WHICH 1A PLAYER DOES THE MOST FOR HIS TEAM?

Dabeztndabiznez

I can read there kid, just calm down and read my post. I am stateing a fact, one man that is a great player can cause more problems sometimes if the rest of the team starts to depend on him to do everything. Case in point Adam Townsend was a great football player for Hampton, and they started depending on him to win the games. When he went down at Cosby on the first play, Hampton had to become a team (quickly) . The coaches had to do some shuffeling around, but it ended up making them a better team all around. They even went to the semis without him twice. Dont get me wrong he was an awsome player, but if everyone would have worked as hard as they did without him, would have worked as hard when he was there, they could have possibly won state. That is what you look for on film, (the goto guy.) Shut him down , and you win. To be a complete , the team needs a leader, and everyone working together for one common goal, The WIN.

(I will say it, Hertzog is the best kid on your team.)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can read there kid, just calm down and read my post. I am stateing a fact, one man that is a great player can cause more problems sometimes if the rest of the team starts to depend on him to do everything. Case in point Adam Townsend was a great football player for Hampton, and they started depending on him to win the games. When he went down at Cosby on the first play, Hampton had to become a team (quickly) . The coaches had to do some shuffeling around, but it ended up making them a better team all around. They even went to the semis without him twice. Dont get me wrong he was an awsome player, but if everyone would have worked as hard as they did without him, would have worked as hard when he was there, they could have possibly won state. That is what you look for on film, (the goto guy.) Shut him down , and you win. To be a complete , the team needs a leader, and everyone working together for one common goal, The WIN.

And that and 9 bucks will get you a haircut.

Oldeagle, the kid from Unaka come to Hampton because he didn't like Unaka, Mike didn't even know the kid existed, The QB was at Hampton long before he ever went to Elizabethton, The truth of the matter is ,we lost his brother to Eluzabethton, he was a good one. As far as Iknow ,Hampton don't have any kids from Avery or Cloudland. But Ireally believe you are on to something, People in this area believes in Mike and their sucess may bring kids from several of the nearby schools. He won't have to recruit them ,they will won't to go where they think they will have the best chance of success. If the rules were not what they are,you would see alot more transfers everywhere.That sitting out a year or having to move throws a kink in things. As a matter of fact ,one of the Cloudland kids father called Hampton a couple of weeks ago. He is a soph ,so for him to be eligable ,he either has to move or sit out his Jr year. Not very good options in his case.This transfer thing is not quite as easy as some might think. But Mike or any Coach in Tennessee would gladly welcome good players from anywhere.

Wonder how many you guys have got from Cocke co over the last several years, I can name a few and I'm sure I don't know all of them.

1 ,Spencer Grooms , tell me the rest of them there ole wise one. Mike has had more kids from avery play for him than the coach at avery.

Herzog is probably the best punt/kick returner in the state in1A. And is probably one of the best receivers/db's , and has the stats to prove it. NOBODY Hampton has can cover him 1on1. So far nobody weve played has had anybody that could. Everytime we catch them trying he scores on em and they don't try anymore. If he doesn't make all state they should just quit naming all state players.

And that and 9 bucks will get you a haircut.

And all im saying is find another thread to post on if you cant objectivly make a comment.No da that it takes the whole team but the thread was started for opions not how the bulldogs of hampton is coached.All I ever see on hear is how cosby is lucky and every team on roan mountain is the best or should be the best and if they do get beat it was hard luck for them (Hard luck kids i believe)And as far as HERZOG he is better than Pugo will ever admitt since he's not from that way.One on one he's better than most even 3 on 1 just ask the hard luck kids of cloudland. But enough of this my vote is for Herzog#5 from cosby.

Oldeagle, the kid from Unaka come to Hampton because he didn't like Unaka, Mike didn't even know the kid existed, The QB was at Hampton long before he ever went to Elizabethton, The truth of the matter is ,we lost his brother to Eluzabethton, he was a good one. As far as Iknow ,Hampton don't have any kids from Avery or Cloudland. But Ireally believe you are on to something, People in this area believes in Mike and their sucess may bring kids from several of the nearby schools. He won't have to recruit them ,they will won't to go where they think they will have the best chance of success. If the rules were not what they are,you would see alot more transfers everywhere.That sitting out a year or having to move throws a kink in things. As a matter of fact ,one of the Cloudland kids father called Hampton a couple of weeks ago. He is a soph ,so for him to be eligable ,he either has to move or sit out his Jr year. Not very good options in his case.This transfer thing is not quite as easy as some might think. But Mike or any Coach in Tennessee would gladly welcome good players from anywhere.

Wonder how many you guys have got from Cocke co over the last several years, I can name a few and I'm sure I don't know all of them.

1 ,Spencer Grooms , tell me the rest of them there ole wise one. Mike has had more kids from avery play for him than the coach at avery.

Herzog is probably the best punt/kick returner in the state in1A. And is probably one of the best receivers/db's , and has the stats to prove it. NOBODY Hampton has can cover him 1on1. So far nobody weve played has had anybody that could. Everytime we catch them trying he scores on em and they don't try anymore. If he doesn't make all state they should just quit naming all state players.

Now ,old wise one ,name me all these kids that come from Avery, Were sort of in the same boat ain't we. Another thing is ,if you have only had 1 kid from Cocke Co as long as you guys have been there, don't sound like many people have much faith in you guys. If my kids were there ,trust me , they would be going somewhere else in a hurry.

Now ,old wise one ,name me all these kids that come from Avery, Were sort of in the same boat ain't we. Another thing is ,if you have only had 1 kid from Cocke Co as long as you guys have been there, don't sound like many people have much faith in you guys. If my kids were there ,trust me , they would be going somewhere else in a hurry.

I never said I could name em. Our county isn't zoned we get several kids that might have to ride the bus to cocke county , but only one that I know of that actually transfered from there.

If you are really wanting to look at stats to determine the whole outcome of this post take a look at the Tennessean website. Sophomore Jacob Tucker of the Perry County Vikings, 1797 passing yards, 606 rushing yards, and 93 tackles. He runs, he throws, and he tackles. What else could his team ask for?

If you are really wanting to look at stats to determine the whole outcome of this post take a look at the Tennessean website. Sophomore Jacob Tucker of the Perry County Vikings, 1797 passing yards, 606 rushing yards, and 93 tackles. He runs, he throws, and he tackles. What else could his team ask for?

Add to his stats 15 passing td's and 6 rushing td's.