Grey Ghost. You are way too tough and plain spoken for the MBAer's. Now listen up, this guy wins the debate hands down. Where did you go to school? Impressive. Thanks for a great post. You have made my day.

I made the trip from Chattanooga for the Baylor vs Ensworth game last night. What a player Darkwa is. I certainly hope he is doing well and that last night was a precaution and that he will be back on the field soon. Anyone is the know please keep us updated. Congratulations to Ensworth on the win...it was a long trip back to Chattanooga.

There is a big adjustment period between 8th and 9th grade. I know a lot of guys that have done what your nephew did and the work load is brutal but I know kids from different schools that say the exact same thing.

MBA's junior school without a doubt is more difficult that Ensworth's upper school, no question. In high school it evens out, the classes are about the same, teachers may assign more homework than others but that doesn't necessarily make a school "better" or give it higher academic standards. In 11th grade students can take electives so it's up to the student to decide how they want to be challenged. I don't know what electives MBA offers, I know they a few "senior classes" but it doesn't really matter. It's the students decision if they want to take a "senior class" or a more challenging class or an AP if they have the grades. If EHS's academic standards are to pass a bunch of easy courses in your final two years then fine. Those kids are wasting a $20,000 education but they are meeting the academic standards and trust me athletes are not the only ones in those classes and plenty are in AP's.

Even though gocat's post was out of line why even bring up a pointless issue in this stupid argument. Darkwa obviously is smart enough to make it through EHS like any other student. If he wouldn't make it through MBA fine, EHS isn't MBA.

In what way was my post out of line? On one hand, it is a stupid argument but in your last line, you joined in the same stupid argument. Perhaps I didn't understand you correctly. What is the implication of "EHS isn't MBA? Do tell.

1. Because you called someone out for being jealous of what Ensworth is doing when really they couldn't care less.

2. I want this argument to end just as much as you do and if people who really don't care about the two schools like rightnow keep on writing stuff like "My nephew said..." it just keeps on going.

3. It doesn't really matter who has higher academic standards it just matters if players can can meet them at their respective schools.

hdcastle, if you can't answer the question just don't try. What did you mean by Ensworth is no MBA? Specifically? Certainly Ensworth does not seem jealous of MBA, but I can't say the same for MBA. Several posters, not all certainly, seem extremely jealous of the great season Ensworth is having this year. On a board about an outstanding young man, several of the MBA bunch keep bringing up academics and implying that Ensworth cannot compete with MBA in the academic department. I am calling them on it, and that includes you, if that is what you meant by your remark. I would agree that Ensworth is no MBA in one respect, and that is that Ensworth has got the superior football team this season. Is that what you meant as well? If that is the case then we have nothing more to discuss. I hope Darkwa is ok.

On a board about an outstanding young man, several of the MBA bunch keep bringing up academics and implying that Ensworth cannot compete with MBA in the academic department. I am calling them on it, and that includes you, if that is what you meant by your remark. I would agree that Ensworth is no MBA in one respect, and that is that Ensworth has got the superior football team this season. Is that what you meant as well?

Yes, that was my point exactly. I was just referring to the part of your post specifically calling out rightnow as a Belle Meade boy as out of line.