3A Dyer Co. @ 1A Huntingdon

GoldStandard

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The High School game will kick off at 7:30 pm on Thursday night. The Middle School homecoming game against Camden is moved up to 5 pm. Tell everyone you know.

Thanks Mustang..I was told unofficially at 7 pm but I'll go with you at 7:30..If u can ..maybe let us know about the weather around 4:30 or 5:00

Good game by the Mustangs tonight. Our defense was the key to the game. On the 1st drive Holder had 85 yds after being pinned inside the 10 on the opening kickoff. The 1st team "O" didn't play much the 2nd half. Only to get us out of a hole and flip the field. If you don't have much of a run threat then that lets the "D" able to turn loose.

Dyer County has some good athletes and they are really young. Most of their team is sophs so they'll be reckoned with for the next two years. Hats off to Coach Swenson and Coach Miller for getting the defense ready for the air assault. I didn't hear the post game show but someone said they had only 85 yds total offense.

Some heavy hitting going on tonight. The Pigskin Pals will meet tomorrow at 5:15 to discuss which game we'll be attending. Going to be a wet night.. :roll:

Does anybody know holders stats for the year??

West Tn team stats are in the Jackson Sun today and each Friday. He carried the ball once in the 2nd half. He carried the ball 3 times for 3 td's against Bruceton for 129 yds and only played for the 1st quarter. Offensive line does the dirty work without many accolades... :popcorneater:

Good game by the Mustangs tonight. Our defense was the key to the game. On the 1st drive Holder had 85 yds after being pinned inside the 10 on the opening kickoff. The 1st team "O" didn't play much the 2nd half. Only to get us out of a hole and flip the field. If you don't have much of a run threat then that lets the "D" able to turn loose.

Dyer County has some good athletes and they are really young. Most of their team is sophs so they'll be reckoned with for the next two years. Hats off to Coach Swenson and Coach Miller for getting the defense ready for the air assault. I didn't hear the post game show but someone said they had only 85 yds total offense.

Some heavy hitting going on tonight. The Pigskin Pals will meet tomorrow at 5:15 to discuss which game we'll be attending. Going to be a wet night.. :popcorneater:

I was surprised at the score..not Huntingdon winning but I posted before the game that Dyer Co had lost their running back early in the season and both starting receivers that I thought were playing didn't play at all.Marcus Parr,the kid I talked about catching 15 passes last week didnt play and the other starting receiver,the Vaughn kid didn't play.The punter was out,although the kid they had last night did a good good.Dylan Dye ,the quarterback really didnt have any body to throw to and the backs out..wasnt a lot he could do..I heard Dyer Co had 10 players out of the game that had started at some point this year.But still..too much Huntingdon..I believe they are the team to beat from our end ..And if Holden doenst win Mr.Football ..will be a shame with the teams he's faced.Milan,Westview,Camden etc.And pulling him out early in a lot of games..Not sure if the pollsters from middle and east tenn will look at that..I heard the announcers from Dyer Co talking on the radio last night..that Huntingdon should pull him and the starters out..that the game didnt really mean anything..And a chance he could get hurt..Always a chance to get hurt..I may would have played him half ot the 3rd quarter..made sure he got his yardage..plus some...Years ago when Lake Co won the state,Lake Co had a player named Kenny Flagg..Lake Co pulled him out in about every game at the half..Played some tough teams then..ECS..Bruceton..etc..He finished with about or close to 1500 yards that year..South Pittsburg had a running back ,Johnny Cisco that had maybe 1700 yards that year.Lake Co played South Pitt that year in the State Championship and pretty well held Cisco down..He broke 1 long run for about 70 yards but I dont think he had a hundred yards for the game..Kenny Flagg finished with about about 160 yards and was named M.V.P. of the state championship..A lot of times I just don't think a player from this area will get the votes if a player from middle and east tenn.has better stats..even if it may be against weaker teams.I'd always make sure he got his stats before he is pulled.!I know it's a team game and Huntingdon has a bigger picture in mind..but would be nice to grab it all..!

mrbigster.. thanks for the nice comments.. Holder is much deserving of the Mr. Football award along with Ashenbachker (sp?) #44 from Jo Byrns and I'm sure South Pitt has a couple of backs that are deserving too.

Swenson did pulll his starters for the 2nd half. Defense stayed in until the 4th quarter though. The only time the 1st team got in on offense was to flip the field and then they came out. The Mustangs took a knee at the half and then at the end of the game to not score. So I don't think anybody should complain if they did about the starters being in. Anyways we're glad to get this game over. It scared me to death.

Maybe DC was like us against Camden. We had several out that week with the flu but they all played but just didn't have any spunk. I'm sure Camden had a part in that though.. :thumb: