Anderson County vs Karns

MavMaximus

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait a minute or I'll have to throw a flag for piling on. Karns may be reeling from consecutive defeats but I don't think they'll just lay down and let this AC guy pass for 400. As I recall, he had a real some real problems with the pressure brought by the OR defense. Since they didn't put any real pressure on the Karns QB I'm thinking that the AC O-line may not be that strong. Perhaps Coach Newberry will be able to dial up some blitzes that will make throwing it a bit more difficult for AC? As the initial poster said, Karns demonstrated the capability to play well in the Powell game. Hopefully we'll see it again this Friday, the final home game for this year's seniors. :roflol:

The reason OR d-line didn't get much pressure was the style of offense Karns runs. He catches the shotgun snap and throws it right away. Believe me, if he were to sit in the pocket and try to go through a progression of reads, he would have been sacked numerous times. When you have an O-line as small and slow as Karns, you have to catch it and throw it immediately. After seeing both teams in consecutive weeks, I don't think AC will have much trouble with Karns. They are very small and slow, not a good combination. AC should win big.

Wingman10 is the W for whipped or win just needed you to clairify. AC has some really good ball players that are physcial in their paly and we seen what a team like that done to us. Our boys are undersized and that makes it tough to compete sometimes, I see one more win for us against a team trying to find its identy.

we will have a better record then the past two years.

3-7 2009

1-9 2008

2-8 2007

3-7 2006

That is very impressive numbers, exspecially when you have every other school winning at least 1 out of 4 years.

Maybe Karns can get those guys on the schedule thats the problem you worry about what someone else does and not what we do who cares what those teams do records wise, ya thats it compare us to programs that have losing season after losing season. I guess that is the best we can do hope we are at the top of programs that struggle. Topraymore you felt we was going to be 5-5, that we are turning the page, we still can't beat a good teaam and as long as we play the way we do we won't.

If anyone thinks karns has a chance of beating AC, than your heading down the right path. I personally watch the Powell Panthers get out coached and loose a game they should have won at Anderson County on a Saturday. I love Anderson County's WR Wilson, one of the best around, but their lack of any kid of a running game (shovel passes dont count AC fans) and a defense that gives up big plays right and left, could keep Karns in the game late, and who knows what could happen if that is the case. I am not a fan of either team, but I feel this game could be a close one if Karns makes plays like they did in the Powell game a few weeks ago. Go get em Karns :thumb:

Thanks dude. It's nice to see someone else with a little Karns optimism around here. While it is hard for most teams to get from 2-6 to 5-5 who really cares? No one I know gives a pre-season prediction that their team will go 1-9. At this point every Friday is a one game season for Karns. Maybe they'll deal up a special Beaver brand of poison for that stud AC QB? Who's out there that roots for AC? What's their D look like?

BTW, I think the Pray guy's stats were meant as a response to this epitaph:

3-7 2009

1-9 2008

2-8 2007

3-7 2006

That is very impressive numbers, exspecially when you have every other school winning at least 1 out of 4 years.

Seemed like they represented 3 local exceptions to this declaration? But then again, who really cares about truth these days?

On the other hand, scheduling those guys seems like a great idea to stoke up at least a 5-5 season!

Did anyone read the Praymore devotional - looked pretty stout to me .................

OK Baller, deal us some poison.