Hampton VS Unaka

dogbreath

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Job DAWGS, congrats to Taylor on 1000 yards. Hampton just enforced their will and ran all over the Rangers. The QB and the skill people from Unake were pretty good. Actually the whole team in general is better. They fought hard. The QB did get sacked a few times, sort of thought he might.

Enjoy the win and go back to work ,tough and important game next week.

Good Job DAWGS, congrats to Taylor on 1000 yards. Hampton just enforced their will and ran all over the Rangers. The QB and the skill people from Unake were pretty good. Actually the whole team in general is better. They fought hard. The QB did get sacked a few times, sort of thought he might.

Great job DOGS!!!

And yes congrats to Taylor way to go

I almost called it right I said Unaka - 9 & Hampton 42, Hampton could have made another TD, but I rather see the kids that were on the sidelines with clean jersey's get a little muddy before going home.

Good job to the Bulldogs. May be seeing ya next month pujo! Still some work to be done!

Good job to the Bulldogs. May be seeing ya next month pujo! Still some work to be done!

Can't think of a better bunch Smashmouth ,win or lose.Like you say we still have quite a bit of work to do.

Good job tonight dawgs :lol: . You guys stood your ground very well tonight, even though the field was nothing but a mud hole. I also think our line got a few sacks :roflol: . I only bring this up because Unaka said their QB wouldnt get touched, (especialy by Hampton) in the paper at the begining of the year :D . I will say that Unaka has improved vastly since last year though. Good job to Unaka for not quiting.

Congratulations to Adam Taylor on breaking 1000 yards tonight. Id say he will get a few more :lol: .

I'll make a guess, Hampton 42, Unaka 14. Think the second td will come againt the reserves.

We are close...I have 35-7

Yep ,same point spread.

We both missed it by 1 point,but it very easily could have been worse,Hampton's 3 turnovers would have probably been 3 more tds. Turnovers was the only thing that slowed them down. Could have scorecd again in the 4th ,but elected to play the younger kids. Hats of to Unaka ,they also put their young guys in, thats pretty unusual.

First and foremost, please explain to me how Cloudland is 14 points better than either Unaka or Cosby? I am not and will not take up for either Cosby or Unaka . If they would have lost to one or the other id say "yea you may be right it was a fluke". News flash since you people like that because im sure each and everyone of you read the famous Elizabethton Star :roflol: and love the truth, they LOST to BOTH. It is not like they man handled either team, if I recall both games where very close ending in a lose for the landers. Come on pujo give credit where credit is due! Now to Unaka and Hampton, anyone who knows football can see this is two totally different teams with different styles. Both do things neither like to defend, but for Hampton fans do not base everything off of the East game. They was playing without 3 starters (QB,Backup QB,and RB) you can thank Happy Valley for that, so this game is a smoking mirror and may give a false since of security. As for Unaka no one really knows how good they are. From reading and watching some they can be very good at times and not so good at times. As for a prediction I will not do that but I will say people could be surprised friday night or then again they may not.

AND THEN AGAIN

I'm really tired of hearing about the holding BS from eagle on every single post! It is BS plain and simple! I actually think the refs have been a little hard on the Dogs this year and have been a little bit ticky tack with all the penalties. As far a the Unaka game, I think the Dogs will run for as many yards as they want to. Unaka could have a little success passing because josh is pretty good, but they won't have much success there.

Not a single holding call on Hampton tonight, funny how different crews make a difference.

Two plays turned this game around. Unaka was leading 8-6 and appeared to block a punt that goes for a net 10 yards. Hampton doesn't down it and the Unaka player picks it up and runs for a touchdown. The throw a flag late, late, late only after they see the Unaka player is going to score for roughing the kicker. I looked like Unaka got a hand on the kick but everything was so muddy its hard to tell. Then after Hampton goes up 14-8 they kick off and Unaka fails to fall on the kick. That was the backbreaker.

PUJO and his army will lead you to believe that Unaka was never in the game but the unbiased Bulldog faithful know better. They need to give Unaka's quarterback and offensive line credit where credit is due. Considering how many times that tried to throw with field conditions like they were, Hampton only got to him a few times early in the second half. That was corrected after the first drive. Peterson did not take a sack at anytime rolling to his left and one of three sacks was a coverage sack. Unaka dropped five passes that hurt their chances but the difference in the game was Hampton's offensive line versus Unaka's defensive line. I never could understand with Hampton's size why Unaka didn't counter with their bigger defensive front instead of wating until the ball was inside the 10 to do so. The change helped you win against Cloudland. Why not try it some this week against Unicoi and see if it works? It sure can’t hurt.