Hampton VS Unaka

dogbreath

I believe Hampton is going to play Unaka Fri. but I wish it was Cosby so we could listen to their coaches cry for weeks that Hampton holds and chopblocks their little 100 lb. boys.

Cosby hasn't cried or complained in 4 defeats as much as yall complained after 1 last year. Bragg all you want about tackling 130 pound freshmen d lineman! They were freshmen , they do weigh about 130 , and you did tackle them all night. But pooch kicking the ball isn't against the rules and YOU whined more about that than I ever have about how bad you guys hold. (which is against the rules) I hope Unaka beats yall , it won't happen but it would be funny. When yall get in the playoffs against a good team with officials that wont let your o line put the d line in a sleeper hold all night your gonna get humbled pretty quick.

Least we will be in the playoffs. :thumb:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Hampton is going to play Unaka Fri. but I wish it was Cosby so we could listen to their coaches cry for weeks that Hampton holds and chopblocks their little 100 lb. boys.

Cosby hasn't cried or complained in 4 defeats as much as yall complained after 1 last year. Bragg all you want about tackling 130 pound freshmen d lineman! They were freshmen , they do weigh about 130 , and you did tackle them all night. But pooch kicking the ball isn't against the rules and YOU whined more about that than I ever have about how bad you guys hold. (which is against the rules) I hope Unaka beats yall , it won't happen but it would be funny. When yall get in the playoffs against a good team with officials that wont let your o line put the d line in a sleeper hold all night your gonna get humbled pretty quick.

Least we will be in the playoffs. :thumb:

What makes you think we won't be? All we have to do is beat a winless North Greene and a Unaka team that hasn't beat us in 5 years. If yall slip up and lose to Unaka (highly unlikely but possible) and get beat by Cloudland (which is also possible) you won't be in the playoffs! I know most likely you guys win those games but your countin your chickens a little early dont ya think.

I know that Cosby better be ready for a tough ball game against Unaka, especially if they go with the big defensive front like they did against us. They won't be a pushover. I will make a suggestion if I may. The only way to get on Hampton's level is to coach the same way that Mike does. The one difference in the teams Mike coaches and other teams in the area is he gets his lineman to play harder. He puts a special emphasis on line play and he teaches his backs to run north and south. The best way to shut the Hampton fans up is to quietly build a war machine much like the way Hitler did with Nazi Germany. He had almost all of Europe before anyone knew what was happening. I would rather go into a season with a stable of studs that no one knew about without all the hype than to go into a season with the pressure of everyone knowing were good. One night, Cosby may drub Hampton 45-0 and they would never have seen it coming. Build your war machine with intense off season training and work on mental toughness and most of all be silent. All's quiet before the fire storm. :thumb:

Cosby and Unaka are about the same,Cloudland is better than either one. But sometimes strange things happen in football. The stats usually tell the true story. I'd go as far as to say Cloudland is 14 points better than either one. I'd give Cosby a slight edge over Unaka because they are at home. Don't think it really matters because either one will probably lose in the 1st round.

On the other hand ,I think Cloudland is capable of going to the 3rd round. If Hampton plays like they did in the 2ond half last week,they are pretty good. These boys might be understanding what it takes to dominate people. Hampton or anyone else is apt to lose at any time. The big thing is,as long as every player gives it they're best. You are a winner. Thats the kids I pull for,THE WINNERS.

I know that Cosby better be ready for a tough ball game against Unaka, especially if they go with the big defensive front like they did against us. They won't be a pushover. I will make a suggestion if I may. The only way to get on Hampton's level is to coach the same way that Mike does. The one difference in the teams Mike coaches and other teams in the area is he gets his lineman to play harder. He puts a special emphasis on line play and he teaches his backs to run north and south. The best way to shut the Hampton fans up is to quietly build a war machine much like the way Hitler did with Nazi Germany. He had almost all of Europe before anyone knew what was happening. I would rather go into a season with a stable of studs that no one knew about without all the hype than to go into a season with the pressure of everyone knowing were good. One night, Cosby may drub Hampton 45-0 and they would never have seen it coming. Build your war machine with intense off season training and work on mental toughness and most of all be silent. All's quiet before the fire storm. :thumb:

Hampton is not always going to have the most talent,but they will get the most out of the boys they have. Building a football program takes alot of things, most of it is done in the off season. The mental toughness is the hardest thing to teach. Alot never get it and some just have it. The coaches who can teach it are always the winners. Some teams have enough talent to get it done, in our area ,thats just not the case. Being a strong leader don't usually make you alot of friends,but it can get you alot of wins.Hampton will probably be pretty good year after year.

Cosby and Unaka are about the same,Cloudland is better than either one. But sometimes strange things happen in football. The stats usually tell the true story. I'd go as far as to say Cloudland is 14 points better than either one. I'd give Cosby a slight edge over Unaka because they are at home. Don't think it really matters because either one will probably lose in the 1st round.

On the other hand ,I think Cloudland is capable of going to the 3rd round. If Hampton plays like they did in the 2ond half last week,they are pretty good. These boys might be understanding what it takes to dominate people. Hampton or anyone else is apt to lose at any time. The big thing is,as long as every player gives it they're best. You are a winner. Thats the kids I pull for,THE WINNERS.

We've beat Cloudland 3 of the last 4 years and you still can't see that we might actually be a good team rather than lucky. The scoreboard has said we were better than them a lot here lately!

First and foremost, please explain to me how Cloudland is 14 points better than either Unaka or Cosby? I am not and will not take up for either Cosby or Unaka . If they would have lost to one or the other id say "yea you may be right it was a fluke". News flash since you people like that because im sure each and everyone of you read the famous Elizabethton Star :mrgreen: and love the truth, they LOST to BOTH. It is not like they man handled either team, if I recall both games where very close ending in a lose for the landers. Come on pujo give credit where credit is due! Now to Unaka and Hampton, anyone who knows football can see this is two totally different teams with different styles. Both do things neither like to defend, but for Hampton fans do not base everything off of the East game. They was playing without 3 starters (QB,Backup QB,and RB) you can thank Happy Valley for that, so this game is a smoking mirror and may give a false since of security. As for Unaka no one really knows how good they are. From reading and watching some they can be very good at times and not so good at times. As for a prediction I will not do that but I will say people could be surprised friday night or then again they may not.

We've beat Cloudland 3 of the last 4 years and you still can't see that we might actually be a good team rather than lucky. The scoreboard has said we were better than them a lot here lately!

Just stating my honest opinion, I'm sure the people who watched the game thought you were pretty fortunate. The same thing when Cloudland played Unaka.

Cloudland also got some big breaks against Happy Valley, if not for the Happy Valley mistakes,Cloudland would have got destroyed. Thats football.

First and foremost, please explain to me how Cloudland is 14 points better than either Unaka or Cosby? I am not and will not take up for either Cosby or Unaka . If they would have lost to one or the other id say "yea you may be right it was a fluke". News flash since you people like that because im sure each and everyone of you read the famous Elizabethton Star :mrgreen: and love the truth, they LOST to BOTH. It is not like they man handled either team, if I recall both games where very close ending in a lose for the landers. Come on pujo give credit where credit is due! Now to Unaka and Hampton, anyone who knows football can see this is two totally different teams with different styles. Both do things neither like to defend, but for Hampton fans do not base everything off of the East game. They was playing without 3 starters (QB,Backup QB,and RB) you can thank Happy Valley for that, so this game is a smoking mirror and may give a false since of security. As for Unaka no one really knows how good they are. From reading and watching some they can be very good at times and not so good at times. As for a prediction I will not do that but I will say people could be surprised friday night or then again they may not.

All you have to do is look at the stats in those games, Cloudland killed themselves in both.

As far as the game this week,I'm like you ,don't know what might happen. But I've got a pretty good feeling ,no one will be surprised.

Hey Ceasar, what happened to all the thee's and thou's? :mrgreen: I see you finally got caught up on the language of the 21st century. To think that Unaka even has a chance in this game is about as foolish as it gets. West Greene is not as good as Hampton and they hung 52 on Unaka. My pick is Hampton 48-0.