Anderson County vs Karns

MavMaximus

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell the truth Mavmaximus, you were a little worried during the game weren't ya? considering that karns should have scored at the end of the first half on the fumble return but werent given a chance to run a play, and the fumble on the kick-off return late in the 3rd.. Got a feeling it was a little closer than AC fans would have liked, but to their credit, Matt Price's defense stepped up an made a hugh pick on the very next play so hats off to the AC defense. But i heard their offense was not impressive at all, especially Josh Wilson. Care to comment?

kidd, I haven't even tried to tax my feeble mind with all that stuff. I long for the simplicity of yesteryear, but I'd say you're correct.

As far as punches, again I didn't see any but I'm worried enough now that I'm gonna check to make sure that no one from AC was kicked out. If a player is kicked out, doesn't he have to miss the next game? Unfortunately for AC, 50jumper, and I'm not conceding they were correct calls mind you, AC got our fair share of those penalties because our players retaliated.

d123, I'm always worried when a team I root for isn't ahead by some insurmountable margin.... That does make the game less exciting but then I'm not nearly as nervous. I'm not sure what you mean by Karns not being given a chance to run a play. Time expired at the end of the first half during their last running play which ended on our 1 yd line. So the clock and the AC defense were at fault for them not getting to run another play. You are correct that the defense stepped up with some nice stunts to disrupt the Karns passing game and some nice stops (for example, at our 1 yd. line) when it counted. The offense was not firing on all cylinders at times, but I wouldn't fault the offense and certainly not JW, who saw double and triple teaming all night. (Plus, I heard that JW had missed some time at practice because of illness during that week.) Rather, I'd credit Karns with a good defensive gameplan. And as the ever wise and thoughtful oppressed238 has said, we had other receivers step up to fill the void. The AC OL also did a nice job of giving TW adequate time to throw and Hicks was a monster on offense and defense. A final thought is that Karns has pretty good players and the ability to beat some teams as they showed by spanking some Panthers not too many weeks ago. Now, I've got friends who are Panthers and I do pity them ^_^ (for being Panthers, that is) , but they did get a spankin'.

I'll report back on the thrown out player question.

kidd, I haven't even tried to tax my feeble mind with all that stuff. I long for the simplicity of yesteryear, but I'd say you're correct.

As far as punches, again I didn't see any but I'm worried enough now that I'm gonna check to make sure that no one from AC was kicked out. If a player is kicked out, doesn't he have to miss the next game? Unfortunately for AC, 50jumper, and I'm not conceding they were correct calls mind you, AC got our fair share of those penalties because our players retaliated.

d123, I'm always worried when a team I root for isn't ahead by some insurmountable margin.... That does make the game less exciting but then I'm not nearly as nervous. I'm not sure what you mean by Karns not being given a chance to run a play. Time expired at the end of the first half during their last running play which ended on our 1 yd line. So the clock and the AC defense were at fault for them not getting to run another play. You are correct that the defense stepped up with some nice stunts to disrupt the Karns passing game and some nice stops (for example, at our 1 yd. line) when it counted. The offense was not firing on all cylinders at times, but I wouldn't fault the offense and certainly not JW, who saw double and triple teaming all night. (Plus, I heard that JW had missed some time at practice because of illness during that week.) Rather, I'd credit Karns with a good defensive gameplan. And as the ever wise and thoughtful oppressed238 has said, we had other receivers step up to fill the void. The AC OL also did a nice job of giving TW adequate time to throw and Hicks was a monster on offense and defense. A final thought is that Karns has pretty good players and the ability to beat some teams as they showed by spanking some Panthers not too many weeks ago. Now, I've got friends who are Panthers and I do pity them ^_^ (for being Panthers, that is) , but they did get a spankin'.

I'll report back on the thrown out player question.

That was my point Mav, most of Clinton's were for retaliation also. It is kind of a coindence that AC/Clintons issues were against the same team.

I am informed that no AC player was tossed -- by the officials, at least. After the offsetting personal foul penalties, the offending AC player was taken out of the game for a couple of plays by the coaches. Perhaps that is what lead someone to tell you, 57in87, that an AC player was tossed. And just my .02, but perhaps you're being a tad hard on your source, who might have seen the player come out of the game but didn't see him re-enter. I'm not sayin'; I'm just sayin'.

The player that left the field after the play on the sideline?!?! Oh that helps! MavMaximus, the person that told me about the ejection was very adamant about it. He said that someone was ejected and it was a fact. I am curious about the situation and really want to know if this person's character is that low that he would just lie to get a rise out of me. Oh well, I guess nobody really knows!! Anybody know the truth, please stand up!!