Blue Ridge Atheletic Conference

"My daughter is on that team"! How dare you state the truth! Only us folks with kids on the team get a voice. WELL I HAVE SPOKEN, SO GET OVER IT!!! IF THEY DON'T WALK AWAY WITH A CHAMPIONSHIP, THEY ARE A BIGGER JOKE THAN I THOUGHT!!!!!@ :unsure: BY THE WAY,I was through with my this post a long ago, but it was renewed by others, so I had to respond!!!!.....

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ghs1fan - If my memory serves me there were not a many excellent Knoxville teams last year. The east tn teams that went to Murfreesboro were South Green and Betsy. SG winning dist 1 and EHS winning the regional. They both beat the Knoxville area teams in the sectionals and advanced to the Boro.

greenevillefan91- Itt seems to me that greeneville lost a HOF game to SG last year and has lost to both Betsy and SG this year.

BOTH OF YOU NEED TO RESPECT YOU OPPONENTS

I have girls on both the Greeneville and South Greene HS teams that play AAU for me. They play great basketball with really contrasting styles. IMHO Greeneville would have swept SG if not for an injury. However, injuries are part of it. Both teams are strong 1-5 with an untested bench. I have no idea why anyone would be-little either team. There are some excellent players and great kids on both teams! I personally know 7 of the 10 starters for these 2 teams and they can compete with any team- any class! May not win but are certainly not mediocre or a joke!

ghs1fan - If my memory serves me there were not a many excellent Knoxville teams last year. The east tn teams that went to Murfreesboro were South Green and Betsy. SG winning dist 1 and EHS winning the regional. They both beat the Knoxville area teams in the sectionals and advanced to the Boro.

greenevillefan91- Itt seems to me that greeneville lost a HOF game to SG last year and has lost to both Betsy and SG this year.

Actually, I don't!

Voice, I have great respect for all of our opponents, especially South Greene and Elizabethton. GHS has split with both of them this season and we know they are formidable opponents. I think if you will check the very few posts I have ever made that you will see that I have never been disrespectful to anyone (even gv91 when he/she personally attacks the kids) or any team. If there was something that I have said that was disrespectful, I do apologize as that was not my intent. If anything I was defending the quality of AA basketball since gv91 was trashing it.

I just have to step up when I see someone personally name-calling young ladies "jokes" and "worst team ever." I'm not very CoachT savvy but can't a person be blocked removed for personal attacks?

IMO - The Blue Ridge Conference is offering the best level of excitment this season in East TN. Greeneville and South Greene continue their city-county battle, and Chuckey-Doak is hot on their heels and actually won an exciting game over the weekend. The title will come down to who wants it the most and who can remain the healthest during post season play. We're seeing some younger girls stepping up their play as the season continues. Can't wait to see how the championship turns out!

Greeneville did win the conference fair and square, but I'm still sticking to my comment about them being the worst Greeneville team in the last twenty years. Yes, Greenville did what they had to do and beat their competition this year, but IF you put them on the court against the last twenty Lady Devil teams, they would be 4-15 if that. Congratulations to the Devils on the season title. I'm still not sold on this team. I want to see what they do in the post season.

Greeneville did win the conference fair and square, but I'm still sticking to my comment about them being the worst Greeneville team in the last twenty years. Yes, Greenville did what they had to do and beat their competition this year, but IF you put them on the court against the last twenty Lady Devil teams, they would be 4-15 if that. Congratulations to the Devils on the season title. I'm still not sold on this team. I want to see what they do in the post season.

Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree then because I still contend that this year's team is not any better or worse than the past Lady Devil teams - just way different. For many years the program has been geared towards 1 maybe 2 people to do most of the scoring and of course for everyone to play ferocious defense. The defensive strategy has not changed, nor should it. But this year, all of the starting 5 are strong offensively and can score in double figures. Every time they have had 3 or more of them to do it, they have won by large margins, allowing the JV to get their playing time. This team is becoming more consistent in this area right now AND at just the right time.

I'm sure the girls on the team probably don't appreciate nor do they need your very reluctant congratulations especially when preceded by all those insults and followed by all those doubts. Why bother? Other than to make a high school kid feel bad ... and I don't think you can say you weren't insulting the kids' talents personally because personnel is the only part of the equation that has changed in the last 5 years.

So here is another Congratulations (a sincere one) to the 2009-10 GHS Lady Devils! They are extremely talented, great kids with huge hearts, have a super work ethic. Not one of them has EVER been a discipline problem, been jealous of another players success or complained about playing time. They really understand the meaning of no "I" in TEAM. So, in retrospect, this does make them VERY different from some (definitely not all) of the former Lady Devil teams.

This is my view. If you take it as a personal attack, that is your perspective. The thing about commenting on a board is usually it is a person's opinion. If I would have said (and I am) this is the most wonderful team in Greeneville High's history, most people would let it go. I have an opinion, I have stated it, and I personally stand by it. Like it or not.... :hungry: