Who has the best facilities?

Watson

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hutchison School in Memphis is began the process last week of adding another multi-purpose Soccer/Lacrosse Field to its campus. The new field will be made of artificial turf and feature a larger playing surface and improved seating for fans. The field should be ready in time for the 2010 Soccer season.

Congratulations! Briarcrest will look forward to playing on it! :popcorneater:

Briarcrest still has, in my humble opinion, one of the best soccer fields in the city with a good field, ample seating, and the nice new soccer fieldhouse recently built. Looking forward to the Fall season!

Hutchison School in Memphis is began the process last week of adding another multi-purpose Soccer/Lacrosse Field to its campus. The new field will be made of artificial turf and feature a larger playing surface and improved seating for fans. The field should be ready in time for the 2010 Soccer season.

Congratulations! Briarcrest will look forward to playing on it! :thumb:

Briarcrest still has, in my humble opinion, one of the best soccer fields in the city with a good field, ample seating, and the nice new soccer fieldhouse recently built. Looking forward to the Fall season!

Thanks! Briarcrest no doubt has a first class facility. I am just looking forward to us having stable field conditions, no matter the weather (too many rainouts this past year). It should have all the modern amenities that Briarcrest and other newer facilities have.

• 5 months later...

I'll put our field at Oak Ridge up against any in the state. The concessions was already mentioned, which are catered and awesome, but the work done on the field and having it as a soccer only facility make it special. And we actually have a major renovation project in the plans to make it more fan friendly with covered picnic areas, new entrance, and new concession area and bathrooms. Props to all the people working hard behind the scenes to make this happen. And I haven't even posted the pictures of all the work done to our locker room. G, I call the first couch, you can get the second one, just as long as we don't watch a replay of any of our old games on the flat screen. :popcorneater:

I'll put our field at Oak Ridge up against any in the state. The concessions was already mentioned, which are catered and awesome, but the work done on the field and having it as a soccer only facility make it special. And we actually have a major renovation project in the plans to make it more fan friendly with covered picnic areas, new entrance, and new concession area and bathrooms. Props to all the people working hard behind the scenes to make this happen. And I haven't even posted the pictures of all the work done to our locker room. G, I call the first couch, you can get the second one, just as long as we don't watch a replay of any of our old games on the flat screen. :popcorneater:

I will concur with Akula. OR has outstanding facilities. I think the grass is too thick (but that is just a personal preference. I like the very low and fast bermuda). The stands are great (not too big, just right size for typical soccer crowds). Locker room is now top notch. Thanks to some generous parents and donors, it has become something that many teams would love to have.

CAK has done a TON to its fields. With new covered benches, 2 story press box, and wind screens behind the goals, it has become one of the top fields in the state. Along with Webb (which could use some lights) and OR, I think the best. Coach Pharr does a GREAT job with the surface. Parents and donors have really gone above and beyond to make it as good as it is. Our locker room is fantastic, though I like OR's size better than ours (ours gets a bit cramped with a full squad). They also don't have fancy couches like Akula does, either.

Akula, I'll bring the popcorn.

Since we are talking about facilities. We are looking to put covered benches on our field with a small locker room/Hallway in the back area. Is there anyone that has seen this or done this that can give some insight to cost or design? Smart idea or stupid idea? Anything would be appreciated.

Since we are talking about facilities. We are looking to put covered benches on our field with a small locker room/Hallway in the back area. Is there anyone that has seen this or done this that can give some insight to cost or design? Smart idea or stupid idea? Anything would be appreciated.

We JUST completed this. If you want to give me an e mail, I can send you the approx costs that we had. CAKsoccer@gmail.com

Since everyone is looking for more to talk about on here, this is always a favorite topic.....

As more schools are getting their own fields (we here at Ravenwood now have our own field and are in the process of doing a lot of things to make it top shelf - sound system, dugouts, etc...) who has the best facility to play at?

I'll start it off by saying that the Greater Cleveland Soccer Complex where Cleveland High plays their games is an unreal facility. The field is huge, has a wonderful surface, they have international dugouts, they have an announcers booth at half line, and many other things. It is an awesome place to play.

I like Baylor, McMinn, and Cleveland. I was really surprised as to how nice McMinns fields turned out. Lights, coverered team seating, concessions, music, and one of the nicest playing surfaces I believe you can have. :thumb: Cleveland has always impressed me.

I have not been to all the different facilities, but I do like these:

CAK - The atmosphere is great, wonderful fans and a very nice physical plant.

Webb - Wonderful field, but it needs lights.

Oak Ridge - Just an all around great facility

For a shared facility, The Alcoa Boys field is good.

They have also done a ton of work on the Alcoa girls field in making it wider and improving the grass. It does have lights which is a real advantage.

:motorbike: