Oak Ridge @ Karns

tnchad1980

well I m not going to post certain kids names but, the freshman class had 11 to 15 kids that could have stayed, Bigtuna the only stupid rednecks are guys like you that want to support such a bs staff at the exspense of the kids. further more we had a chance to score in the last few seconds of halls and could not even get a play in to tell you the truth at this point I have only 3 more games to support the karns team an will not attend another game until changes are made, drama has not one thing to do with my posting it entirely as to do with the fact that I have supported this team year in an out with the same results, there as been parents talk to the admin but you know if they hire whoever they have to support them regardless kinda makes them look stupid if they give into every ones complaints the admin should be able to figure out they have the wrong formula. Oh by the way the last I heard Dees has played the whole season. Keep your rose colored glasses on my freind and the only reason people think we are idiots or rednecks has to do with the fact that we allow our program to be run like it has been and trully have the nerve to have someone like you post the fact that you think we can beat teams that have winning traditions. Oh ya we did beat DB 5 years ago. it doesn't take allot of football knowledge to know that our football team is not very well coached.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No last week was homecoming at Karns. We lost 39-0. It was very disappointing. Well I've been reading the back & forth comments again and it seems like Balleret has confirmed what BigTuna has suggested several times - if there's a problem at Karns it really lies with the school administration and they're the only ones who can address it. As far as beating a 1st class local team, it may sound improbable but have you ever read that David & Goliath thing in the bible? Or you might want to look up a 1st round football playoff victory by Christian Academy of Knoxville about 5 years ago on the road against a 10-0 Cloudland team that was rated number 1 in the state.

A similar thing may not happen tonight but it's certainly possible ..........

Bring on those 'Cats & Go Karns!

Mr. Balleret - as far as you coming to the game, have you ever heard the phrase "With friends like you who needs enemies?" Have a great day win or lose.

not looking to be your freind, looking to help our young men get the help they need. you can say what you want but the fact still remains that we have great talent at our school, look at the basketball team, baseball and the sport that is really showing you what a little coaching and attitude can do RUGBY, I guess what gets me more than anything is the fact that topraymore and bigtuna seem to be on the same ban wagon get some sense and help us get the football team someone that will help the kids, whats crazy to me is when you sit in the stands the parents of certain players ###### and complain how terrible it is (these kids play) and things need to change but, none of them seem to follow through with their complaints. SO I AM NOT THE ONLY GUY, I JUST HAPPEN TO BE THE ONLY ONE THAT VOICES THE WAY I FEEL AND I HAVE DONE SO TO THE AD MORE THAN ONCE, so say what you will but, when the football team starts winning like the other sports do I will support whoever the coach is, just saying the ones we have now has not shown their ability to do that.

Dude, are you trying to say that the Karns Little League organization is filled with a bunch of illiterate rednecks too? :thumb:

Well the sun just came out here in Western Karns - which has now been inappropriately named HVA West. It could be God laughing at this Karns situation or it could be Him deciding to smile on us Karnsites as we go up against the mighty 'Cats. It could get depressing but I'm sure glad it's Friday Night Football time again!

Karns 28 - OR 27 in a shocker.

So, I know nothing of Karns other than the scores of their previous games. But let's look at the scouting reports provided by Karns followers (intintional or otherwise). One poster says Karns' line was overmatched by Halls by a good amount. I think Oak Ridge stacks up to Halls line fairly well (understatement). In the rain, games are won in the trenches and by turnovers. I'll make no comment on Oak Ridge's defensive front seven. Let me know after the game what you all think.

On the other hand, there is an arguement that Karns' coaching is weak. Supposedly Halls learned a lot about Karns' weaknesses on film. Well, wait till you meet Scott Blade. Outside of George Quarles, you won't find a better prepared coach. Again, outside of Quarles, I've never seen a coach that has as much to do with the play of the game. All talent being even, I'll take Oak Ridge just because of Coach Blade. With all respect to the Karns players, I've heard nothing to make me think the players are equal. I don't believe Oak Ridge will be looking ahead.

The weather can be a great equalizer, but not tonight. Rip me later if I'm wrong, but I say Oak Ridge 34 Karns 6.

This is an excellent assessment. But due to relentless rain and lightning we'll have to wait until 6:00PM Saturday to see what happens. I know I'm overly optimistic but I've either gotta believe in Karns or root against the kids I've grown to love. I stick with Karns 28 - OR 27 in a shocker.

I was at the "game" last night and was in the stands when the postponement came. My issue is that..the fans werent told to the VERY last minute to "take cover" (that is the words he said) before all of us from OR could get out of the stands we were soaked and fighting the wind. It was honestly a pretty scarey moment when youre in the middle of the school yard and the wind about knocks you over. What really upsets me is that the concession stands had closed up and the bands had been told already...but the fans in the stands were the last to know! Is this a common practice? I dont think that was right at all!

I was at the "game" last night and was in the stands when the postponement came. My issue is that..the fans werent told to the VERY last minute to "take cover" (that is the words he said) before all of us from OR could get out of the stands we were soaked and fighting the wind. It was honestly a pretty scarey moment when youre in the middle of the school yard and the wind about knocks you over. What really upsets me is that the concession stands had closed up and the bands had been told already...but the fans in the stands were the last to know! Is this a common practice? I dont think that was right at all!

You are correct tnchad! Karns should have done a better job at letting the fans know bad weather was on the way!

At the Clinton game last night, they announced that some bad weather was in Oliver Springs and was heading this way (Clinton) and told the fans where to take cover! So by the time the storm hit, i think everyone had left the stands and had taken cover somewhere!

I think Oak Ridge will roll today! Im picking OR 28-6!

Well I have been watching the discussion thread between Balleret and Big Tuna and frankly I know we all just want to see Karns become successful at Football once again.. Once again??? Yes, there was a time..believe it or not... I am a Karns grad who played in the youth leagues for Karns in the 70's and early 80's.. I only managed 1 year in the HS program due to the leadership of coach Wayne T. Stiles, Coach Cathy and Sims etc all of whom tried I guess but just didnt give much to the Freshman team.. We were county middle school Champions, Champions in the John Tarleton leagues for years on end during those periods. We always played CBFO well or even won, From 1981-1987 Karns had enough talent to compete and win win the Oak Ridge's and Farraguts of the world..What happened is that 1/2 the athletes played and the other half due to our own immaturity at age 14-15 didnt stick it out due to our HORRIBLE leadership from administration and coaches. THAT IS A PURE FACT..In the early 70's Karns had a very good coach named Howard "red" Wells whose children either went on to teach at Karns in some capacity or play at Karns, His daughter Kim was a starter on the 1979 Girls State Runner-up team in BBall that lost the title game to Nashville Pearl. Coach Wells had previously won a state football title in Mississippi and lead Karns to a number of strong seasons in the early 70's and was the driving force behind why Karns youth leagues became strong at the time. Coach Wells left the position sometime around 1975 because he found he could make alot mmore money in the athletic supplies business. He lived in Karns until his death several years ago. Since the retirement of Coach Wells Karns has has maybe 2 winning seasons, countless head coaches etc. In addition to losing some talent to the HVA opening Karns loses many other players to other private schools like Grace Christian and Webb and even Catholic. I have 2 nephews who are zoned for Karns but who start for both Grace and Webb respectively, both have been named player of the week in the area from one service or another this season..Karns talent is simply depleted because there is no continuity at the high school in leadership which trickles into losing good youth league players early to Pilot and other teams to escape the mediocrity at KArns...In the end,..Balleret is correct...Big Tuna is living in a fantasy world if he thinks Karns will ever win without major changes in AD leadership and coaching...I truly think it would also help if some Karns Alumni who were financially well off would dump some resources into facilities...Hey Tom and Rocky...I know you've done alot already but you might be able to change this thing...Well enough of what I think Go Big Bad Blue..And for gosh sakes our colors are Blue and Gold not Blue and White.

Sorry you got wet. The TV broadcast I heard before leaving for the game had the bad weather cell in Wartburg traveling Northeast. Apparently that wasn't the only cell coming through. It's nice for the announcers to broadcast messages regarding weather if/when they can but from looking at the sky and feeling the wind pick up it was pretty obvious to me that things were about to get ugly, at least from the vantage point of the Karns stands. Before the mass exodus started I told my group to head for cover and we got to a dry place just as it broke. As far as I know Karns has never purposefully withheld information in order to attempt to drown the other team and/or it's fans. ;) The odd thing to me about that storm was that even though it looked ominous there was no threatening lightning whatsoever. If I knew who you were I'd buy you a hot dog and a Coke as a gesture of good will from the Karns community. I don't know what the forecast is for this evening but you might want to bring your poncho just in case. Perhaps the satellite concession stand closed (I don't know that it was even open) but if the home side concession stand closed it was just for a few minutes when the wind was so strong and blowing the rain into the stand. In fact, that's where the refs took cover. See you tonight?