Class AAA Playoff Bracketology

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy the AAA playoff quads will have a big shake-up now with Cannon County defeating Smith County 32-10. How will this effect things?

Smith will still be district champs with overall record. However, this does change seeding in the bracket which helps Cannon and Hurts Smith. Smith drops to a 3 seed and Cannon moves to i think a 5 or 6 seed.

Boy the AAA playoff quads will have a big shake-up now with Cannon County defeating Smith County 32-10. How will this effect things?

Smith will still be district champs with overall record. However, this does change seeding in the bracket which helps Cannon and Hurts Smith. Smith drops to a 3 seed and Cannon moves to i think a 5 or 6 seed.

I don't think so. SC would be no worse than a 2 seed if they beat YAI. If Bledsoe wins out...and they are in the same quad...they could be the 1 seed. That is...if their win over Faith Covenant counts. I doubt it does.

I was unaware that Lewis County has already beaten Hickman County this season. That wins puts the Panthers in great shape at getting an automatic bid in the future.

If the Class 3A Playoffs began this week then here would be the list of automatic bids based on their standing in the districts:

Elizabethton

Sullivan North

Cumberland Gap

West Greene

Gatlinburg Pittman

Austin East

Alcoa

CAK

Polk County

McMinn Central

Tyner

Bledsoe County

Sequatchie County

Smith County

Cannon County

Goodpasture

East Literature

Camden

Cheatham County

Fairview

Lewis County

Milan

Manassas

Booker T. Washington

The reason why both Gatlinburg Pittman & Austin East would go as automatic bids is that they would finish 1st & 2nd in the district and if that happens then both do get the automatic bid as oppose to one of them having to hope for a "wild card" berth into the playoffs.

That would only leave 8 spots to get "wild card" berths instead of the 9 spots that everyone in 3A hopes for by not having those 2 teams finish 1st & 2nd in the district or having JCM finish 1st or 2nd in their district.

HOPE THIS INFORMATION HELPS :thumb:

this is not right either stewart county would have the automatic over cheatham there current record is 6-2 (3-2) with a win over cheatham county. but other than that i think it is good this means there will be 24 automatics and 8 wild cards so now the question is who gets the home playoff games out of this group because there will be 8 teams that are automatics who have to travel.

man...if one of those brackets are true, then that is a tough few weeks for mcminn central...at alcoa in week 9, and back to alcoa in the first round!

Don't worry, I don't think McMinn Central would get by CAK in the first round, so no need to face Alcoa twice. :thumb:

Bee Cee ..hit dont matter....Tha Naders will run thru them like a dose ov sauce thru an old widder woman.... :thumb:

man...if one of those brackets are true, then that is a tough few weeks for mcminn central...at alcoa in week 9, and back to alcoa in the first round!

Don't worry, I don't think McMinn Central would get by CAK in the first round, so no need to face Alcoa twice. :blink:

Bee Cee ..hit dont matter....Tha Naders will run thru them like a dose ov sauce thru an old widder woman.... :thumb:

Yu tell'm STARS! :thumb:

Don't worry, I don't think McMinn Central would get by CAK in the first round, so no need to face Alcoa twice. :thumb:

i was saying if one of those previous brackets where correct...one of the brackets had alcoa hosting central in the first round...but thanks for your concern!

I would love for Manassas to play Milan 1st round!!! It won't be like old times tho!!! lol!!

i would love to see it too. although i would be walking toward the gate about mid 3rd qtr. due to the mercy rule being in effect because the dawgs were trouncing you guys. dude you just don't know what's gonna hit you when your up against the best non private in west tenn. :blush:

I would love for Manassas to play Milan 1st round!!! It won't be like old times tho!!! lol!!

i would love to see it too. although i would be walking toward the gate about mid 3rd qtr. due to the mercy rule being in effect because the dawgs were trouncing you guys. dude you just don't know what's gonna hit you when your up against the best non private in west tenn. :D

The best non private in West Tn? Are you serious. You guys have a great program and have for years. I love the way the town supports your team and on Friday night you guys have not just a game, but an event. Also, you have been kicking inner city Memphis teams' rear ends for years, and we all know it. But you are a far cry from the best non private team in West TN. That purple cool aid they are feeding you is impairing your judgement. At the 3A-4A level, you have earned the right to make that statement and year in-year out it is true. But, you wouldn't beat Germantown, Whitehaven, Mitchell, or White Station. They simply have many more bigger faster players and each would beat Milan, therfore, you are not the best non-private in West TN.

As Far as Manassas goes, all of you West Tn teams think Manassas is the same program that used to ride up the road for a $2000 check, some pizza, and a whoopin. That was 5 years ago, and a bunch has changed. You have the established program and history, so you would certainly be the favorite, but if you think Manassas can't beat you, then you are in for a big surprise. Keep underestimating them and you will be walking torward the gate in the fourth quarter with with a crow's tail sticking out your big ole mouth!

like i said, best team in west tenn. people in west tenn don't even consider memphis part of west tenn, it's like a state within a state. pretty sure little ole milan could hold their own against your big 4. manassas might as well stay home and we'll send them a check and some wildhog bbq. believe me they would feel alot better the next day. :roflol: