Farragut at Bearden

murfbound

What happened to Bearden?? Will they fall out of the top 10???? Wow??? Overrated????

Who cares if Bearden falls out of the top 10? Yes, anyone who has seen them play could see what was coming. It was almost as brutal as last year's 5A semifinal on the east side of the bracket.

Unbelievably, at least one uninformed poster on this board saw the Bulldogs as the better team: "I will go with Bearden, for I do not think that Maryville is ready for Big Time 6A football yet."

Brilliant!!

Despite being without Williamson, I expect a much better performance from Bearden against Farragut. The kids from both schools will play their guts out in this one. Here's hoping for a close, injury-free game!

Funny Cletus...clever....good post...would like to see you in playoffs....good luck

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember reading that one of Bearden's DEs, I think, got hurt earlier this year, but can't remember the extent of the injury. Is he still out?

With Hudson back at RB full time, working Bass in the defense will help with the rotation at OLB. I hope the rest of the LB's get straightened out. Those guys need to start making some plays. Farragut's defense has not been able to come up with many turnovers this season, which had kept them on the field too long. Browning seems to throw 1 pick a game, plus Purty has fumbled some. If they can get the turnover margin turned around, and now that Riverdale has brought them back down to Earth, I think this team may go far this year.

I remember reading that one of Bearden's DEs, I think, got hurt earlier this year, but can't remember the extent of the injury. Is he still out?

With Hudson back at RB full time, working Bass in the defense will help with the rotation at OLB. I hope the rest of the LB's get straightened out. Those guys need to start making some plays. Farragut's defense has not been able to come up with many turnovers this season, which had kept them on the field too long. Browning seems to throw 1 pick a game, plus Purty has fumbled some. If they can get the turnover margin turned around, and now that Riverdale has brought them back down to Earth, I think this team may go far this year.

i believe you are right about the defense. they've not forced nearly as many turnovers as last year, but still played solid. davis tull was the kid lost for the year for bearden but the DE #80 was also out earlier this year but he is back now. your memory may be skewed a little about the offense. reese has only 2 INTs so far and deandre's only fumble was against west. the offense has only given it up 5 times total this year.

When the economy is down, so is the trash talking....looks like we got more important things to worry about than message board postings....on that note, I just don't see Bearden winning this year. There 1st 5 games of the year were cupcakes and now that they have come to the meat of their schedule, we will see what the Bulldogs are made up. The loss of Davis Tull hurt more than most people know. The kid was a playmaker on both sides of the ball. Without him as a WR target, most teams can focus in on Devrin and hope to contain him. He is a little hammpered by a linguring groin injury. Tommorow night should be a great game. Anytime that Bearden and Farragut face each other, it will be an all out BATTLE!!! Good luck to both teams

Has anyone seen the news on what Farragut's finest did to the Bearden stadium and field? Check out yahoo local news. One football player, and one student arrested.

As a Farragut supporter, I couldn't be more disappointed. Rivalry turned to vandalism is ugly and this is the ugliest. I know precisely how "Bearden's finest" must feel. Unfortunately for both schools this has gone unchecked for too long. Your post implies Farragut is to blame, and in this instance, you're correct. But to put this in perspective, Bearden students have been guilty of precisely the same crime. Only in the last few weeks has the Farragut stadium and field been returned to pre-vandalism condition after last year's criminal offense by Bearden. Comments in the electronic news provide a number of solutions/punishments. Perhaps a more positive solution would be for the booster clubs and other supporters of both teams to take an active interest in their rivals stadiums and fields. Let's say that Farragut fans participate in Bearden's spring cleanup day and vice versa.

Has anyone seen the news on what Farragut's finest did to the Bearden stadium and field? Check out yahoo local news. One football player, and one student arrested.

As a Farragut supporter, I couldn't be more disappointed. Rivalry turned to vandalism is ugly and this is the ugliest. I know precisely how "Bearden's finest" must feel. Unfortunately for both schools this has gone unchecked for too long. Your post implies Farragut is to blame, and in this instance, you're correct. But to put this in perspective, Bearden students have been guilty of precisely the same crime. Only in the last few weeks has the Farragut stadium and field been returned to pre-vandalism condition after last year's criminal offense by Bearden. Comments in the electronic news provide a number of solutions/punishments. Perhaps a more positive solution would be for the booster clubs and other supporters of both teams to take an active interest in their rivals stadiums and fields. Let's say that Farragut fans participate in Bearden's spring cleanup day and vice versa.

This situation is just like every other one involving Farragut. Farragut does something and there's outrage. Someone does something to Farragut and it's funny, amusing, and deserved.. go figure. I mean if you see the pictures on http://www.wbir.com, you can't help but laugh. They are quite hilarious.

First and foremost I want to say I am sorry to the Bearden fans, coaches, and players. From a former player and my son played at Farragut. I have played in and watch this rivalry game for many of years. I can understand having a little fun but to me this is going way over board. To vandalize there Memorial Garden is very dishearting which commemorates Bearden fallen former students- both military and civilian students. I understand that this happened to Farraguts football field a fews ago by Bearden but this does make it ok for Farragut to go and do the same. You have to show what you are made up of as a person and player on the field not by doing this.

Truely unbelieveable. What started several years ago as painting the game field has grow to felony vandalism. It is really an indictment of the prevailing attitudes by a lot of young people in West Knoxville. A huge sense of entitlement, with no fear of the consequences. I agree that a little paint on the field, that will disappear when the grass is cut, just makes you smile and shake your head. But the desecration of a Memorial erected to honor the memory of the passing of a student is beyond my understanding. I doubt that the students involved intended it as such, but that's the point, they didn't really think about it. You see it all the time at Farragut. Players do pretty much whatever they want because they know there are no consequences. Last week during pre-game I noticed one of the back up RB's was not out early with the specialty teams. I asked some of the people around me, thinking he may have gotten injured during the week, but nobody knew anything about it. Later that weekend I asked one of the players I saw what the deal was, he said "Oh so and so just didn't feel like going down early". Yet he played in the first series. I'm not laying the blame for what happened at Bearden on the Farragut coaching staff because because they can not control things that happen away from the school, and ultimately it boils down to how the kid was raised. But, I wish there was a little more discipline shown toward the players.