Giles vs Lewis

likearock

Why start a thread for Giles vs Lewis when according to the previous posters the game is already decided? ALL teams can be beat even Giles County. Lewis may not win Friday but it is a shame to count them out before the first kick off.

Glad to see the fire is not totally out in Lewis County. I assure you the Cats haven't counted anyone out. At the first glance at the schedules this year I believe most looked for this to be a good game and competitive one.

So tell me...what are Lewis Co's strong points?

They play hard! :cry: In experienced, young.....but don't lack effort. They have a sophmore QB and the backfield has 2 jr. and a Soph. starting. They had a senior back, couldn't tell you what happened to him. A one of kind DE. The linebacking is undersized except for a sophmore. I think if you ask Springhill, page or marshall, they will tell you they play hard. The have lost one key player...a sophmore that was a game changer (I believe honestly that with him on the team they might have won at least 3 of the games they lost). The players have caught a lot of flack from former players......but none of them.....in over 17 years played against the talent this years team has played against.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well since Lewis co. is not even going to try to win.why play the

game?we could save a lot of time and money if we all stay at home

friday.do we actually think Lewis co. Is just going roll over and play

dead?don't think so.right now the bobcats have targets on their backs

and if a 3a team beat a highly ranked 4a team it would be huge.being its

senior night for Lewis co. I think they will come out swinging.(not literally)

But I think the cats still take this one.by the way if they wasn't going to

Try to win why would people,players from lewis co. come to watch the

bobcats come and play last sat?

So tell me...what are Lewis Co's strong points?

They play hard! :cry: In experienced, young.....but don't lack effort. They have a sophmore QB and the backfield has 2 jr. and a Soph. starting. They had a senior back, couldn't tell you what happened to him. A one of kind DE. The linebacking is undersized except for a sophmore. I think if you ask Springhill, page or marshall, they will tell you they play hard. The have lost one key player...a sophmore that was a game changer (I believe honestly that with him on the team they might have won at least 3 of the games they lost). The players have caught a lot of flack from former players......but none of them.....in over 17 years played against the talent this years team has played against.

Good post. Now, thats what I expected out of Lewis. It will be a good game and if they hang close to Giles who knows. It will at least give them tons of experience that the coaches cannot simulate in practice as far as speed and adapting to multiple formations and schemes. :lol:

Well since Lewis co. is not even going to try to win.why play the

game?we could save a lot of time and money if we all stay at home

friday.do we actually think Lewis co. Is just going roll over and play

dead?don't think so.right now the bobcats have targets on their backs

and if a 3a team beat a highly ranked 4a team it would be huge.being its

senior night for Lewis co. I think they will come out swinging.(not literally)

But I think the cats still take this one.by the way if they wasn't going to

Try to win why would people,players from lewis co. come to watch the

bobcats come and play last sat?

Good Lord! You need to quit reading between the lines. It was conversation between people.....with logic. No ONE SAID......Lewis isn't going to try and win. You can make what you want. I understood what turf was saying. This game DOESN'T matter at the end. The playoffs is what matters to both teams. Want to see Lewis go in the playoffs......healthy! If you really think Lewis isn't going to try then you need to pull your head out of............ :cry: I wouldn't think though that the coaches would just leave his players in if the score was out of hand just to make it feel better to Giles. Its the big picture Lewis needs to pay attention too. If the game is close...........I can assure that the starters will be there at the end. Depth is the biggest challenge for Lewis.....seen it work against them in the Springhill and Page game.

So you to make statements like that......is plain stupid. :lol:

Man this is such bull crap. All you players reading this dont listen to them i know yall can play hard. i have never seen a lewis county team just roll over before a game. ya'll work the hardest yall have worked all year. and im comin in friday to see yall play. its a good nine hr drive for me so please put on a show like i know yall young kids can do. seniors its up to you on how far you make it the rest of the yr. push everyone. its your last senior night ever in high school and i remember ours last year and its special winning that game. GO LEWIS CO

No disrespect intended, but I figure that this thread will be much more competitive than the pending game between the Bobcats and the Panthers. Giles County's ability and willingness to pass should prove to be too much for LC. Figure in an "offensive" defensive game plan by Giles County and you have the makings of a long night for LCHS. Lewis County just can't replicate any kind of a passing attack by their scout teams in practice. The defense just doesn't get to see an effective passing game in practice. This isn't a dig at this year's team, either. It has been that way for a long time.

If the TSSAA had outlawed the forward pass 20 years ago, I have no doubt in my mind that Lewis County would have won at least 1 State Championship and would have made it to at least a half dozen Semi-Final games. It's those pesky teams that insist on passing and loading the box on defense that have always stopped LC from advancing.

Man this is such bull crap. All you players reading this dont listen to them i know yall can play hard. i have never seen a lewis county team just roll over before a game. ya'll work the hardest yall have worked all year. and im comin in friday to see yall play. its a good nine hr drive for me so please put on a show like i know yall young kids can do. seniors its up to you on how far you make it the rest of the yr. push everyone. its your last senior night ever in high school and i remember ours last year and its special winning that game. GO LEWIS CO

How many games have you seen them play?

No disrespect intended, but I figure that this thread will be much more competitive than the pending game between the Bobcats and the Panthers. Giles County's ability and willingness to pass should prove to be too much for LC. Figure in an "offensive" defensive game plan by Giles County and you have the makings of a long night for LCHS. Lewis County just can't replicate any kind of a passing attack by their scout teams in practice. The defense just doesn't get to see an effective passing game in practice. This isn't a dig at this year's team, either. It has been that way for a long time.

If the TSSAA had outlawed the forward pass 20 years ago, I have no doubt in my mind that Lewis County would have won at least 1 State Championship and would have made it to at least a half dozen Semi-Final games. It's those pesky teams that insist on passing and loading the box on defense that have always stopped LC from advancing.

Now thats funny..... :roflol::oops: