8. Austin-East 4-3 45 8

9. McMinn Central 5-2 35 9

10. Goodpasture 5-2 28 10

Others receiving 12 or more points: none

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, this poll looks pretty accurate, with the exception of McMinn Central. Smith Co. played their best game of the year and got less points than they did last week, I am a little confused on that. Not saying they should be in the top 10 yet, just don't understand how they could have less points than last week.

IMO, this poll looks pretty accurate, with the exception of McMinn Central. Smith Co. played their best game of the year and got less points than they did last week, I am a little confused on that. Not saying they should be in the top 10 yet, just don't understand how they could have less points than last week.

Less voters this week, just 19...I think there was 20 or 21 last week.

Less voters this week, just 19...I think there was 20 or 21 last week.

Good point, that was my bad, should have paid more attention :thumb:

Also to the voters I would like to say this..........

If you are going to include Austin East (4-3) in the Top 10 then you certainly have to give credit to a team like Pearl-Cohn (3-4) for the schedule that they played this season as well. They have played MBA, BGA, Maplewood, Ft. Campbell (KY), East Literature, & Northeast this season. They are 2-1 in their district and could very easily be 3-0 if some things fall their way in the Maplewood game.

That is just a thought but in my opinion it certainly is one that should be looked at by the voters :thumb:

Also to the voters I would like to say this..........

If you are going to include Austin East (4-3) in the Top 10 then you certainly have to give credit to a team like Pearl-Cohn (3-4) for the schedule that they played this season as well. They have played MBA, BGA, Maplewood, Ft. Campbell (KY), East Literature, & Northeast this season. They are 2-1 in their district and could very easily be 3-0 if some things fall their way in the Maplewood game.

That is just a thought but in my opinion it certainly is one that should be looked at by the voters :popcorneater:

Pearl Cohn has lost to some quality team, but Maplewood is the only one that they played close. Are any of their wins against quality teams? I don't know... just asking.

They beat East Literature & Northeast and both of them are quality football teams. Stratford was a game in which they survived against a team that is not what I would consider to be very good but still it was a win. There are a lot of teams from the midstate that I am fans of but I will say that if Pearl Cohn & Goodpasture both get there then they will both be very difficult "outs" for anyone. Goodpasture is very well coached and does things correct and they never beat themselves. Pearl Cohn is very fast and athletic and on a given night (if they are hot) they could beat anyone because of their talent. They are very similar to Austin East.

They beat East Literature & Northeast and both of them are quality football teams. Stratford was a game in which they survived against a team that is not what I would consider to be very good but still it was a win. There are a lot of teams from the midstate that I am fans of but I will say that if Pearl Cohn & Goodpasture both get there then they will both be very difficult "outs" for anyone. Goodpasture is very well coached and does things correct and they never beat themselves. Pearl Cohn is very fast and athletic and on a given night (if they are hot) they could beat anyone because of their talent. They are very similar to Austin East.

Being fast and athletic alone does not make Pearl Cohn "very similar" to Austin-East. They are not on the same level, and IMO Pearl Cohn does not belong in the top 10.

Pearl Cohn has three wins against teams that are not ranked in the top 10 of any poll:

Clarksville Northeast (5A) - #25 Earl Nall, no AP ranking

East Literature (3A) - #31 Earl Nall, no AP ranking

Stratford (4A) - #40 Earl Nall, no AP ranking

Austin-East has four wins:

Fulton (4A) - #9 Earl Nall, #9 AP

Morristown East (5A) - #24 Earl Nall, no AP ranking

Carter (4A) - #23 Earl Nall, no AP ranking

Union County (4A) - #52 Earl Nall, no AP ranking

Pearl Cohn lost four games by an average of 19 points. Only one of their losses was close.

Austin-East lost three games by an average of 5 points to teams that are all ranked high are are in higher divisions. They have not and will not get blown out by anybody this year.