Jackson Co. vs. RBS

whonos

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will tell you ahead of time that's not going to happen. JC wins by 40 if they want but I'm guessing they will clear the bench in the second half. JC 38 RBS 12

What happened midten? Guess it wouldn't the landslide that you predicted. I can't believe that Clay County lost to you guys after beating Monterey 13-10 (who beat you 27-7), and beating RBS 26-6 (who took you guys to the end to beat). I guess every dog has their day though.

14 to 8 what happened?

Wet, sloppy field and poor play calling on both sides. Special teams scored for both teams. RBS offense was not very good, couldn't even score with 1st and goal from the 4. JC was just a little better on offense when they needed to be. Oh yea, the refs definitely gave some home cooking. The bulldogs had better be ready for the next 2 weeks, with FCS and TC. What a way to end the season.

I will tell you ahead of time that's not going to happen. JC wins by 40 if they want but I'm guessing they will clear the bench in the second half. JC 38 RBS 12

What happened midten? Guess it wouldn't the landslide that you predicted. I can't believe that Clay County lost to you guys after beating Monterey 13-10 (who beat you 27-7), and beating RBS 26-6 (who took you guys to the end to beat). I guess every dog has their day though.

Believe boarhog! Clay lost and lost badly! Couldnt tell ya about this game though as i wasn't there to danged nasty and cold for me! Heard from a reliable source though that the refs tried to give it to rbs but still no way they should have came close to us. So not sure what happened but i guess its a good thing we weren't playing a real team like Clay Co. huh? :flower:

Jackson County had 239 yards and 17 first downs, to 12 net yards and 4 first downs for RBS. It was a frustrating night for both teams as the referees wanted to be noticed way to much. 9 flags on Jackson County for 75 yards and most of those came on big plays, including 3 in a row in the third quarter costing the Blue Devils a 36 yard run and passes of 20 and 18 yards.

RBS played with lots of heart, blocking a punt and recovering it for a touchdown in the fourth quarter. The two-point try made it 8-8. Jackson County's version of 'Tim Tebow' Kaleb Allen refused to allow an upset however carrying the ball most of the way down the field on the final drive. Allen ended with 21 carries for 141 yards. The game was close, and RBS is vastly improved over other years. The weather was bad, the field was wet, blah blah blah, but the bottom line was both teams played hard if not well and Jackson County isn't good enough yet to pout over a win. We'll take it and go get ready for Pickett County and a chance to win 5 in a season for the first time since 1983. It's true we have little tradition but we are turning a corner here and this team has a chance to set a new benchmark for the future.

Hats off the RBS on carrying ther fight to us as well as other teams this year. Good luck to both teams the rest of the way!

Jackson County had 239 yards and 17 first downs, to 12 net yards and 4 first downs for RBS. It was a frustrating night for both teams as the referees wanted to be noticed way to much. 9 flags on Jackson County for 75 yards and most of those came on big plays, including 3 in a row in the third quarter costing the Blue Devils a 36 yard run and passes of 20 and 18 yards.

RBS played with lots of heart, blocking a punt and recovering it for a touchdown in the fourth quarter. The two-point try made it 8-8. Jackson County's version of 'Tim Tebow' Kaleb Allen refused to allow an upset however carrying the ball most of the way down the field on the final drive. Allen ended with 21 carries for 141 yards. The game was close, and RBS is vastly improved over other years. The weather was bad, the field was wet, blah blah blah, but the bottom line was both teams played hard if not well and Jackson County isn't good enough yet to pout over a win. We'll take it and go get ready for Pickett County and a chance to win 5 in a season for the first time since 1983. It's true we have little tradition but we are turning a corner here and this team has a chance to set a new benchmark for the future.

Hats off the RBS on carrying ther fight to us as well as other teams this year. Good luck to both teams the rest of the way!

JC I hope you get the five wins this year. Good luck

Oh and for the record, the only reason Clay was able to beat RBS is because Garrett was playing at that time. If these two teams played now RBS would win. They are CLEARLY the better team right now.