gleason vs. huntingdon

hoofbeat

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is a setup game for the mckenzie /huntingdon district championship game.pigskin pals are feeding the sophmores on thursday. i look for this game to be decided in the first half.looks like huntingdon/mckenzie for district championship.

What time and where? Do you need any help?

yea,we start about 4:00 at sesquesential park.we old heads try to pump the boys up and talk some tradition.

i can't remember huntingdon playing gleason in recent history,but the program says we've played 20 times. huntingdon has won 13 lost 6 and tied 1.maybe mr. mustang can give us some history.

hoofbeat.. Thanks to others that have furnished historical scores to the school we are now able to go to /www.hsfdatabase.com and easily find all of our scores. Really great site.

Gleason and Huntingdon have met 20 times and HHS holds the edge against them 13-6-1. We first played in the modern era in 1930 winning 20-6. The last time we played Gleason was in 1949.. It's been 60 years. That's awesome. Actually Gleason has a good winning percentage against us.. :roflol:

I've heard from a PP that the field is in a mess. After the 2 games on it last Thursday 17 bands marched on it on Saturday and it's a quagmire for sure.

I was reading in my Murphy Fair book about this game and it appears that durn Coach at Gleason didn't turn in his survey. Huntingdon has a real fast runner listed. Let me ask you Huntingdon people a question. Is this Holder boy going to college anywhere? I bet that Coach Swenson makes him wear ankle weights at practice to make him faster for the playoffs. You think its a joke cause its not. Those lineman must be able to knock some holes for Holder to run through. Murphy says he rushed for more than 500 yards against some USJ team last year.

roy he's the real deal.changed from a straight ahead runner that didn't use his blocking to a more finesse runner who waits for his blocking to open holes and can cut on a dime. holder should be class 1-a mr. football and will make a good running back for under d-1 college.he also knows who makes those holes for him! he's got close to 1500 yards with two games left in regular season. gleason is having a pretty good year, but has'nt played the competition huntingdon has. i look for a lot of underclassman to get muddy tommorrow night. our field is very soggy.one game left to determine district champ as well as carroll county champ.