Where is Darkwa going to college?

nosidj

Wow - amazing how my "back to football" comment worked. All the annoying, petty arguments over things neither side has a clue about are gone. Seriously, kids - let's talk football. :thumb:[/quot

Sorry sir, but it is just so much fun.

What is fun.....exactly? This "topic" is about a kids future and where he may end up playing college ball. The Cindy Lauper "I just want to have fun" are is somewhere else.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll notice that the more contentious ("pompous") posts come mostly from people who haven't been here very long. Those of us who've remained for a few years tend to avoid accusing one another of impropriety, because when any one of us (meaning schools) are successful, we all get hit with the recruiting accusation: that's why we're all stuck here in the "pariah's" division. (One off the wall thought...MBA's been accused of recruiting in past years, although this year, when we're having a rough time, we don't hear it at all, though I can assure you that business is being conducted as usual out on the Hill, we're just having a tough patch. I devine from that that our detractors aren't really offended by recruiting as such, but rather they're upset when we're good at it.)

In other words, the ones of us who've been here a while tend to stick together. Now, if someone can show me evidence of impropriety, that's another issue. I can't see that anybody's shown anything of the sort. And while i have no inside knowledge, there are a lot of influential people who pay a lot of money to send their kids to Ensworth, and have no interest at all in what happens on Friday nights on a football field. I would imagine if there was a watering down of academic standards (and thus the school's repuatation with college admissions people), there'd be an ugly storm out that way.

And so shakinthefat doesn't yell at me in all caps, is there any update on Darkwa's condition? If he stayed on the sideling for a while, I would think it wasn't that serious, though I wasn't that impressed with the emergency treatment Colbert received on his injury (altogether too much movement for my taste-contrast that with the treatment of Florida Panther David Booth last night, as they moved him from face-down on the ice without any movement of his head and neck).

You'll notice that the more contentious ("pompous") posts come mostly from people who haven't been here very long. Those of us who've remained for a few years tend to avoid accusing one another of impropriety, because when any one of us (meaning schools) are successful, we all get hit with the recruiting accusation: that's why we're all stuck here in the "pariah's" division. (One off the wall thought...MBA's been accused of recruiting in past years, although this year, when we're having a rough time, we don't hear it at all, though I can assure you that business is being conducted as usual out on the Hill, we're just having a tough patch. I devine from that that our detractors aren't really offended by recruiting as such, but rather they're upset when we're good at it.)

In other words, the ones of us who've been here a while tend to stick together. Now, if someone can show me evidence of impropriety, that's another issue. I can't see that anybody's shown anything of the sort. And while i have no inside knowledge, there are a lot of influential people who pay a lot of money to send their kids to Ensworth, and have no interest at all in what happens on Friday nights on a football field. I would imagine if there was a watering down of academic standards (and thus the school's repuatation with college admissions people), there'd be an ugly storm out that way.

And so shakinthefat doesn't yell at me in all caps, is there any update on Darkwa's condition? If he stayed on the sideling for a while, I would think it wasn't that serious, though I wasn't that impressed with the emergency treatment Colbert received on his injury (altogether too much movement for my taste-contrast that with the treatment of Florida Panther David Booth last night, as they moved him from face-down on the ice without any movement of his head and neck).

Amen brother!

Sometimes feels like a prison riot on the DII board. We may be fighting tooth and nail in here while the rest of the world really is oblivious.

Darkwa is ok, he said he should be back soon. I think it was just a stinger.

Wow - amazing how my "back to football" comment worked. All the annoying, petty arguments over things neither side has a clue about are gone. Seriously, kids - let's talk football. :roflol:[/quot

Sorry sir, but it is just so much fun.

What is fun.....exactly? This "topic" is about a kids future and where he may end up playing college ball. The Cindy Lauper "I just want to have fun" are is somewhere else.

Respectfully sir, the belittling comments regarding the academics of one school in comparison to another school are not appropriate and anyone who makes them, (especially on a football board) sounds like a pompus snob. I am simply pointing this out to the posters who make them. It is fun, because the poster try to imply in a offhand and polite way that Ensworth does not measure up academically to MBA. I answer in a very clear and more forthright way that those remarks are innappropriate and that saying something nasty in a polite way does not make it any less nasty. Some of the remarks seemed to politely imply that the young man in question might not be able to "make it" academically at MBA and to this I reply foul. As long as you reply, I will probably be here to answer. Taking sports boards too seriously is ridiculous and wise people should not under estimate the fun that they offer. Life is difficult and we need to have fun when possible. Thank-you for your attention.

This type of insightful post makes me wish that you were not stuck in the "pariah's division", so that more people could enjoy and learn from your post. It was both interesting and fun to read.

This type of insightful post makes me wish that you were not stuck in the "pariah's division", so that more people could enjoy and learn from your post. It was both interesting and fun to read.

Thank you very much for your kind words. I'd be much happier if Tennessee had 3 championships, and MBA was in Dist 11-AAA with Ryan and Overton and the rest, and only one went into the playoffs. That made for an exciting and meaningful regular season.